Jazzy3113

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

Astros
Protector of Nature

Jazzy3113

Postby Astros » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:42 pm

@Jazzy3113

I banned you for two weeks because you've left or AFK'd in at least 5-6 games just in November alone.

It wasn't just that one game or else I wouldn't have banned you for as long as I did.

Is there a reason you just decide to leave and/or AFK every game? If it's for work purposes, I completely understand and I am lenient if you have to leave or step away because of it but it can't be happening as commonly as it does because it is unfair for other players in the game. It's your responsibility to know if you have enough time to play a game without being called up for work purposes.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Jazzy3113
Treant

Re: Jazzy3113

Postby Jazzy3113 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:23 pm

I really am trying man. I took your advice and that other guys. I stopped playing NA all the time, I sometimes go support. I still flame but stopped quitting. I know a month ago you said to just leave and take the auto ban and that is what I should have done.

I do get tempted and play when working from home I admit, but it wasn't work this time.

But that game was actually late at night for east coast time. The real reason is so silly, but the truth was as the game started my wife walked in and was laying into me because i forgot to pick up something important for her. And I was trying to play while also fighting with her. That is the honest truth. I figured if I could ride out her yelling for like 20 mins she'd move on to something else and I could try to salvage the game or at least join the next one.

So I have zero excuse for afking like a hypocrite, my only appeal is that 2 weeks is kind of long and its been over a week.

I'm at the mercy of the court. I even had run my elo up to 1k, before that jerk ifuck played against me 10 times in a row and sent me into a tailspin. I really try, in fact my kdr is near 1.0x. I ask anyone here to please be honest, how many of the other fellow 750 elo players like me have a kdr that close to 1?

@astros

Astros
Protector of Nature

Postby Astros » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:31 pm

So what's going to stop you from doing the same thing moving forward? I can't just unban you without any changes on your end to not afk, leave games nonchalantly, and then refuse to play + pretend you weren't afking. The longer ban duration is for you to realize that the more you keep doing it, the longer the bans will be and hopefully that is enough of a deterrence to stop doing it but if you're going to continue doing it, there's really no case to be made for why you should be unbanned.

Jazzy3113
Treant

Postby Jazzy3113 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:20 am

Ok. I just ask that you try your best to apply bans fairly.

A recent example was that super long thread where I took the time to show WolfofWest ruining 5 games in a row, and you guys said he didnt ruin he just sucked for 5 straight games, but was then banned for some other infraction.

It's just so disheartening to take the time to post ban requests and people only get like 1 or 2 days and i get 2 weeks.

Look my record, I play way more than people so of course crap happens man. I played 20 games straight, one game I might afk. I wish there was some stat to show games ruined vs games played.

Again, this instance was life popped up. My only appeal is that two weeks is a long time, when most people around here ruin and only get a 1 or 2 day ban. I just feel like the time limit was heavy handed.

I used to post ban requests for Draco, who we can all agree would go tiny dagon and then afk after his very first death. I just dont think my one game ruin after playing like 50 games in a week deserves a 2 week ban.

You've all played with me alot, besides flaming ofc, I dont really do much but try. Its not like I afk ruin 24/7.

Snells
Aura Tree

Postby Snells » Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:29 am

Maybe it was luck that got you in this predicament.

Astros
Protector of Nature

Postby Astros » Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:32 am

You have one of the lengthiest ban histories on ENT, bro. When you leave/afk 6 games in a span of a couple of weeks, there's nothing I can do for you. Once or twice, I have no issue unbanning. And you even lie about it, too. Why lie about something that you know you can easily get banned for?

It's not a two week ban because of one game. It's a two week ban because you are repeatedly afking, get votekicked by your teammates, and it happens far too frequently. Dude, just ask yourself how come you always find yourself here getting banned when other players have never been banned but also play often. At some point, it's a YOU problem.
Attachments
jazzy.png
jazzy.png (200.66 KiB) Viewed 42558 times

Jazzy3113
Treant

Postby Jazzy3113 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:56 am

@astros

we both know why I have a lengthy ban history. It is because i consistently cannot help talking back to people. If i kept my mouth shut, people would just ff and move on to the next game.

