A Message to the WC3 Community | Shut Down

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Re: A Message to the WC3 Community | Shut Down

Postby Unitil » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:13 pm

Replays are always deleted after an extended period of time.
Believe it's around 3 months.

zawadax3
Aura Tree

Postby zawadax3 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:09 am

milfhunter96 wrote:
zawadax3 wrote:I cant w8 for the moment when u will be joining to my games when i will be host. Games was pretty fine before bots came out. And use your brain. Many of u want to has a admin power to ban\kicking etc. On your game u will be the master.

Ok i will join u and insta leave every time when the game started, what you gonna do?
How should the stat tracking work, every single player has his own ladder?
just use brain...

HAHAHHAHA 96 born.

Listen kid!
Host can kick u and ban u if he want. Yes before bots host can do that. Now when i crush your dreams ... u trying hard but ima relaxed as :lol:

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:49 pm

zawadax3 wrote:
milfhunter96 wrote:
zawadax3 wrote:I cant w8 for the moment when u will be joining to my games when i will be host. Games was pretty fine before bots came out. And use your brain. Many of u want to has a admin power to ban\kicking etc. On your game u will be the master.

Ok i will join u and insta leave every time when the game started, what you gonna do?
just use brain...

HAHAHHAHA 96 born.

Listen kid!
Host can kick u and ban u if he want. Yes before bots host can do that. Now when i crush your dreams ... u trying hard but ima relaxed as :lol:

If you host manually you can't ban. And to kick ingame you need some sort of 3rd party program. Whereas with bots you can kick both in lobby and ingame, you can do (IP) bans. Get your facts straight please.

That being said, if you host manually milfhunter96 could just make a new account after every game and ruin your games. With hostbots it's not that simple.

Oh, and number next to the name doesn't necessarily mean age. And even if it did, in this case the dude would be 22, not much of a kid is he?
These users thanked the author Haunt for the post:
milfhunter96 (Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:48 am)

Yevorana
Resource Storage

Postby Yevorana » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:59 pm

Looks like there's an update to process the "feedback". It looks like they're trying to add some features of what hostbots already provide but it seems they're still pushing forward with killing hostbots.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/to ... 015?page=1

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:37 am

Haunt wrote:If you host manually you can't ban. And to kick ingame you need some sort of 3rd party program. Whereas with bots you can kick both in lobby and ingame, you can do (IP) bans. Get your facts straight please.

I'm not sure what the discussion is? I'm rarely on these days. It is sad to see what Blizzard is doing to bnet.

However, just strictly on this info, I was a dota host before in the olden days and with a 3rd party program, yes I can actually ban people, not just in game but in lobby. The program keeps a list and record of people you banned. You can drop them in the lobby or in game. Once on the banlist, they are automatically kicked when they enter the lobby of your game.

If I remember correctly, the ban is based on account name. However, there was indeed a IP function as well. It tells you "player has the same IP as blah blah on the banlist" etc... I wasn't sure if it was possible to set it to autokick base on IP and I simply have it turned off.

It also come with a "note" section, which I love. I put notes down on certain players, like if they suck, if they feed etc... I may not want to kick them if they're on the other team. :)

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:32 am

@nitromon Yes, that was WC3Banlist, I used it as wel (Still have it here somewhere in fact)l. But that won't work with the new patch either. Or hasn't worked since... I can't even remember, 2016 or something?

The point is that hostbots have made custom games and competitive play much better and more fun.

Bond009
Armored Tree

Postby Bond009 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:37 am

CountChocula96
Treant

Postby CountChocula96 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:53 pm

OMG I got htis message:

Error logging in: invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value.
"you the biggest wack job on dead ent" -burberry; Flamer/Fan; DotA

milfhunter96
Forest Walker

Postby milfhunter96 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:52 am

zawadax3 wrote:
milfhunter96 wrote:

just use brain...

HAHAHHAHA 96 born.

Listen kid!

reading your post i wonder who's the kid here. wont even argue with u since it seems u have no clue how wc3 works.

Return to “Archive”