Dota players, watch this game and then tell me Mogu deserves to be unbanned

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

Astros
Protector of Nature

Re: Dota players, watch this game and then tell me Mogu deserves to be unbanned

Postby Astros » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:10 am

wc3always wrote:
Astros wrote:
wc3always wrote:Meepo is a very difficult hero if you're new to it. Other heros he probably would have used travel boots, as he knew how to use it with Rasta for instance, with Meepo you only travel 1 meepo, the rest meepos doesn't go tother with the travel boots. My guess his response "I'm learning" could refer to that.

To be honest, this game your whole team played like shit, besides you Astros. Husk 3/21, ember 2/17, SD 4/14, so meepo's 1/15 didn't really standout. Banning him alone without banning others who played just as bad don't seem to provide enough justification, and played terribly with meepo also is not a reason for banning indefinitely IMO. By now, every player at Ent has played enough games with Mogu knowing he is not purposely ruining the game.

1) So why pick meepo when he had two other easier options? he replied saying his tc/rubick is worse than his meepo. But if he's not using poof with meepo, that means he's never played meepo before.
2) All meepos can use travel boots. they have their own CD time.
3) what does Husk+Ember doing bad have anything to do with his own gameplay?

No one is getting banned for being new or feeding. I asked Mogul why he didn't teleport to help. He responds by saying he is learning. I don't think you need someone to tell you what boots of travel does. If he's at the point where he has no clue how to use boots of travel on any hero to help push rax, then it just tells me he will never improve.

Also, I never planned to ban him. I was in the next lobby with him and asked again, why he didn't teleport. He comes up with a bunch of excuses saying huskar and ember also played bad. Again, what does huskar/ember playing bad have anything to do with him not teleporting? I'm not about to give someone 100's of chances and when asked why he won't help push rax, he just deflects and blames someone else.

shadow demon played fine.
huskar+ember played bad but they were in team fights. Mogul wasn't in these fights. All he did was die solo for most of the game.

Hey Mogu, strong language can be off-putting in online discussions. Let's focus on presenting the facts calmly to get the best outcome.

As for the ban, picking a specific hero or underperforming shouldn't be the reason. Bans are meant for those who disrupt the game intentionally through feeding, griefing, or other negative behavior. In this case, assuming good faith, a ban wouldn't be justified IMHO.

1) it's not actually a year. I'll adjust it to a more appropriate ban. I put a year because if I had only put say, a few days, most people tend to just wait out those few days and never go to the forum to actually see why they're banned.

2) So, someone who is at bot river while the rest of us are pushing mid rax and he was pinged many times + told to come help but doesn't teleport despite having 5 characters who can use boots of travel isn't game-ruining? Forget the fact that he's 1-15 and chose a hero he clearly can't play. What reasoning is there for him not to teleport and help? If you're implying that he's learning, sure, no one is getting banned for learning. but what ultimately irks me is when he knew he screwed up the entire game and then joins the lobby and has zero remorse about it and starts blaming everyone else for his bad gameplay. the entire game, he's blaming husk. What does husk playing bad have anything to do with him not using poof the entire game? Or how he doesn't teleport to help? It just shows me he isn't willing to take responsibility when he RUINS a game so if we're going by that standard, why should I be nice to him? Dude is winning, despite his poor gameplay, and you ask him to do one thing and he's not willing to do it.

I'm adjusting the ban to 2 weeks, which is more than fair. Halo or Unitil can unban if they want. I'm tired of dealing with this dude. just read the comments coming from him on this thread. Does this seem like a person who can be reasoned with?
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

EdteOfChaos2
Forest Walker

Postby EdteOfChaos2 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:30 am

True. I'll give SD credit for warding, and at least trying with gem.

But he could have gone Ghost Staff and Guinsoo and ruined Void's game. Void never even made BKB, because he didn't have to. Sky isn't really a concern for Ghost Staff because Sky can't blink to the back of the team and has no natural mobility to get there (where SD should be).

