Ban appeal

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

saltysack
Resource Storage

Ban appeal

Postby saltysack » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:47 pm

Your Warcraft III username: sALTY SACK
Realm/Gateway: US EAST
Why are you banned: accused of cheating by a killsteeling, trolling, 10 to one kill death ratio that makes new accts every 3 games if looses and seems to be encouraged
Why you should be unbanned: Game speaks for its self. Ever see a cheat buy 2 gems for the accuser and hand deliver in attempt to win. Only for him not to use to clear mines or help team. Used poor use of words in game is all i should be guilty of.

Hello and good morning,

Im here requesting that a moderator please review a game that got me ban from Dota/ent. A ban request was started by this so called Saint that cherry picked 4 lines from a game that got us ban. I play with my brother and we are very competitive and would never tolerate cheating. Im really not computer savvy in any way shape or form and would not even know were to begin. I used the LAN line we share as a poor strategy on my part.. Instead of just saying back as most do i stated they are coming. It was obvious since no one was on mini map and we just ganked the bot. Im 45 years old and have been playing dota for almost 16 years. Im still a total noob and dont even know how to use my hot keys. Thats not the point. The point is the poor words i used as a stradagey is no evidence of ever cheating. I begged Saint that started the ban just to help fight and not kill steel the whole time. I bought him 2 gems in the game to help clear mines from techies. Does a cheat do that. I suck at dota and if you see any other games it will prove just that. I actually had a positive kill death ratio, really rear for me, in this game and before getting railroaded i thought i had a good chance to beat my brother the warlock in the game in question. I have been in contact with snowwywolf and have been going back and forth with the chat. My brother was offended and insulted him personally and we have not been able to make progress past this point. I take offense to being called a cheat and was told i have no right to an appeal after playing dota for 16 years. Hows that fare someone playing for 16 years has no say but a person with 3 games that trolls, killsteels, and is a soar looser does. I like to rant and rage during the game and know its not good either. Im only requesting this appeal because its not true. 4 lines were cherry picked and 2 min of effort put into a ban that seems to be sticking up to this point. the so called Saint that started the ban resets his acct every time he looses his 10 to one kill death ratio. This does not only seem to be the new practice now and days but if this sticks it seems to be encouraged. Im sorry i suck and play the same acct but it has to paint a picture over some new acct every 3 games. He only killsteeled his way threw the game and after being a soar looser he started the ban. Have you ever herd of a team mate buying another 2 gems to help clear mines in an attempt to win a cheater. Well now you have. Im only fighting this because we use dota as an escape from the long hours of work and stress and feel cheated of that being falsely accused. Please take a few moments to review the game despite my poor attitude and see i did give it my all and was begging for sniper/saint to help out and not just kill steel. Im not one to take being accused of something that i did not do, as im sure you would do also, as a joke. I've been in the Fire service for over 23 years and feel even though a bit immature, a fare, honest person. I and am requesting a fare review of the game as if in the same case you would too. If you feel i should be punished for my poor use of words in the game please come down on my with iron fists. But please dont punish my brother that loves dota for over 20 years for me being an asshole. I promise i never cheated and would not go to this length to prove it if not true. It has caused a rift between me and my brother and i am begging as before to let him play as an escape. He plays under the name ANDYMASTER and only plays under ISUCKHARD when playing with me. He usually carries me to victory or i suck so bad it costs us the game. We played on separate teams just once because we could not seem to get on the same side. This does not make us cheaters. Please let the game speak for its self and not me being a poor sport. I hope you take to heart everything i said as it is the truth. Im a lazy ass and to take 4 hours to prove myself has been tough typing 1 letter at a time. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks for your time and reading this.

Please, please, please im begging like no cheat would ever, to please watch game, watch me buy gems that are no good for me and hand deliver to sniper and place down multiple times to make sure he gets them in an effort to woop my brother. only to be ban by a kill steeling, trolling, new acct maker in an attempt to accuse me of being a cheat. Im not hoping for any sympathy, just whats right, it seems to get lost in these times. Put you self in my shoes if accused of doing something you did not do. If you feel im lying in any way please feel free to call me out on it. My brother has bought 4 dota/warcraft games because he loves it and supports blizzard. My uncle, cousin, nephew and few friends i have play dota. Dont let me stop them from playing (even if falsy accused).Please dont punish my brother for my wrong (choice of words) wrong doing. Please let him play and if you feel im a poor sport i promise to delete the game no to mess it up for him again. With all my heart this is the truth.

