4v4

Have any suggestions? Post them here!

Moderator: PrescottRX

Quetra
Protector of Nature

4v4

Postby Quetra » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:46 pm

I have been watching the Battleships Pro bot these past few months, and in that time there has been a decline in activity. Games used to fill at US times, but now they no longer do (at all, the bot will be in lobby for 7-10 hours until the next day.) Now the inactivity is creeping up on other timezones too; in order to get a game you have to be on earlier and earlier.

My point is, it's high time that the bot went to 4v4 games. It's been proposed before, and there was some support (and some opposition.) 5v5 may be the optimal number but any games are better than no games, and 4v4 is still very much playable. !votestart in practice is not used due to the amount of people afking in lobby (how could you blame them when the game takes 30 mins to an hour to start?).

This needs to be addressed soon, before the games stop filling at all and people stop trying to join. At that point, even a lower start number won't save the game.

drewisfat
Resource Storage

Re: 4v4

Postby drewisfat » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:51 am

He is right. I believe some games were played today, but for several days before that no games were played at all. Soon people will regard the ent bot like they do the Teop bot and not even check and the game will disappear for good.

This is now a dire concern, and there is limited time to reverse the trend. I'm not sure if this is because of the new map or not. I am excited about the idea of some changes, but I honestly haven't had much chance to even play and test them out due to the game not filling.

khspww94
Forest Walker

Re: 4v4

Postby khspww94 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:07 am

It has been previously asked before and the matters have already been decide. That however, perception might have change over time, it would be great to conduct a poll to decide on this matter once and for all. Below attached the previous suggestion:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=79500
F®0sT

Return to “Suggestions”