Hell, even sometimes i just want to play the next game and not waste time posting a ban when someone ruins. But if that ruiner talked shit to me previously than ofc I would take the time to post.

In your screenshot, it looks like alot of bans right? But I play a ton of games.

you know who the two people who that ban thread were? Richard coffee and yourmomsucks, both two jerks I yell at all game when they are on my team. No one else in the game commented, but because I go out of my to antagonize those two they posted.

I agree that it is a ME problem. I just think my transgression is because I cannot control what i perceive as intentional crappy play.

If i was quiet and sucked like GodSavetheQQs or zikavirus or kobz, people wouldnt take the time to post me occasional afk. And remember its always an afk transgression, never a feed or item destruction or something, its literally cause real life. But I cannot be quiet. I even try ignoring everyone but its gets tedious typing everyone's name every new game.

So while you think it is a ME problem of constant afk, I believe the real ME problem is that I am good at getting under people's skin i believe ruin on purpose or seem to care less when i am on their team.

If you unban me, I will create a new name and try my best to stay hidden. And if I am somehow figured out (I will not pick NA i guess as that is a dead give away) and you or others guess its my new name, I will take a permanent ban from ent.

Is that a fair deal?

@astros

Astros
Protector of Nature

Postby Astros » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:43 am

No, it is not a deal because you are being banned here for afking/leaving so unless you can explain to me how you will stop doing so as frequently as you have been, there is really nothing to discuss here. If I unban you, you're just going to end up leaving again and then wanting to be unbanned again.

As for your other bans, if you're telling people to commit suicide and kill themselves, please don't act like you are the victim. You'd be fired saying that in any work environment and you probably have never done it in front of anyone so you're obviously aware that it's something you shouldn't be saying.

Jazzy3113
Treant

Postby Jazzy3113 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:55 pm

@astros

My point is that everyone afks at some point, the games are like an hour. This isn't a rare occurrence that only I do.

And when you play as much volume as me, it looks like alot. Your screenshot is March to November dude. That is NINE MONTHS of play. Right now my account has 541 games played. However, I had reset my stats in late summer! Meaning since March I have played way more than 541 games, but for ease of math lets conservatively assume I played 1k games.

So I played 1k games since March. 23 bans for "afk". Dude, that is 2.3% afk rate. Even if you use my current games of 541, that is 4.3% afk rate.

Don't you feel like that is a low afk rate? And remember, people post every time I fuck up. Every single time. Meaning there are not hidden afk games for me that are not counted.

My bans for abusive language really seemed to be the ones that bother you. Dude, it is the internet and gaming. Our demographic are males, of course there is nasty talk. Unless I am advocating mass genocide or something, how can you hold language against me. You well know the vitriol I receive in every game. Telling me I suck or I am the worst or horrible things about my family. I never report that crap, its the internet. Obviously, I would not act insane at work or real life. None of us would. Why do you think people love the anonymity of the internet. In fact, I have never appealed the vulgar language bans.

I am simply appealing this ban and presenting my rationale. 2 weeks is excessive when compared to the length of other bans people get. My ban history looks extensive at first. But I play under the same name and I play alot of games. So when you take my auto bans for afk and divide by total number of games played, it is less than 5%. Which I feel encompasses general life interruptions.

I do not want to tell you that I will never afk ever again to get a quicker unban, because then if I afk it could result in a perma ban for lying. I will tell you that I try to play late at night now, when family is asleep and chance of work is low. My evidence is that low percentage rate I reference. That is how I manage the afk issue, by not playing during peak work hours anymore.