Thanks
Paul
not hiding behind some screen name

SnowwyWolf
Treant

Re: Ban appeal

Postby SnowwyWolf » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:56 pm

Just to clarify a few things:
- I never once said you cannot appeal, I simply said you cannot appeal on behalf of your brother.
- you accused me of being racist when race was never mentioned.
- your brother not only insulted me personally but also accused every ENT staff member of driving players away.
- I did watch the replay with the lines in question and you claimed you could see your brother's screen, that matched up with the replay and I simply taken you at your word.
- The rest of the game was immaterial to myself as I just watched what you said match up with in-game, I'm just going by the words that you have said when you and your brother are playing on LAN together.
- Again as I've said you cannot appeal for your brother, whether you get unbanned or not he'll have to make his own appeal, it's how we process them with relevant TIDs to prevent abuse of the system etc.
- Considering your brother raged at me and all the other staff here and said he is quitting and didn't even deny the accusation I'm surprised to see you trying so hard to get him unbanned when he said himself he doesn't want to play here.

I will leave another mod to review and decide and I'll agree with whatever decision they make.

saltysack
Resource Storage

Postby saltysack » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:08 pm

I got us ban. how does my brother have any thing to do with this?
You said all cheaters are the same, close to the same thing, hahahahah
You joined a few months ago and have been running ramped chasing people away since.
Im on the same ip address and its all or nothing with the ban. If you can let me play until he appeals please do.
His 20 years of playing should count for more than him raging you for starting a few months ago and taking it so personal.

saltysack
Resource Storage

Postby saltysack » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:13 pm

all im asking is for you to have a heart and not one ban request stick if its not true.

saltysack
Resource Storage

Postby saltysack » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:15 pm

It should have never been started. And letting one soar looser get his way is only encouraging the path of new acct kill stealer trollers.

saltysack
Resource Storage

Postby saltysack » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:29 pm

Just lower the sentence to a week or month as it is not just and you wont have to hear from me every day for a year. I never get involved with any online crap and am sick to my stomach knowing im being punished for false accusations and personal feelings.

Draco
Forest Walker

Postby Draco » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:08 pm

IMO he should be unbanned and given another chance. he did apologize and make an appeal. There are way worse game ruiners who play every day without being banned, using the good ol "noob" excuse. Or they just i.p dodge. And saint is a horrible player most of the time he just farms creeps all game with midas in easy mode or uses bugged meepo. He's actually the one who makes it boring for everyone. I Remember i owned his meepo he was like 2-9 first 20 mins but he still got level 25 lmfao. He can only play a broken hero that still levels to max even when you fail mid

saltysack
Resource Storage

Postby saltysack » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:43 pm

Thats exactly what happened in my game. He failed mid. Never helped gank, or fight. Killstealed and some how got us ban. Well at least he is consistent. It was a good game and fair and if i was cheating why did i not win?

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:04 pm

Please keep your posts relevant to the topic. Who did what at mid and how much he farmed is irrelevant and just wastes our time.

Also, if you wish to add further - new - information to the topic, you can edit your previous response instead of adding a new one.

A second moderator will provide his review and opinion asap. Please remain patient.

By the way, your ban duration was 1 month. It expires in ~20 days.

saltysack
Resource Storage

Postby saltysack » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:27 pm

Ok thanks. It said one year and thought it was way harsh. I appreciate that you lowered it to one month. I still feel it was unjust and would love to see it removed completely but am glad its not a year as it was for my first sentence. Thanks and from here forward i promise to play less and be a better sport when i do.

saltysack
Resource Storage

Postby saltysack » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:17 pm

Ok i thought the ban was for a year. Sorry to waste everyone's time. Would have never begged if i knew it was only a month. I still stand by my word saying there was no cheating but to not play a crappy game for only a month is no sweat. I just thought i ruined it for my brother for a year. Thanks for clarifying it FalenGa. You da mang. coldbitch i mean snowwywolf (same difference) get off your power trip. Its only a game.

