Wonder suggestion(s)

Moderators: XGDeath3, Quetra

XGDeath3
Armored Tree

Wonder suggestion(s)

Postby XGDeath3 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:47 pm

I'm a big fan of spawning wonders. I am also a big fan of lane control via waving the lane. I like to swing all lanes. The best way to do that is to stack units and then deactivate camps. Currently, spawn wonders are in a rough spot because they cost a TON, but they provide great effect. I propose a wonder that spawns units every minute instead of every 30 seconds. This way, the wonder could spawn multiple units to help stack a wave, or it could have a much cheaper price point. Increasing the amount of wonders could potentially open it up so that a side lane could even fit it into a normal build pattern. Off-cycle spawns might be difficult because of how the wonders are currently coded, but I think it would be just a simple variable implementation to make it work. I can mess around in a test version if there is interest.

I'm thinking of wonders that might be like... "Spawns 2 galleys every 60 seconds" Costs 900 gold. It is cost efficient, but the units quick lose their power, making it less desirable for a mid laner. However, a top might be interested if they get caught without food but desperately need more weight in their lane.

Besides a 60 second timer, there could be 15 second timer wonders as well. "Spawns a peasant militia every 15 seconds", Costs 600 gold. Not cost efficient, but the benefit could outweigh the cost by eating up a volley of attacks more often.

These are just rough ideas / costs. I am sure more unique ideas can be spawned, I just wanted to put these thoughts out there on ways to spice up the flow of the game.
Eternal Noob of Civ Wars

magicbox
Armored Tree

Re: Wonder suggestion(s)

Postby magicbox » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:23 am

No need to do this. We need stable version (like chess). You may create something like Fisher Random with camps and wounders which spawn units randomly, if u want more fun :)

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:30 pm

It is really hard to judge the impact of alternating spawns on the game. It would need a large amount of testing to get it right. Certainly, I don't want to do something so drastic in the initial first few versions. However, I will likely test out some variation of this at some point in the future. Feel free to do some test versions on the concept if you like, they can be incorporated into the main version later. (With full credit to you, of course.)

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:19 pm

If you create The Temple of Artemis and The Great Pyramide there would be all 7 classic wonders in our game.
Also hoping you keep trying to balance between the most common and never built current wonders.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:47 pm

If you create The Temple of Artemis and The Great Pyramide there would be all 7 classic wonders in our game.

There isn't really any space for new Ancient Wonders, which is already overcrowed.

Also hoping you keep trying to balance between the most common and never built current wonders.

I will try to achieve this by buffing the lesser built wonders.

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:39 pm

If space for Ancient Wonders is overcrowed, why did you create The Old Stables then?

Noctosphere
Forest Walker

Postby Noctosphere » Wed May 31, 2017 10:41 pm

maybe an ancient wonder which spawn 3 unit with spiked shield that deals damages to melee unit that attacks them?
wouldnt cause damage to 200 ranged unit like fusiller and cavalry

also, a suggestion for having a modern wonder builder separated from indusrtrial wonder builder :
all those option for increasing or giving build limit should be in a building all player would own. these building would be located between bot and mid lane, like the technology building is located between top and mid lane, same for modes.
that way, you would have space in capitol for a modern wonder builder, dont you think its a good idea?

Return to “Suggestions”