The funniest thing with Meepo is that you don't even need to know how to last-hit, because level 7 Meepo's poof with two meepos clears the whole creepwave, and will clear it until you get your 3rd if your farm is decent. Couldn't even do that. It's just sad man.

I think Mogu needs to try playing Bara. The hero plays itself, basically turns dota into an idle game, so surely not even he can mess it up.

Astros
Protector of Nature

Postby Astros » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:35 am

EdteOfChaos2 wrote:True. I'll give SD credit for warding, and at least trying with gem.

But he could have gone Ghost Staff and Guinsoo and ruined Void's game. Void never even made BKB, because he didn't have to. Sky isn't really a concern for Ghost Staff because Sky can't blink to the back of the team and has no natural mobility to get there (where SD should be).

The funniest thing with Meepo is that you don't even need to know how to last-hit, because level 7 Meepo's poof with two meepos clears the whole creepwave, and will clear it until you get your 3rd if your farm is decent. Couldn't even do that. It's just sad man.

I think Mogu needs to try playing Bara. The hero plays itself, basically turns dota into an idle game, so surely not even he can mess it up.

i've been trying to get him to play low IQ heroes that have a low barrier to entry. earthshaker, omni, lion, whatever it is, it'll help him understand team dynamics and how to properly play a role. he keeps trying to play carry heroes where the potential to fail is much higher. at least if he's picking someone who could stun or heal, he could be braindead and still have some sort of impact. I've seen players play rhasta for their first time and play it much better than him despite him having hundreds of games with rhasta. That's just incompetence and refusing to learn.

i even said if he picks these low IQ heroes, I would never ban him for it if he does bad. He doesn't care. back to void, sk, sniper where he will have zero farm and zero items because he doesn't know how to farm. or back to rhasta where he will panic ulti and waste it half the time.

zionreturning
Aura Tree

Postby zionreturning » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:37 am

Postby EdteOfChaos2 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:34 am

I don't recommend playing non-midlane meepo. You want to know why? Husk spends the first 2 minutes of the lane afk, and then he comes back just in time to walk into the enemies and die. Now meepo is against mirana & void who are more fed than him, and Meepo has no ability to do any kind of decent laning that early. There was nothing meepo could have done on the lane phase at this point besides sit back and level.

Meepo delays Divided we stand until level 4. This is a stupid stupid stupid dumb decision, what is wrong with you? You prefer shitty level 1 Geostrike over doubling everything? I can't believe how dumb this is. Also meepo isn't even making an attempt to last hit anything, and doesn't for the entire remainder of the game. Also I never saw him use poof to clear waves.

Now at 6 minutes, you're level 5 meepo and things are a bit different. Meepo is no longer a weak hero, but rather a hero who can ensnare for a long time, deal huge burst with poof, and nearly one-shot an entire creep wave. But meepo still plays behind the entire creep wave instead of advancing. The enemies don't take him seriously at all, and even rush huskar lmao. It takes some nerve to go in against a lvl 5 meepo as a melee. But turns out, they were right to do so because he misses all his skills and husk gets killed. Happens again soon after too. My man, you NEED to go for Void when he time-warps in. A void who has burned Time Warp and has no ulti is insanely vulnerable. He has literally no non-passive skills, just walk over and kill him FFS. Stop going after Mirana who has Leap ready. Do you think she's just going to sit there and die? No she's just going to leap away. Yes mort killed her after, but that was mort ganking, not anything you did.

Meepo keeps sitting at the tower doing nothing, which really pisses me off. You have 2 heroes you can be doing things with, and instead you choose to do nothing. Just send one of them into the jungle and stack creeps or something.

At 11 minutes, he does something that I hate, and have called out some others for. He sits there flaming his team instead of playing the game. Because he is typing, he doesn't realize that he's getting ganked and dies. Why do people do this? Seriously just shut up and play.

14 minutes and he pushed a tower. Honestly I am surprised. He let the tower hit one meepo to 50% hp so I thought he would get ganked, but it didn't happen.

He afks from 15 to 16 min. Walking around the towers and doing nothing again.

