Why host a map with problems?

Talk about other Warcraft III games here.
adde510
Basic Tree

Why host a map with problems?

Postby adde510 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:28 pm

I love TD maps, basically all of them. My last days i have played a fuck ton of Green TD Mega. This map is great, i love it, but there is a problem that all of us which play the map have to face. The problem is Dryad. Dryad is a hero you can use during Hero-Mode if you didn't already know. However, this hero is bugged, or something similar. I've have been told that the map is the problem, some say its the WC3 client and some say the hero itself, Dryad, that causes problem. I don't really care what the problem is, what i want to ask is why not change version? Host the version with Dryad fixed. This version, as far as i know, do exist. I can NOT confirm that it actually does nor can i tell what version that would be. I can say tho that it is suppose to exist according to some players.
This problem, in my opinion, is critical. The problem it causes is desync, which has a relation to each and every players ping. By using Dryad some people, in some games, get their ping increased and they will end up with a desync/dc.

Desync can happen in every game and on every map, yes i know that. But if you play this TD your self you know, as i do, that you get dc'ed a lot more then usual.

If it would be possible to change version i would love to have this come true as it would no longer cause conflicts between players knowing about the bug and those who doesn't.

... this is getting on my nerves. Making it to a certain level and then losing because you were "forced" to leave and not lose due to the lack of skill is really, really annoying and makes me wanna change map and possibly, go to BK's since their Hero Line Wars fill up faster.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Re: Why host a map with problems?

Postby aRt)Y » Sun May 01, 2016 8:47 am

@adde510 Did you try contacting the developer of Green TD?
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

adde510
Basic Tree

Postby adde510 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:53 am

aRt)Y wrote:@adde510 Did you try contacting the developer of Green TD?

All i know, Doom is the one who made and edited Green Circle TD Mega 10.7 ( https://www.epicwar.com/maps/192619/ ). I did not find any other info about him or the map so the answer is, no i have not contacted the map developer himself.

Neither did i contact the developer of Green TD. I though each and every map wasn't made by someone who cam up with it. Meaning specific maps were edited and customized by different people and not just 1 person. I do know that at some point someone had to start the Green TD, or TD in general, and then MAYBE the rest jumped on the train and based their maps on his creation (Green TD // TD ). I got no clue about that.

However, what i did think of as well is. Since Dryad is bugged, would it be possible to send an automated message about the case? Some people, like me, already prepared a message to let everyone know in case someone didn't. This work, but it would be a fine touch to make an automated message instead of us spamming about it.

adde510
Basic Tree

Postby adde510 » Wed May 11, 2016 5:21 pm

A few days ago the version got changed from 10.7 ( when Dryad caused problems ) to version 10.9 Fix. With this change the problem with Dryad seems to be fixed, not entirely but mostly. That being said, this post do no longer apply and can be removed, closed, makred as solved or something similar...

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Wed May 11, 2016 5:42 pm

@adde510

We are aware. We'll just leave the topic here, tho.
These users thanked the author HazarDous for the post:
adde510 (Thu May 12, 2016 12:20 pm)

Return to “Custom Games”