I just take umbrage that you're trying to say I am a constant afk ruiner, when I only afk 5% of the time. And if you look at your screenshot, lots of them are those auto bans, which also encompass disconnects/drops that are out of my control and sometimes when I leave early because the game looks over and my team has won or lost and I am trying to get into the next game that is almost full, but the remaining players dont end within a few mins. Meaning even from that low 5% level, not all are just me leaving out of life obligations, sometimes they are not even done in malice.

I mean you tell me, you clearly have access to ban histories. Is 5% considered low? To me it seems low, especially for someone who plays so much.

Astros
Protector of Nature

Postby Astros » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:48 pm

good luck bro.

Jazzy3113
Treant

Postby Jazzy3113 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:54 pm

Does that mean my 5% afk ban rate is super high?

I don't know what else to say man, it doesn't seem high and i try not to play at peak work times.

23 bans / 541 games played = 4.3%

I don't feel I afk any more than the average player, so thats why i felt 2 weeks was alot and I even waited over a week to ask.

Anyways, thanks for considering the appeal.

@astros

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:04 pm

Jazzy3113 wrote:Does that mean my 5% afk ban rate is super high?

I don't know what else to say man, it doesn't seem high and i try not to play at peak work times.

23 bans / 541 games played = 4.3%

I don't feel I afk any more than the average player, so thats why i felt 2 weeks was alot and I even waited over a week to ask.

Anyways, thanks for considering the appeal.

@astros

you don't get the point bro... just say that you'll be staying in game and play like a normal player going forward and you'll get unbanned.

Looking for more excuses or masking facts or acting as a victim won't help you.

dumpster_
Aura Tree

Postby dumpster_ » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:06 am

Yes, 5% afk rate is high.
It doesn't seem high to you because you think you're special.
Let's see what would happen if everyone afk'd in 5% of their games.
Then the chance of no one afk'ing in any given game would be 95%^10, which is around 60%.
If everyone was like you, there'd be a leaver or afker in almost half of all games, which isn't the case at all.
You aren't the only one with a family or a job bud.
You aren't singled out because you are "good at getting under people's skin".
You are just an insufferable cunt that keeps whining and spewing stupid bullshit non-stop.

Jazzy3113
Treant

Postby Jazzy3113 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:11 am

@kunkka I am worried that if I lie and have to afk in the future, my next ban will be a month. My whole response to @astros was that I did not afk to be a jerk or as revenge. I had a life reason pop up. Of course I try to play normal. I wish even one person would believe that aside from complaining about my team, I do nothing else to "ruin". I mean my last like 50 games are online right? Just click on a few, i really dont ruin.

You must have played with me before, am I not a normal player? I cry, but its not like I ruin. And in games no one on my team is being a jerk, I dont even say much.

@dumpster you think less than 5% is high? Have you played on ent recently? Have you seen everyone's stats? I guess you are lucky then because more than 5% of games have a leaver by min 30.

Astros
Protector of Nature

Postby Astros » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:39 am

Your ban is only for 36 more hours so I'll just unban you.

It's not about your ban rate as much as it is you knowing what not to do, continuing to do them, then expecting to be unbanned for it. Playing online games doesn't give you the right to tell someone to commit suicide. You're entitled to tell someone that of your own accord but by ENT rules, it's not allowed. So perhaps find somewhere else where you can tell someone to kill themselves and not be banned for it.

The rules are in place for a reason. If everyone was allowed to leave because their ban rate is only 5%, then the % of games where people are leaving is going to be much higher than 5%. So the only solution is to use bans as a deterrent for people not to leave so it doesn't happen to begin with.

IDK how you can claim you don't ruin. You afk'ed, knew you were afk, lied about it, then claimed your teammates were lying, and ultimately still decided to lie on the forums as well.

People are being a 'jerk' to you because you are one or more of the following:
A) Easily triggered
B) Easily manipulated
C) Cause others to find joy in making you upset
D) Cause others to try and get a reaction from you

I'd work on those things, maybe create a new username so people don't know who you are, and stop afking/leaving. If you can't play here without afking/leaving often, then it's not my responsibility if you get banned.

Return to “Processed Appeals”