Unit suggestion(s)

Moderators: XGDeath3, Quetra

XGDeath3
Armored Tree

Unit suggestion(s)

Postby XGDeath3 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:17 pm

Change "General" to "Captain"
Introduce a new "General" which is an upgrade to Captain. I suggest a Helicopter unit (Thanks kciv). No change needed for aura, just give the helicopter a very long range attack that does little damage (idea being that he commands troops from the rear, not doing much damage himself, letting aura survive live longer)

Give Dromon a faster attack speed, lower damage. Perhaps if he attacks fast enough, he can snag more last hits and steal more enemy ships, allowing him to be useful.

Add medic unit in uni tech. Give Area of Effect heal, .5hp/s or less.
Change current medic to have a heal aura of 2 hp/s or more. Increase current spell heal.

Pike upgrade "halberdier". Increase attack range, increase mana burn vs horses.

Change dismounted Dragoon's armor type.

Increase command mech's bonus damage to heavy armor type, or possibly add a secondary spell attack that only affects heavy armor types (rocket/rpg)
These users thanked the author XGDeath3 for the post:
Quetra (Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:58 pm)
Eternal Noob of Civ Wars

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Re: Unit suggestion(s)

Postby Quetra » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:14 pm

Change "General" to "Captain"
Introduce a new "General" which is an upgrade to Captain. I suggest a Helicopter unit (Thanks kciv). No change needed for aura, just give the helicopter a very long range attack that does little damage (idea being that he commands troops from the rear, not doing much damage himself, letting aura survive live longer)

A good idea, since the leader tier ends quite soon atm. I will add this. Which tech should it require? Flight, radio, radar?

Give Dromon a faster attack speed, lower damage. Perhaps if he attacks fast enough, he can snag more last hits and steal more enemy ships, allowing him to be useful.

Hmm, that may be the case. I think faster attack speed with the same DPS is generally a buff, since you waste less damage when you kill a unit. Could try this.

Change current medic to have a heal aura of 2 hp/s or more. Increase current spell heal.

Medic is currently quite effective already when coupled with something like Heavy Armor, although mostly in mid where there is less targets to heal, so it heals the same big target.

Add medic unit in uni tech. Give Area of Effect heal, .5hp/s or less.

Do we need another healing unit so early? Biology is its own tech for a relatively minor unit and a wonder. If i were to add another healing unit, might as well make it require Biology.

Pike upgrade "halberdier". Increase attack range, increase mana burn vs horses.

At what tech point? I don't really see it fitting well into any tech point. I think rather than adding an upgrade I would rework pikes, giving them extra range like you suggested for the Halberdier. This would allow them to survive just behind your frontline to get to the mounted archers behind, while also retaining effectiveness vs knights. However while I know pikes are bad at countering mounted archers, which they really should do, but do mounted archers really need what is essentially a nerf for them? They are strong, but not overpowered, I think.

Change dismounted Dragoon's armor type.

To what?

Increase command mech's bonus damage to heavy armor type, or possibly add a secondary spell attack that only affects heavy armor types (rocket/rpg)

Hmm an interesting idea. Don't you think Commando's themselves are quite underpowered, though? Maybe they should be given a buff instead, which might make Commando Mech's more viable to get as a result.

supersexyy
Donator

Postby supersexyy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:40 pm

I think units should be added to fix parts of the gameplay which aren't good. New units just for the sake of it is pointless.

Eg Counter to grenadiers locking the lane. Eg a unit at Scientific which runs forward to target grenadiers
These users thanked the author supersexyy for the post:
Quetra (Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:50 pm)

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:56 pm

I think units should be added to fix parts of the gameplay which aren't good. New units just for the sake of it is pointless.

Well, new units don't necessarily have to target a part of the existing gameplay to 'fix' to be a good addition to the map. They can also just increase the diversity of choices for units you can make, provided the new unit is useful in certain situations. I think that improves the gameplay by itself. However, I agree that introducing new units that are intended to counter certain overused strategies is a good idea. I have some ideas for this which I will post about soon.

magicbox
Armored Tree

Postby magicbox » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:01 am

supersexyy wrote:I think units should be added to fix parts of the gameplay which aren't good. New units just for the sake of it is pointless.

Agreed. We have no op units - we have ppl, who dk how to conter savages, mounted, ballistas, goons, grens, fire ships and subs.

supersexyy wrote:Eg Counter to grenadiers locking the lane. Eg a unit at Scientific which runs forward to target grenadiers

Behavior? I think greedy algorithm won't work well.

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:17 pm

Units that should be buffed: all black ships, Fire Archers, XBow (I recreated it into Chinese Zhugenu once in one of my Alpha test versions), Catapult, Flamer, Commando + Commando Mech
Units that should be nerfed: Savage (too much splash or attack speed), Submarine (too much splash)

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:44 pm

Units that should be buffed: all black ships, Fire Archers, XBow (I recreated it into Chinese Zhugenu once in one of my Alpha test versions), Catapult, Flamer, Commando + Commando Mech

Buffing Fire Archer/Catapult is very risky, since they are already effective for rush.

all black ships

I'm relatively ok with these ships being less useful, as they are not part of the upgrade path directly. However, maybe I could make them more useful for stagger like bot? Either giving them more hp and less attack or making them spawn 2 weaker ships.

XBow

For the version after next I have a plan to reduce it's damage and increase its attack speed (for the same DPS). This way it will waste less damage on staggers/overkilling units.

Flamer

For the version after next I have a plan to introduce a 'Humvee' unit that upgrades into Mech Infantry, which is countered by Flamers and good against Mgs.

Commando + Commando Mech

May give the Commando the same treatment as the XBow.

XGDeath3
Armored Tree

Postby XGDeath3 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:43 pm

I just wanted to mention that the only black ship that is bad at the moment is the Dromon. The other ones are actually Quite powerful for their cost. The pirate ship has some nice armor, and great attack and life. The Privateer has often been used to counter dive bombers.

I'd be okay with lowering the damage, and increasing their attack rate, but then we might see them become way too powerful.

As it is, I would just buff the Dromon a bit.
Eternal Noob of Civ Wars

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:58 pm

But they only have a small special role without being part of standard builds. My old rework was something like this:
- give Dromon Shock dmg (against the Penteconter spam) and a stats boost,
- increase attack range for Pirates and upgrade armor type or hp,
- increase attack spped of Privateers.

Noctosphere
Forest Walker

Postby Noctosphere » Wed May 31, 2017 10:49 pm

Maybe a suggestion for bunker and Hardened Bunker
Bunker are really bad at killing tank, so are hardened bunker to kill heavy armor
So, I got an idea to maybe help countering them
Bunker :
Add an ability to launch a rocket, which deals 1500 dmg to a single unit (1 minute cooldown)
Requires Blast Furnace

Hardened Bunker :
Add an ability to launch a rocket, which deals 3000 dmg to a single unit (1 minute cooldown) (can store two charges)
That way, bunker can counter 1 spawn of tank, and hardened bunker can counter 2 heavy armor spawn (since there are 2 bunker on side lane)
You could also make a similar ability for maginot lane if you want

Return to “Suggestions”