Island Defense Community Update, !Draw?

Moderator: Oversight Staff

e0e0e0e0
Forest Walker
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:32 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Island Defense Community Update, !Draw?

Postby e0e0e0e0 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:44 pm

FollowingPath wrote:
e0e0e0e0 wrote:Your statement implies that players care about stats such as W/L, or win rate percentage. I would suggest visiting this Island Defense Lobby Status site, status.islanddefense.cc
On this site you can quickly view the win rate percentage of players in the current waiting lobby. What you will notice is the win rate % of these players are quite low, especially in a game thats 10v1. It can only imply that these players do not care for their stats.


e0e0e0e0 wrote:If people want a competitive game they can go play a ENT map that has ELO, such as DOTA or LTD.


In the Island Defense discord you can see daily posts about titans, including yourself, complaining about builders triple/quad/penta basing so Titan can't win. We even have builders complaining about feeling "forced" to teambase in order to - you guessed it - win. Claiming that Island Defense isn't competitive just because there's no ELO is deliberately bending facts to fit your argument.

e0e0e0e0 wrote:Ultimately, what you're suggesting is that the needs of the few, in your case 1 person, outweighs the needs of the many, in terms of stats recording. Yet, I think otherwise, and if 3 people leaving is enough to ruin a game, as implied by the ENT rules of ID, then that many people, and the Titan as well, should have the privilege to end a bad game quickly. That is why I think only 40% participation is needed to !draw.


You keep pushing on this point that you're in favor of fulfilling "the needs of the many instead of the needs of the one," and yet you still argue for a 40% participation rate. I'm going to go as far as actually helping you out and assume that when you say "40%" you're thinking of games that have 3 or more leavers, in which case 40% of the original lobby would be the majority of the current lobby. But what about games where only 1 or 2 people leave? Those games are still playable, and yet I wouldn't put it past some of the "regulars" who group and have 1 person from the group play Titan, to force the game into a !draw and go next, even though they would be a minority in that scenario.



e0e0e0e0 wrote:You say leaver rules are in place to stop 1 person from potentially ruining game for those that play for stats?
This only affects Titan in terms of feed. I have yet to see a game where 7 people leaving in the first minute has an adverse affect on the ability of the remaining BUILDERS to win.


Then you need more stomp practice. A Titan with good game sense is guaranteed a win against the last few builders that remain after a mass leave (which most often happen because people ragequit over early minions.) Because I'm such a good guy I'll even give you a step-by-step guide, completely free of charge:

Step 1: Sell all your shit and buy MSoTG.

You're welcome.


In the Island Defense discord most of us barely play at this point, hell I've played only 1 or 2 lobbies in the last few days, and that was because we were all playing. We definitely don't daily post about any of this teambasing to win against titan, because ID has been off trending. If you see daily posts about this, feel free to screenshot and show me here, but we've all been playing other custom games over ID because of things such as the lack of a !draw system, and being trapped by the new leaver rules. Pub games are full of more noobs than ever because we don't play this game much anymore. This will be my last post on this matter as I can't care enough about this game, which I know you barely play, to push for this more.

You can even look at the stats of Ben_T, one of our ID mods: https://entgaming.net/customstats/islan ... yer/ben_t/

You will notice he's playing a ton of more custom games now than ever, and playing ID with less frequency, because people don't want to play a game with bad rules and bad players. When even the mods of the game barely play this, you know it's dead.

Addressing your statement concerning games where only 1 or 2 people leave, yet people may !draw to end, I can only think it's up to the discretion of the players to decide whether to do so, not you to decide whether it's playable or not. If 1 or 2 people leave and the 40% of builders and Titan agree to !draw to end, that's up to THEM, not you. Following that game, if people are upset that this has occurred, they can post a ban request on the leaving players, removing them from the player pool and reducing games that end in a !draw. Through this, bad players and bad games can be weeded out with more efficiency, and the ID lobbies will be better, or at the least filled with people who don't leave. Your statement regarding the "regulars" who group and have 1 person titan and !draw, in this case, are made irrelevant.

I used to see 3-5 lobbies playing at the same time, now it's 0-2, these current rules and consistent ban requests against these NON-COMPETITIVE players have cut the amount of players by a large margin, there needs to be a change.

We don't know until we try and test things out, but I strongly feel implementing a !draw command would help to better lobbies, these lobbies that have been pretty bad for quite awhile.

Yarragon
Treant
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:49 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Island Defense Community Update, !Draw?

Postby Yarragon » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:27 pm

When I'm siding with Poe, you know the world is ending...

But can you guys really sit there and tell me it's fun to play against a titan like @kamikadse or Fossurious, in a lobby where 4 players downloaded the map, and have no idea what they're doing? With the 15 minute leave rule we're stuck trying to teach those 4 players, until they either die or leave. A simple !draw would allow us to play through the game, up until enough people say we've had enough and want to move on.

Best case scenario they die and then leave. However more often than not, they will leave the game and get a ban request put up on them even though they had no idea what they were doing and were being taken advantage of. Is that really fair to someone you want to keep in the community to help the game grow overall? Even though they became a meme for a while, @insanesurge and @Gigablast02 were both new at one pont. Now when they're playing seriously, I don't mind seeing them on my team.
These users thanked the author Yarragon for the post:
vex193 (Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:51 am)
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Yarragon
Treant
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:49 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Island Defense Community Update, !Draw?

Postby Yarragon » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:37 pm

Also, I would have edited but I feel this deserves it's own post.

Jabba joined us for a game last night, and Ben and a few of us were more than helpful in trying to teach him. Did he understand what we were trying to show him? Maybe not totally, but while the first game one of us was playing Titan and largely left him alone, in the second he ended up playing titan.

That second game was over within 5 minutes, and he got a kill in the first 2. Now, against a less skilled lobby, that would have gone on for another 10, with the builders basing and hiding from the new player.

From there, he either would have left and got banned, or never figured out exactly what to do, ending up in a 20 minute game before they could finally trap and kill him. If anything I said here is incorrect, I'm sure someone will point it out.
These users thanked the author Yarragon for the post:
Jabba41 (Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:48 pm)
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

User avatar
Haunt
ENT Staff
Posts: 4328
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 9:19 pm
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: Island Defense Community Update, !Draw?

Postby Haunt » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:12 pm

!Draw and !ff will be implemented, but we don't have any ETA.

Moved to frozen for now.


Return to “Frozen”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest