NVB [Naruto vs Bleach]

Talk about other Warcraft III games here.
frankshotsauce
Forest Walker

NVB [Naruto vs Bleach]

Postby frankshotsauce » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:28 pm

Would there be a way for one of ENT's hosting bots to host not only mine, but a lot of people's favorite game to play, Naruto vs Bleach? If anyone remembers way back in the day to when MissingPeasants was hosting NVB, it filled quite quickly everyday. Of course nowadays, the amount of people playing it would be dramatically less at the beginning. However, there are of lot of people still interested in playing it, including myself. There are a lot of versions of NVB out there as Holybear updated it quite frequently for a while with the help of Blood-Elf. The verison that most people would rather play on is 1.5b if memory serves me right. Thanks for hosting if you have a spare bot with nothing going on. If this isn't possible, if someone could direct me on where to sign up to use your bots so that I might host it myself would be great as well.

TLDR; Host NVB, or show this stupid guy how to host it on your bots :D

Yondaime
Protector of Nature

Re: NVB [Naruto vs Bleach]

Postby Yondaime » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:44 pm

Well you can upload it if you check here: http://s4.entgaming.net/makemehost/index.php

I do not think that the player base is big enough for an NvB it is kind of a dead game as another bot does host it but it rarely ever fills.

frankshotsauce
Forest Walker

Postby frankshotsauce » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:36 pm

Actually there isn't another bot hosting it to my knowledge as the last to host it was bears mp. As far as a dead game goes, it is only dead because it isn't being hosted anymore, but the player base is still around for it. If you were to start hosting 1.5b on a dedicated bot, people will join it and will begin enjoying it yet again. Perhaps a trial period? Also mmh kinda sucks as you never know when people will be on to join. If we could at least give it a chance, great. If not, oh wells. Thanks for the reply at least.

Westfield
Aura Tree

Postby Westfield » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:02 pm

The game itself sort of had a potential, but unfortunately the creator didn't really bother listening to...experienced sort of people in hero design. I've seen the latest version of the game (as far as I know if it is the latest) where Hina, Byakuya and Yamamoto got introduced. Hina had like almost all of her spells draining mana from the enemy, and Yama is even a bigger joke - creating a simple fire wall which doesn't deal damage or any other effect for that matter. I mean it was just for obstacles purposes. The lack of ideas is just astounding and speaking about quality....

And you also have to think about the updates - it took more than a year or so for the new version to get released. It's a dying, if not already dead project

frankshotsauce
Forest Walker

Postby frankshotsauce » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:15 pm

It wasn't so much for lack of ideas, if anything it was too many ideas. Of which Bear, who at the time had no programming background, did the best that he could to incorporate a lot of those ideas in. I actually like yama-jii as he was strength support, which was his intended role when being built into the system. The main reason that it took more than a year to get new versions was that there were certain people at the time working on a new version, IE; Lulu with TKEA, yprincew, and others, but none of the original people involved until Bear and Blood-Elf got started again. Most of these updates a lot of people hated and a lot of people liked, but I am saying to skip all the updates and go back to the version that almost everyone played of 1.5b.

NVB has its downfalls and its positives like many other games out there, however, IMO it deserves a chance to be hosted again if a bot is available @Yondaime

I would venture to guess that almost anyone that plays NWU now at least played NVB at some point in time as well, and look at how many games are hosted on ENT71/day. I'm not saying NVB will get that far, but I can hope. Thanks.

Mavis
Basic Tree

Postby Mavis » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Franky! It's good to see you still supporting the greatest Map out there :O And I highly agree on the fact the player pool is still there, just not a Bot that is popular enough to attract the players.
If ENT would host NvB, I would highly do anything to support it. I would even try my best to "Moderate" NvB together with 1 or 2 more people.

-Supports!

Greets
Mavis

YprinceW
Forest Walker

Postby YprinceW » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:21 pm

i have actually talked to blood-elf, minimaster and dream about this, i have my own nvb map i have been editing westfield so alot of those issue u have i have taken care of. But i refuse to be any part of this if masa gets to play he will constantly flame everyone for playing nvb like he already does even though he played it for 2 years. oh and @YONdAIME @AROUNDTHAWORLD dont shit about my flames if ur not gonna ban masa for constnatly flaming me after i went and sent you the links and direct quotes of his flames and him breaking ih league rules but you know its cool

frankshotsauce
Forest Walker

Postby frankshotsauce » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:59 pm

Even if we were to use prince's map or the 1.5b map that everyone is used to would be fine by me. Honestly I am just hoping that you guys (ENT) will look into auto hosting. If you guys could provide a 2 week grace period in which we see how many games are played and if its even worth your time, I would be satisfied with that. However if there is a decent demand or games played/day, then it would be cool to see it continued to be hosted. I am willing to moderate NVB should you guys need a mod for it. I don't have all the free time in the world, but I will make time for this if it comes to fruition.
@Yondaime
@Matdas
@Aroundthaworld

I include you guys as you are the current mods of NWU and I value your opinion on the subject.

YprinceW
Forest Walker

Postby YprinceW » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:06 pm

^franky i still play LoL with nensense and all of them so if nvb is being hosted all of them will come play so i can help get the bot active pretty easily

frankshotsauce
Forest Walker

Postby frankshotsauce » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:16 pm

Yeah and I have multiple people on Garena and our NVb website that are dying to see this auto hosted!!

YprinceW
Forest Walker

Postby YprinceW » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:18 pm

whats hte nvb website again? and who still goes on garena? lol

frankshotsauce
Forest Walker

Postby frankshotsauce » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:03 pm

Well I have yet to get a good game off Gardena but there are active games on there. The website that a lot of people still check for NVB info and hanging is.
Nvbclan.freeforums.org

Anyone feel free to drop by for that matter. There is another custom map being created by natsu from nwu that involves FT, OP, naru and bleach. Link is in the site.

YprinceW
Forest Walker

Postby YprinceW » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:06 pm

what is the garena channel?

frankshotsauce
Forest Walker

Postby frankshotsauce » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:07 pm

I'd have to look when I get off work, currently on my phone. Ill post it.

YprinceW
Forest Walker

Postby YprinceW » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:09 pm

thanks cutie enjoy your electrician or engineering or w/e job u have lol

Return to “Custom Games”