I do not want this rule
50%

Total votes: 42

dweiler
Plague Treant

Poll about selling-rule

Postby dweiler » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:20 am

I learned there is a new rule on the 1200+ bot that reads as follows:

Selling value at any point in the game in order to stall time and gain advantage on a racing level is forbidden.

This rule is there for the abuse of clogging/suiciding, but I think this is an extremely poor rule (if only because no one can look into the future and know whether it will be a race or not) and it won't be in the tournament. So I am thinking of scrapping it completely or replace it with a rule that better catches the 'spirit' of this rule, namely:

"You cannot sell units for the purpose of suiciding and/or clogging."

I will follow the majority on this one.

PS the rule will either be about both suiciding and clogging or none, because it will leave too much room for discussion if selling for suicide is only okay if there is a possible holder, et cetera.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

n1ll3
Treant

Re: Poll about selling-rule

Postby n1ll3 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:41 am

I agree to you in that point mick.

And i have another question.

We have 2 different rules in 1200+ and in lihl.

1200+:Do not intentionally split to stall time, except to send double-demon.
Lihl:Do not intentionally split towers to delay leaking on a level you have sent.

So as you said we follow the 1200+ rules and im not allowed to split to leak for 15 in this case. Is this right?

dweiler
Plague Treant

Re: Poll about selling-rule

Postby dweiler » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:44 pm

n1ll3 wrote:I agree to you in that point mick.

And i have another question.

We have 2 different rules in 1200+ and in lihl.

1200+:Do not intentionally split to stall time, except to send double-demon.
Lihl:Do not intentionally split towers to delay leaking on a level you have sent.

So as you said we follow the 1200+ rules and im not allowed to split to leak for 15 in this case. Is this right?

Yeah, only split on the round you want to send double-demon, no other round. Reason for this is not because I think it's wrong to split, but because nearly 100% of the people here know the 1200+ rules, and just the LIHLers the LIHL-rules. So I don't want the others having to learn the LIHL-rules + being unable to practice with them.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Return to “November LTD Tournament”