Unit Stats for 2.35D

Moderators: XGDeath3, Quetra

Civ_ONE
Resource Storage

Unit Stats for 2.35D

Postby Civ_ONE » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:50 am

Hey guys, I created this document to gather the unit statistics. It's helpful for comparing units and figuring out counters and compositions.
Attachments
Civ Wars.pdf
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 126 times

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Re: Unit Stats for 2.35D

Postby Quetra » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:29 pm

Could use DPS in addition but good spreadsheet.

XGDeath3
Armored Tree

Postby XGDeath3 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:28 pm

I mean if we want to get technical, it is also missing pony raider burn, horse evasion, commando mech dmg bonus and other small things that add up but are not immediately obvious. :P

It is a nice compilation though. Good job. :)
Eternal Noob of Civ Wars

Civ_ONE
Resource Storage

Postby Civ_ONE » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:58 am

Yeah I had the same thoughts. It could be better but you know the more questions you answer, the more questions pop out. What if this or that. ;)

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:48 pm

I mean if we want to get technical, it is also missing pony raider burn, horse evasion, commando mech dmg bonus and other small things that add up but are not immediately obvious. :P

Some of these were added to descriptions ingame, I should probably the ones I missed as well.

Civ_ONE
Resource Storage

Postby Civ_ONE » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:03 pm

Here's an update to the Unit Stats document.

Added names for searching.
Added DPS.
Added dreadnought.
Highlighted key unit abilities.
General cleanup.
Attachments
Civ Wars.pdf
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 90 times

Civ_ONE
Resource Storage

Postby Civ_ONE » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:06 pm

Here's another update.

Better organization.
Fixed a few errors.
Attachments
Civ Wars - Unit Stats.pdf
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 84 times

Civ_ONE
Resource Storage

Postby Civ_ONE » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:31 pm

Added tech costs and the tech cost investment needed for each unit.
Attachments
(1.7 MiB) Downloaded 97 times

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:03 pm

A page with information on Attack/Armour percentages would be a nice addition.

Civ_ONE
Resource Storage

Postby Civ_ONE » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:33 am

oh sure I can take some screenshots

Civ_ONE
Resource Storage

Postby Civ_ONE » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:08 am

Here's another update.

Added damage type vs armor type multiplier percentages.
Added wonders section.
Attachments
(2.33 MiB) Downloaded 83 times

Civ_ONE
Resource Storage

Postby Civ_ONE » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:17 am

Added a section on build formations.
Attachments
(2.6 MiB) Downloaded 100 times

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:04 pm

Those aren't the optimal build formations imo. Though good as a general guide to what you should do, not that any new player is going to be reading this thread. :P

For top lane: Firstly its pretty important to have at least 1 raider above the island. It can delay a hard push by a few precious seconds when their melee goes for the bottom raider and then the top raider last, saving damage on the tower.

Secondly if you build where the front row between the towers is in that towers, from my experience you are more likely to lose docks. I put one dock on the second row in your picture to pull units instantly, and build the others behind. I also space them out, putting some melee a few spaces apart behind (but not quite staggering). This is better imo as it pulls units further back so that it takes longer for the melee to get to the towers or other units.

On the top row, imo you shouldn't build them all on that top shelf in the picture, they should go further back. This is to make sure that the pents wait long enough that they don't get aggrod by the melee (which have been pulled further inside if you build back like I recommended) but instead go straight to hitting the longboats, killing the stack faster.

For bot lane: The melee formation is definetly wrong. Building in a line like that is popular for ranged (but maybe not optimal imo, as I'll mention in a second.) and it spaces them out okay, but melee needs at least 1 more space, preferably two, in order to avoid AoE. I also like to build one in front which I want to take the aggro (almost always sword, it'll tank for my knights which i want to protect from pikemen or my pikemen which I want to protect from dying long enough to kill their knight/mounted). I also like to build one a couple of spaces back as a mini stagger, which I upgrade to the melee unit I don't want to be targeted until last. (knight or pike.)

A nice trick also is building a camp as far bottom as possible in front of the rocks. This works similarly to above top island in that the unit will often get aggroed to the back line and hit their ranged. This is extremely useful for a pike to try and kill their mounted, and its also notable that it usually doesn't get targeted straight away. It's also very effective at drawing the fire of cannons, pretty reliably doing the same job as a stagger. You can also put ranged there to achieve a similar effect, but it generally only gets targeted by 1 or 2 of their ranged so is fairly safe there. The upside of this is even better spacing for your ranged as it almost always stands on its own.

For ranged, imo it is optimal to space them out so there is two positioned above the middle of the lane, two in the middle. Ranged inevitably will clump together after a while in combat, so you need to minimise this as much as possible. This formation is less likely to clump than the line formation in my opinion.

I'll post some screenshots of my own formations later.

Also, I dread whenever my bot builds 6 mounted archers like in your screenshot. You really don't need 6, even if you manage to get them all to Dragoons (which is unlikely when you have nothing to upgrade to Musket), you still need sharpshooters later as your opponent will be getting them himself, sharpshooters being the most effective counter to dragoons. It's not even better than having 4 mounted 2 longbow (or crossbow) or 3 mounted 3 longbow (or crossbow) in the early game in my opinion. You just open yourself up to mass pike that way.

Civ_ONE
Resource Storage

Postby Civ_ONE » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:28 pm

Good notes.

I can add your screen shots when you have them. I intended the formations section to be a quick start guide for new players, explaining with picture instead of a lot of text. The idea is to make it simple enough to execute but still very decent. There's a lot worse formations a new player might try. I think you know what I'm talking about. :)

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:58 pm

http://imgur.com/a/PneuK

Here you go. The Raider can be exchanged with a Galley depending on what mid adds. The Spear can go on the bottom camp as well depending on their formation. (And of course what melee is there is always variable.)

Return to “Changelog”