top lane cheaters all the time !

Moderators: XGDeath3, Quetra

fluber
Resource Storage

top lane cheaters all the time !

Postby fluber » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:10 pm

Here is a deal, we got 3 players each team, everyone build on his own lane.
When one team is weakining from minute to minute cos they can hold mid/bot lane and top lane swings from side to side, the decision is:
- we gotta rush mid
Then top player starts to build on HIS lane, but units comes to the midlane, he can make 30x fire archer for mids without leaking his income! thats bullshiet not beacuse other side can defend it with same non-lost income strategy.
Its about OFFENSIVE top lane guy already made 10-12 camps + he has still income = he has 2 big advantage(time to make it/suprise).

You cant make that bannable beacuse 999999999% of players dont read forums etc.
I dont know if thats fixable, anyways every ground unit CAN'T move on open sea, so maybe it should work for every ground unit.

That strategy is usually used before metallurgy, beacuse after metallurgy its 80% weaker strategy, a bit useless.

Same thing about destroying great wall mid, if you as your top lane teammate he can add not 3, not 4, he can add 10-20 camps to break damn wall!
THATS CHEATING!

Thank you bois!

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Re: top lane cheaters all the time !

Postby Quetra » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:46 pm

Top lane only has 4 free spaces in the build limit free area. Mid rush is usually weaker than rushing bot since they have extra towers so most of the time people rush bot anyway. The enemy top can also build there themselves, so the offensive team has no advantage at all.. they would have the advantage of surprise wherever they rushed (unless other team is ready for it like they should be 99% of the time.)

It's not cheating since I'm aware the build limit free area exists and I'm fine with it the way it is. It makes it easier to break the Wall in mid which is already not a totally easy task + even if you build to break it you waste about the same amount of gold in deactivated camps as the person wastes on the Wall itself.

fluber
Resource Storage

Postby fluber » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:32 am

"Top lane only has 4 free spaces in the build limit free area."

2 days ago i made +10 mid when i was top lane without lossing any build limit building on other lane.
I made around 7 longbows + 3 melee vs fire archers push vs a player with nickname Currency, if u have same nick in game i saw u couple times playin Civ map so u know Currency isnt a bad or good player, hes freakin awesome.

If 2 people makes fire archers push at mid lane without lossing any build limit vs deactivated mid, thats rly big.
Its just a suggestion to make it a bit harder for offensive team, without loss of income thats rly big.
ps. i can make 20+ camps when im top lane, for mid without lossing any build limit.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:47 am

You can make them on the island near the rocks for free build limit in addition to the 4 on the edge of the ledge yeah. It take's longer to get to mid lane though.

Regardless, all in rushes against a good team basically never succeed (unless its an industrial+ rush like subs, heavy armor or divebomber which are top/bot rushes anyway). It's fine for me that top has a build limit free area to build on mid, especially since GW mid as a strat exists. And as I say it's not the build limit that really matters its the loss of gold you get from deactivating the camps. If your sidelanes commit too much to kill the wall and the other team ignores it and then just switches to marketing another lane (or even worse for you, Bazaars) you'll likely lose the game then and there because you don't have the gold to take back the sidelanes which you lost to perform the rush. Therefore the extra build limit is only really useful for all in rushes which rarely succeed anyway, since you don't wanna build too much to kill the Wall.

fluber
Resource Storage

Postby fluber » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:04 pm

We dont talk about top rush, every player know that top rush after very early game is the most powerful, but we dont talk about top push.
Imo the problem is mid rush without loss on income, thats only my opinion. I can make many camps, 2 many without leaking my income, every unit goes mid, thats not matter if units walk 2-5 seconds top, they went mid. Top lane should be blocked for ground units (limit should grow up +1 when u build warrior camp or any other ground unit camp), Theres no ground unit that can move across top lane.

Last edited by fluber on Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fluber
Resource Storage

Postby fluber » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:04 pm

https://m34i.imgup.net/BCd1e7.png

Why my image isnt work ?

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:48 pm

I know how it works, you don't need to send screenshots. It's an intended feature of the map, it's not a 'cheat'. And I already explained why I have no intention of changing it, sorry.

XGDeath3
Armored Tree

Postby XGDeath3 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:42 pm

I am actually not sure if it was an intended feature originally. Looking at the zones, I wonder if they moved it over a bit further if building a dock would cause build limit issues or not.

Regardless of the original intent, this "free" build limit has been around for multiple years now and has never really been an issue. As a defensive strategy, it is great. As an offensive one... It doesn't really do much unless you are 100% committed. The problem with the free build area is that you will lose top lane and then those camps become immediately exposed, while the defending team can make better units to defend with (If you go longbows + pony archers, defender goes pikes and ballistae.)

I guess my main point is this: I don't see a reason to change the map for something that affects a very small amount of games and has a very real counter. It would be similar to preventing builders from leaving the base just to prevent a ledge rush.
Eternal Noob of Civ Wars

Noctosphere
Forest Walker

Postby Noctosphere » Wed May 31, 2017 10:36 pm

BTW civil, I hope you know theres a build limit free spot for mid for building on bot lane?

Return to “Suggestions”