No votes
What is it?
17%

Total votes: 6

magicbox
Armored Tree

Poll: IH style in pub

Postby magicbox » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:30 pm

Please, write down ur point of view here.

Kenderfail
Resource Storage

Re: Poll: IH style in pub

Postby Kenderfail » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:44 pm

I think this should be a team game and it's silly mid is the only one currently helping like that. The idea of separate lanes is silly. Removing build limit and ending any lanes or pub style is the better solution.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:45 pm

I get the feeling from the poll options that you don't like IH style in pubs. :P

I don't see an issue with a sidelane adding to another sidelane, when the other team can do the same if it wishes. What I am seeing in pubs a lot is bot going to top to add 2 docks at the start of the game. Doing this gives up bot control for a while and they can respond by adding 2 docks themselves, likely pushing it back at towers.

Besides, introducing a 'rule' against it is really arbitrary. If it were actually a problem I would edit the map to fix it, but I don't believe it is a problem.

magicbox
Armored Tree

Postby magicbox » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:01 am

Civiliznations wrote:If it were actually a problem I would edit the map to fix it, but I don't believe it is a problem.
Who are you, btw?

Most of new players don't know what to build and so slow. Most of lamers have their own plan and think that they do well.
IH style is not for all. This is my opinion.

XGDeath3
Armored Tree

Postby XGDeath3 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:28 am

Inhouse style has always been a thing. It is always true that team play is stronger than solo play. Outlawing a play because it is strong is pointless. Are we going to outlaw mid helping other lanes as well? Build limit exists for a reason - if you don't use it, you will likely be at a disadvantage. Unfortunately, most players do not understand this. If more players start doing this and teaching it as superior, then more players will catch on.
Eternal Noob of Civ Wars

magicbox
Armored Tree

Postby magicbox » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:46 am

XGDeath3 wrote: Inhouse style has always been a thing.
When we had 40-50 good players

XGDeath3 wrote: Are we going to outlaw mid helping other lanes as well?
I'm about side to side support, when you team don't ready and don't skilled enough

XGDeath3 wrote: Unfortunately, most players do not understand this.
That is why it's problem. To play with 1(2) noob versus staked team.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:21 am

Who are you, btw?

Aka CivSavage.

Most of new players don't know what to build and so slow. Most of lamers have their own plan and think that they do well.
IH style is not for all. This is my opinion.

New players not knowing what to build and being slow is a problem not unique to ih style gameplay. Everyone should make an effort to teach new players. Sometimes they don't listen, but sometimes they will.

magicbox
Armored Tree

Postby magicbox » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:54 pm

Civiliznations wrote:New players not knowing what to build and being slow is a problem not unique to ih style gameplay.
Don't pretend that u don't understand that these styles have different response time.

Dutch was top not only because he was stacker. I was top without it. And u, aka CivSavage?

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:06 pm

Don't pretend that u don't understand that these styles have different response time.

Dutch was top not only because he was stacker. I was top without it. And u, aka CivSavage?

You asked who I was so I gave my alternate account name. I remember someone making the name magicbox, but i don't recall what your first name was.

Of course it is harder to get a new player to respond in time to an IH strategy than other strategies. But I will not reduce the complexity of the game because of this. Making the game easy to learn for new players is important, that's why I did the description changes. But at the end of the day the game is more enjoyable with complexities, and that makes for a better game. The better the game is, the longer people will stick around for.

supersexyy
Donator

Postby supersexyy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:20 pm

I don't think making a rule against it is good, it will bring up many grey areas. At the same time, I hope IH never becomes the meta as the game already has a very steep learning curve for noobs.

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:01 am

My feeling is the game has become more extreme with the 2.35 map, more trolls and more IH games (especially with all the Koreans :) ), so less average like before, not the worst direction overall.

Return to “Suggestions”