Suggestion Forum

Have any suggestions? Post them here!

Moderator: PrescottRX

PrescottRX
Aura Tree

Suggestion Forum

Postby PrescottRX » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:36 pm

Greetings,

In keeping with theImmortalOne's wishes, I will implement a number of the ideas he, Nargaque and Chevron8 had developed for Battleships Pro. These include new ships (Striker and Corvette), adjustments to the Interceptor, Goblin Junker, Sea Punisher and other ships. Also, there are new game modes such as Trader Only, Deathmatch, and even a Battleships Line War which will be tried and tested. Further, there will be changes to the internal economy of the game and gameplay aspects which will focus the game on it's best aspect; dueling the opposing Empire.

To start things off, I have focused my attention on what I view are the most glaring problems of the current version of Battleships Pro (v1.199):
  • The Crusader (1300 gold ship) dictates too much of the game's pacing and no other ship has as large an impact.
  • The weapons are very stale and very few are viable
  • Over half of the gold earned per game is just given to the player in the form of Second Gold, this minimizes the reward for hunting opposing players and destroying the enemy empire (victory condition).
Please view the Change Log on this forum for all the changes made for 1.199.1.01. All of these adjustments will be done in small increments to ensure nothing breaks our favorite ships game. These adjustments are made to keep the game fresh as well as encourage cooperative play.

I ask that you please share your thoughts here. No comment will be ignored. Thank you.

khspww94
Forest Walker

Re: Suggestion Forum

Postby khspww94 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:44 am

Lolz.. Did you just nerfed Crusader just because new players can't handle them? Have you ever considered from the side of the old players?
F®0sT

PrescottRX
Aura Tree

Postby PrescottRX » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:32 am

A 1300g ship should not:
  • a) have 4 abilities (no other ship has more than 2 except the Ghost Armada [8k] and Battle Royal [12k] which have 3) and
  • b) dictate the course of a game.
Furthermore, the only change was to remove sight, which the sader can buy for 400 like every other ship.

Thank you for your input.

-PrescottRX

khspww94
Forest Walker

Postby khspww94 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:40 am

The problem with the new map is not about removal of True Sight from Crusader but the fact that the inclusion of such item as below:

Crusader Stone - provides True Sight and +12 armor for 600 gold

It totally makes Crusader redundant where previously every player relies on the Bronze Hull and Gold Hull to avoid death by Capsize. In any event the new item of 600 gold outweighs the Gold Hull itself which is 2500 gold and provides 9 armor with 500 hp..

On top of that, Crusader doesn't dictates the game. The game if after all a team game, just because some newbies could not go hand in hand with some old players. That doesn't mean that nerfing the Crusader could solve that issue. In fact, I even extended my hand to teach newbies but they were too arrogant to even take my advice and other older player as well.

On the point of avoidance of stacking, there will always be players making new account everytime for any game. How is that going to curb the problem? Some players don't stick with the idea of having ELO. Also, to point to you that, having high ELO does not necesaarily means that person is good at it.
F®0sT

PrescottRX
Aura Tree

Postby PrescottRX » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:44 pm

Exploits of rigged aspects of 1.199 will be removed. Players that depend on rigged aspects of the game to secure a win, will have to learn new techniques.

The 12 armor provided by Crusader Stone:
  • a) is not better than Bronze Hull (which adds 250 HP and 20% damage reduction) or Gold Hull (which adds 500 HP and 30% damage reduction)
  • b) does not negate Capsize, which is to say that if you buy the Crusader Stone suddenly Capsize no longer works on the target ship no matter what its health. The Crusader Stone prevents a full health ship from being blown up in one hit. The target ship will have to be damaged before the Crusader skill will score a kill, just like Captain's Cannon, EMP, Tidal Wave, Freeze Water, Sail Ripper, Shooting Star, Ballista, Broadside, Torpedoes, and to some extent Board Ship/Ghost Board.
Prior to the Crusader Stone, to avoid Capsize, a player had to invest 2 slots and 1200 gold (400 gold for sight, 800 gold for Bronze Hull) just to have a chance to avoid Capsize. Across the entire team, that is a minimum of purchasing a 2.5k ship (or better) and/or 1-2 of these items, leaving less space and gold for weapons, wood/repair crew, teleport, and/or sail which results in less DPS from weapons, in turn makes it that much harder to farm/fight. With basic math, assuming the team sticks together the whole game so only 1 player has to purchase sight, that is 6/30 inventory slots (5 hulls 1 sight) which costs 4400 gold to counter a 1300 gold ship. In 1.199.1.01, even if every player purchases a Crusader Stone, that is still 5/30 inventory slots and 3000 gold the other team has to invest to respond to a 1300g ship. That is the definition of dictating game play.

I appreciate your input and frustration, but I assure you that these and future adjustments will improve gameplay. If you have any other issues, like the Victory Condition (which I am looking into and should have a solution for soon), please let me know by creating a new topic so we can work it. Thank you.

Return to “Suggestions”