His poofs are horrible. There is nearly a 5 second delay between boot of travel TP and poof landing. You know you can pre-cast poof right? This may be brain delay here.

So at this point in the game, Sentinel is walking around killing everyone on Scourge, while Scourge attempts to avoid fights and get whatever little farm they can. This is usually referred to as "losing". When you are losing a dota game, you should really try to make whatever play you can to do your job. In this case, you need to be farming because Meepo is a hero who can farm faster than anyone else. Your neutral kill count is 0.

Instead of trying to farm, Meepo sits behind towers and pretends like he's going to join a teamfight. You're a lvl 9 meepo with one item (boots) vs a team of lvl 11s with burst damage and cc. Who are you trying to fool? If I was in this position, I would be trying to get some kind of split push going, or grinding the jungle hard to afford skaddi. Also 19 mins, he has 3k gold and isn't buying an ultimate orb. First neutral killed at 20 mins. Hooray. At 22 mins, he "participates" in a teamfight by walking up to the enemies and dying, instead of teleing top and taking a t2 tower. You could have got back in time to help with mid rax defense maybe. Or maybe not idk, the game is totally lost by this point anyways. 23 mins, you could have farmed top or bot, but instead you walk into dark pulse and die.

This is why noobs shouldn't play a carry. Knowing when to farm and when you teamfight is a game knowledge check, and a pretty complex one. You make the wrong decision at every turn here.

Anyways there isn't much of a point to watching the rest. I've seen it all before. The carry death spiral where you're too weak to kill anyone on the enemy team, and too shitty to know how to recover, so you just teamfight and die over and over.

He sometimes didn't use boots of travel. I think he forgot that the clones can use it.

Overall does he deserve to be banned for this? Idk. If so, s1lver5un also deserves a ban. And many more. His afking really makes me mad, even more so than not using boots of travel at some points, and walking into skills and dying. Since it shows he's not even really putting in an effort.

But despite whether or not he deserves to be banned, he NEEDS to go back to the basics. Practice how to last hit. Learn what the heroes do. Figure out what he should be doing at each point in the game. Because the skill level shown in this game is literally fresh install level.
Last edited by EdteOfChaos2 on Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks bro...all accept in every single detail. i am just need to learn for the meepo skill, but be honest, i won't even try to practice this hero sooner. btw, i used clones to back to base in and out, but i couldnt make them group and tped at same time. i still move clone one by one by the end of game. so that why astros keeping asking me to tp mid and i couldn't done at all. I panicked i would dead immediately by the time i moved them all landing. this fucking astros always give pressure for his own teammates, and not listen me that i am learning at all. fuck terrible teammate to team up with always not his skill but attitude.

EdteOfChaos2
Forest Walker

Postby EdteOfChaos2 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:40 am

To put clones into a group, select the primary meepo. Hold shift and select all the meepo clones. Shift makes your clicks add to selection you already have. Then press Control + 1. Hot-keys all meepos to the 1 key. Anytime you want to select all, you press 1.

To poof, you press 1 to select your meepo group, then F + Click, then hit Tab key to move onto next meepo, F + Click etc.

When getting a new meepo, you select the new clone, hold Shift, and press the 1 key to add the meepo into your control group.

Astros
Protector of Nature

Postby Astros » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:41 am

"I play tc and rubick way worse than meepo."

also mogul: "I don't know how to poof on multiple clones."

when you say stupid shit like this and then wonder why you can't be reasoned with, it's quite obvious you are low IQ. Just look at how you quote messages. Bro, the only way we know it's you when you quote messages is we look for the most retarded sentence with the shittiest english ever written. can't be reasoned with. i've tried. closing this thread. banned two weeks. if you want to be unbanned, go message halo and tell him to review the game. Don't bother unitil with your nonsense. he has better things to do than read gibberish.

dude still can't read between the lines and can't see the amount of times I'm trying to get him to admit he played like shit so I could just unban him. instead, deflect, rant about how mean astros is, and why he isn't low iq.

Return to “Processed Appeals”