Moderator: PrescottRX

PrescottRX
Aura Tree

Future Versions

Postby PrescottRX » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:09 pm

There are a couple of ideas being developed for the next version:
Anti-Backdooring
K/D tracking
Talking to theImmortalOne, he suggested that I look into/implement the system from 1.20. As for K/D tracking (as suggested by khspww94), I will reach out to the Ent administrators and see if there is a way to pass this information from the bot.

If there you have any ideas/changes you would like to see in Battleships Pro, please start a new topic and discuss them here. Thank you.

-PrescottRX

khspww94
Forest Walker

Re: Future Versions

Postby khspww94 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:19 am

What are you looking at anti-backdooring? Like the harbor or towers will have regeneration (just like how dota bd) if there is no empire ships pushing with them?
F®0sT

PrescottRX
Aura Tree

Postby PrescottRX » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:28 am

The plan is to make 4 regions (2 shown below to illustrate the idea
NLH - North Left Harbor SLH - South Left Harbor NRH - North Right Harbor SRH - South Right Harbor

Code: Select all

NLH      NRH   
|---------|---------|
|         |         |
| Region1 | Region2 |
|         |         |
|   SLH   |   SRH   |
|---------|---------|

Once a ship leaves the immediate area of the Harbor (Event - Unit enters a region [ie Region1]) set the Harbor (NLH) invulnerable
Periodic check for units owned by Player 2 (Blue) in the region, if count = 0 then set Harbor invulnerable
A unit dies - Count the number of units owned by Player 2 (Blue) in region.

Since the Harbors are invulnerable while the first row of towers are up, these tests are activated when the last tower in the first row is destroyed. My opinion is to leave the towers vulnerable, but that is open for discussion.

With these redundant tests it should prevent backdooring.

khspww94
Forest Walker

Postby khspww94 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:42 am

Hmmn, on this matter, I'm not sure if its actually okay.. Do consider this, since the towers and empires boats always attacks each other first rather than hitting the hero.. That would mean that the time for push is as much as the number of allies empire ships pushing with you.. Would that be a little unfair in situation where if the only shot to push after full length game of defending the harbor only last for few seconds as there is only few empire ships that pushes together with you..

I suggest that there is a time gap even after all allied empire ships destroyed, the hero will have 5 seconds time gap to continue to push.. Upon expiration of the 5 second, the tower or harbor will be invulnerable... I suppose its slightly better way to prevent backdoor...
F®0sT

PrescottRX
Aura Tree

Postby PrescottRX » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:17 am

I have explained this poorly.

Harbors are invulnerable while their own empire ships are alive in the lane. For this example, consider the North Left Harbor (NLH) spawns some ships, they enter Region 1, an imaginary box which extends down the lane and partially into the middle and the outsides.

Code: Select all

NLH     
|---------|
| Boats   |
| Region1 |
|         |
|   SLH   |
|---------|

Once the empire boats (units owned by Player 2) enter that area just outside of the immediate harbor location, the harbor becomes invulnerable. The only way empire ships can leave that immediate area is if there is no empire or player ships attacking the harbor. If it is under attack, the spawned ships will not make the harbor invulnerable.

Once there is no immediate threat to the harbor, the empire boats will enter the lane. Once this happens, a trigger will activate the event, a unit owned by Player 2 enters Region 1, set NLH invulnerable. In order to remove the invulnerability, the South Empire must first kill all the boats owned by the Northern Empire in the Left lane first. Once the ships die, there will be 2 checks to make sure the harbor becomes vulnerable again. The first one is A Unit Dies, wc3 will then check the region for any boats still alive, if there are none, then it will make the harbor invulnerable. If this does not trigger correctly, a periodic timer will check to see if there are units of type rowboat, battleship and/or cruiser alive in the lane, if none make harbor invulnerable.

Return to “Battleships Pro”