????

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

Drink
Armored Tree

????

Postby Drink » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:39 pm

Your Warcraft III username: PointZero
Realm/Gateway:
Why are you banned: Ghosting?
Why you should be unbanned: Apparently FalenGa thought I was ghosting? I'd like to see exactly where I ghosted usable information to the other team. Requesting that any mod other than @FalenGa review this, thanks.

inb4 my ban expires again before my appeal is reviewed....yet again.
Last edited by FalenGa on Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed the unnecessary parts

Drink
Armored Tree

Re: ????

Postby Drink » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:42 pm

Guy seriously banned me but not blueoranges. Do you even play DotA? You obviously don't understand the game, holy shit.

Drink
Armored Tree

Postby Drink » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:46 pm

I want to see the exact chat message where I ghosted. Because there isn't one. If I ghosted, then I guess

(39:21 / All) LetsTryItOut: now omni has refresher

is also ghosting? Nah, this is more moderator targeting.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:02 pm

(12:33 / All) PointZero: omni just in jungle
That's ghosting. You're providing information they do not have, about the location of one of your teammates. Your teammate doesn't even see this, as you've blocked him. He could have easilyy been ganked due to this.

(12:56 / All) PointZero: no boots
You then inform them how vulnerable he is to gank. Again, info they wouldn't have without you. Just because they didn't act on it, doesn't mean you're good to go.

(15:11 / All) PointZero: omni rushing radiance without boots
(16:19 / All) PointZero: he sold soul ring
(20:05 / All) PointZero: he got boots and rebought the soul ring

Each information leaked is usually 3 days. I went for a total of 5 instead, given most of these were minor. But the woods one isn't.

Drink
Armored Tree

Postby Drink » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:11 pm

You call that ghosting? I’m providing evidence for eventually kicking the guy for trolling and you call that ghosting. So stupid.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:12 pm

What part of "providing information to the enemy team - information they wouldn't otherwise have - making your teammate vulnerable to a gank while being unaware of all this" don't you get?

Edit* I've got to leave for an hour or two. Don't take this as ignoring you. I'll continue working on your appeal once i am back.

Drink
Armored Tree

Postby Drink » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:25 pm

Is this ghosting? Because that was also said in the game. 3 days ban right? Or wait, context matters...?

I could see if I said "Hey, omni is at this creep camp right now with low hp, go kill him" but that's not what happened here. I was merely stating that omni seemed to be throwing the game with his play. Everyone else on my team noticed it too, but I was making the opponents aware for when we wanted to kick him. Did he die once because of this? No. Did we lose the game because of this? No.

Also, consider the fact that you're talking about me "ghosting" one of the most know game throwers in ENT dota?

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:34 pm

1) You were absolutely ghosting. Not even debatable.
2) LetsTryItOut was not being reported so it's not the responsibility of a moderator to ban people who aren't being reported by someone unless it's a severe offense.
3) You can notify the other team about what Omni is doing that is breaking the rules instead of revealing info that puts him at risk such as, "Omni is refusing to help or cooperate." Most of what you said to the other team isn't rule-breaking at all.

Not getting boots is not against the rules. Saving for radiance is not against the rules. Substituting a low-cost item for another low-cost item is not against the rules.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Drink
Armored Tree

Postby Drink » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:42 pm

Why is this wannabe mod posting on something that doesn’t involve him or solicit his feedback? Please remove his post from my thread.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:17 pm

He makes a valid point based on what happened in the game. He is not just stating his opinion blindly, which is why he allowed to post what he posted. You may consider it a 2nd review from a previous dota mod.

You're still entitled to a 2nd "official" review by another staff member, but as long as users stay on point while providing useful information to a topic, they are welcome to do so.

To clarify the duration :
I went for the full 3 days for ghosting he is farming woods. I personally don't think there was room here for leniency.
Then i combined the boots part with the other 3 quotes to a 2 days instead of the max. I considered the "boots" part as the important part, and the other 3 as easy to ignore.

If i was to consider all 4 of those instances as full ghosting, it would have been the max penalty, which for ghosting is 10 days. I went half way.

The above phrase was not reported. I didn't even notice it until you brought it up. It would be pretty equal to your 3 :

(15:11 / All) PointZero: omni rushing radiance without boots
(16:19 / All) PointZero: he sold soul ring
(20:05 / All) PointZero: he got boots and rebought the soul ring

To elabore, that's giving info that could have easily been noticed by the enemies, doesn't put any of your teammates at risk, doesn't expose any strategy and doesn't really affect how the enemy team will behave. Therefore, barely worthy of a warning.