SnowwyWolf
Treant

Postby SnowwyWolf » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:32 pm

saltysack wrote:Ok i thought the ban was for a year. Sorry to waste everyone's time. Would have never begged if i knew it was only a month. I still stand by my word saying there was no cheating but to not play a crappy game for only a month is no sweat. I just thought i ruined it for my brother for a year. Thanks for clarifying it FalenGa. You da mang. coldbitch i mean snowwywolf (same difference) get off your power trip. Its only a game.

The ban was only ever for a month, no one has lowered it. You clearly read the ban duration incorrectly so do not blame me for that. Please explain how I am on a power trip? You still claim I am driving players away and yet if we didn't have the moderation here that we do everyone would go play bnet and deal with feeders, trolls and leavers in every single game without fail.

If you want to say I am on a power trip please back up your claim with evidence, link to examples of me being on a power trip. It's strange that only people that I have banned lash out and accuse me of such ridiculous things. Those who follow the rules never have any issue with me, why do you think that might be?

Another moderator will review this in time but the way you and your brother keep taking and making it personal is quite sad but I'm used to it at this stage already. As I have said I have dealt with many people such as yourself in my short tenure here already but ultimately it always ends in the same way.

I will not make any apologies for dealing with ban requests even when it results in people taking it personal and directing personal attacks towards myself. It is actually players such as yourself driving people away from ENT with your toxic nature.

Regardless I shall not reply further, in future it would be great if you could provide evidence of your claims such as me being on a power trip and being racist.

Best of luck with your appeal.

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:47 am

Pretty sad you can talk about me all you want and get away with it since your reputation means nothing. I wasnt a feeder and I didnt play mid: I was 11-0 techies. Plz get your facts straight and learn to read before you go insult other players. Thanks, enjoy the month ban you 45 year old bum.

Astros
Protector of Nature

Postby Astros » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:49 pm

This dude has a terrible attitude but I don't know why he was banned for one month.

-No evidence he is legitimately using a third-party tool
-No evidence he is multi-boxing. He is allowed to play with or against his brother.

There is clearly ghosting and I guess since they are brothers and are playing next to each other, they should be more aware of how this can affect others. Still, one month seems to be high unless this user has had previous negative encounters here.

I would say a 10-12 day ban would have sufficed here, honestly.

OP needs to understand that shared IP is shared responsibility. You can't speak for your brother just like how your brother shouldn't be speaking for you if he was not the one involved in an accident. With your negative behavior, I think BNET might be the perfect place for you anyways.
These users thanked the author Astros for the post:
SnowwyWolf (Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:10 pm)
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

SnowwyWolf
Treant

Postby SnowwyWolf » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:17 pm

Astros wrote:This dude has a terrible attitude but I don't know why he was banned for one month.

-No evidence he is legitimately using a third-party tool
-No evidence he is multi-boxing. He is allowed to play with or against his brother.

There is clearly ghosting and I guess since they are brothers and are playing next to each other, they should be more aware of how this can affect others. Still, one month seems to be high unless this user has had previous negative encounters here.

I would say a 10-12 day ban would have sufficed here, honestly.

OP needs to understand that shared IP is shared responsibility. You can't speak for your brother just like how your brother shouldn't be speaking for you if he was not the one involved in an accident. With your negative behavior, I think BNET might be the perfect place for you anyways.

@Saltysack @AndyMaster

You can thank Astros for his post on this appeal, I tend to agree with him and thus I'm going to approve the appeal and unban you both 12 days early. You could have been unbanned much sooner if you both showed a little bit of maturity and didn't just spew out a load of nonsense towards me, accusing me of driving players away from ENT in droves, calling me racist, not acknowledging anything at all and just generally not having any form of reasonable discussion with me. I am actually a very fair person and just speaking to me like a normal human being goes a long way.

In future, if you break the rules and feel a ban is unfair I highly recommend you take time to reflect, calm yourself down and just make an appeal without all of the attitude and accusations that went with it. After being spoken to the way you both spoke to me how did you think it would turn out during your appeal?

Fact is I still even now have no issues with you on a personal level, for me this is simply following policies, guidelines and making adjustments that seem fair or accurate. In future appeals I would treat it the same as any other appeal, anything you say about me on a personal level has no impact on how I would deal with you in the future be it a BRQ or Appeal, however, during the course of your appeal I take in to account everything you say in the appeal thread and PM's regarding it since that is the purpose of the appeal, to put fourth how you feel.

Both unbanned.

Return to “Processed Appeals”