Dance Dance Revolution in WC3?

Talk about other Warcraft III games here.
C-SpoT-RuN
Resource Storage

Dance Dance Revolution in WC3?

Postby C-SpoT-RuN » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:50 am

Dance Dance Revolution
by JohnnyGuy

Sometime around August (2016) I begin working on a DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) for Warcraft III.

I like my max file sizes to be around 4-5mg (The max is way bigger now-- at the time it wasn't), but I wanted the game to be able to play up to 35+ songs. Sooo I designed a system inside of world editor that could create music.

I also had a Music Creator.w3x for the game, so other people could program their music, copy the code, and send it to me so they could play their creation.

Here was the method.
1. Layout each song using the same instruments
2. Render off the notes (2 octaves full) of all instrument samples (Each sample was around 15-40 kb, each song was composed using the same instruments)
3. Re-program the songs in World Editor using the Layouts I made

Here's a picture of what the layouts looked like.
Ex 1: Love Me Harder
Ex 2: Into You

And here's what they sounded like.
Ex 1: Love Me Harder
https://soundcloud.com/omc/ddr-love-me-harder/s-BZXjU
Ex 2: Into You
https://soundcloud.com/omc/ddr-into-you/s-hwIf1

How would the game be played?
The Up, Left, Right, Down, Arrow keys- the trigger would spawn them based on the "vocal / singer notes" of the song.

Unfortunately, World Editor is horrible with actually counting seconds (0.1 second to 1 second isn't real) meaning the program can't hold a steady beat. The project was canceled.
JOHNNYGUY

Tal
Resource Storage

Re: Dance Dance Revolution in WC3?

Postby Tal » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:41 pm

Think its more of a player bug because the world editor is actually really good with counting if you know how to trigger. Wondering if you are still working on this by any chance or have a copy of it left? Great idea though delay is the problem here so hotkeys should be used instead of arrow keys.

Return to “Custom Games”