And again, my main point is the woods part, and the absence of boots, making omni a potential target for an easy gank.

Drink
Armored Tree

Postby Drink » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:29 pm

So let me get this straight-

You're banning me for saying "omni just in jungle" about a guy that hadn't left the jungle, ignored a tower push at top, and is a known game ruiner? On top of that, there weren't any enemies around him when I said it. Again, the intention was to make everyone aware of his game throwing technique.

But you're going to ban me and allow him to continue to throw games on the regular? I literally just got banned for less of a "subtle" throw than this retard and you're banning me for calling out his play in all chat?

Seriously, this community has gotten retarded and lacks any consistency. It's a complete joke.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:38 pm

Look, i realise your intentions may not have been malicious, but i have to look at it as it is, which is you provided information to the enemy team while your team could not see that. You made your teammate's vulnerability known to the enemies, and that's bannable.

All players are welcome here. We can't all be experts, we'll make mistakes, suboptimal plays or straight up fail. As Astros explained above, farming woods so early in the game is not bannable. Rashing radi is not bannable. Selling soul ring so you can finish that radi which will allow you to farm significally faster is not bannable.

I did note one of the instances he wasn't with the team, but he ultied for you and came a bit later. I won't ban for 1 instance when there were several others he participated, healed, ultied, repelled. Therefore, no rule broken in this game = no ban. I have to be objective and keep my review on the game that was reported.

We're getting off topic tho, so let's go back. This appeal is for you, not for how omni played. And i will repeat i can understand your intentions might have been honest. It's still bannable tho, so i have to ban it.

As for the concistency, this rule has been in place before i was even here, and it has been treated exactly like this in the time i've been here. If nothing else, i am being very consistent.

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:42 pm

FalenGa wrote:Look, i realise your intentions may not have been malicious, but i have to look at it as it is, which is you provided information to the enemy team while your team could not see that. You made your teammate's vulnerability known to the enemies, and that's bannable.

All players are welcome here. We can't all be experts, we'll make mistakes, suboptimal plays or straight up fail. As Astros explained above, farming woods so early in the game is not bannable. Rashing radi is not bannable. Selling soul ring so you can finish that radi which will allow you to farm significally faster is not bannable.

I did note one of the instances he wasn't with the team, but he ultied for you and came a bit later. I won't ban for 1 instance when there were several others he participated, healed, ultied, repelled. Therefore, no rule broken in this game = no ban. I have to be objective and keep my review on the game that was reported.

We're getting off topic tho, so let's go back. This appeal is for you, not for how omni played. And i will repeat i can understand your intentions might have been honest. It's still bannable tho, so i have to ban it.

As for the concistency, this rule has been in place before i was even here, and it has been treated exactly like this in the time i've been here. If nothing else, i am being very consistent.

Save yourself some time and just read the OP's comment history. He has no respect for the moderators and their work and constantly attacks them. His ban requests are always denied due to him falsifying them and not providing any info. If you are looking for a reasonable and amicable response from him, I don't believe you will be getting one.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Drink
Armored Tree

Postby Drink » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:44 pm

There are bans right now for people that actually purposely ruined games that got 3 days and I get 5 for non-maliciously saying 1 thing in a game that didn't change the outcome or cause any issues whatsoever?

You're acting like I gave an exact location and got the guy killed or something. Can't even issue a warning for it?

Maybe it's time to adjust the "guidelines"? Or maybe take actual DotA context into account?

I get, the mods don't like me. I fully expect this to go nowhere. But I'm not going to go down without a fight.

@Astros , stay on topic, banter boi. Literally no one asked for your opinion.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:03 pm

Why does it have to be a fight tho? Why is it hard to accept that with the current rules, passing this kind of information to the enemies is bannable?

You are partially right, to be honest. I could have taken into consideration the outcome of your ghosting, which was that it was ignored, and gone for something like 3 days total on the duration. That doesn't change the fact tho, and the fact is, you couldn't have known how that information would affect the game beforehand.

I can't change or adjust rules and guidelines like this. If you have a suggestion on how to improve the ghosting rule, or any other rule for that matter, feel free to post it in our suggestions section.

I don't dislike you, i don't like you, i barely know you. I treat you as i treat every other user. Putting up a fight and refusing to acknowledge what i am trying to say is just not leaving me with many options.

Return to “Processed Appeals”