A Message to the WC3 Community | Shut Down

envoy
Aura Tree

Re: A Message to the WC3 Community | Shut Down

Postby envoy » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:36 pm

sl4ck wrote:
envoy wrote:Hey All,

Thank you for all that you do and for standing up for the gamers. I play just about every day and appreciate everyone at ENT's effort. I think there are many ways you could have brought attention to this and while i wouldn't have chosen this path, i understand it. It is also amazing to see the coalition that support each other in the move.

With that said, i think it is pretty clear that gamers are on your side but we are also being punished by you by being unable to play you games. You have manifested the thing that threatens us all. Again, i fully understand the reason behind it and have signed the petition but if we as a community expect Blizzard to be reactionary to our concerns, how can ENT not be reactionary to its community?

I do not speak for the community and i myself am conflicted. I want to support ENT in any way i can and yet it is ENT that has removed my ability to play the games they claim to protect.

Yes, bots have been shut down, only for 48 hours though. Without that move, the amount of people voicing their anger on blizzards forum and signing the petition wouldnt be nearly as high.
@envoy

Thank you for taking the time to address my comment, it speaks to ENT's commitment to it's users. I 100% agree with you and totally see the merits in it. In a perfect world, i wish that you could have brought this to the community and had the same positive outcome but i know that would not be the case. You have done nothing wrong and i am not alleging that you did in any way. I think we all appreciate that you even had the foresight to get ahead of this.

The best part? I believe you got the response and call to action that you wanted. Message was received and the community chose your side. But we are hurting. 48 hours was an arbitrary number and it appears it was and underestimate of our loyalty and support. I'm sure you want to be firm to your words but doing that and rewarding the community for support are not mutually exclusive. We are with you in this fight.
@sl4ck

CJMilitaryMuscle
Aura Tree

Postby CJMilitaryMuscle » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:58 pm

I signed the petition.

May I ask if this 48 hour down time is for the whole weekend or 48 hours from when it was shut down Friday? I’m only regarding this because I have a business trip Monday and I’ll be gone for a Month. It’s not really important. :P
Blood@Useast

Peppe
Armored Tree

Postby Peppe » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:20 pm

zawadax3 wrote:Im glad blizzard killing bots. No more elo kids. We will back to old days when just players will hosting the game. k/d/r kids will be searching a new hobbies. Go play battlefield naaps.
U join legion u stack
U join dota u stack
Where is your ur point on balanced game?
No more this shit.

More importantly: No consequences for leaving or griefing, so if you have a bad game or just wanna be a jerk, you can ruin the game for everyone else. Yeah, this is gonna be great. Also you can hack/cheat all you want.

hurz-kai
Aura Tree

Postby hurz-kai » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:47 pm

Read the new terms of agreement from Blizzard?

"License Limitations. Blizzard may suspend or terminate your license to use the Platform, or parts, components and/or single features thereof, if you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:

cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;

bots; i.e. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that allows the automated control of a Game, or any other feature of the Platform, e.g. the automated control of a character in a Game;

hacks; i.e. accessing or modifying the software of the Platform in any manner not expressly authorized by Blizzard; and/or

any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality;"

So when using a bot it is considered cheating now and the account gets banned :D ?

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:51 pm

firefly wrote:You guys are sitting on a gold mine. Put a team together and set up your own server. Charge a small monthly fee to play the game. I will be happy to pay the fee to play it. Blizzard is a corporation, and there for, their bottom line is profit. If they cannot make money off of DOTA they won't care much it. To be fair they have kept the servers open for custom games for a long time.

Only long term solution is set up you own server.

And do you think you can just steal Blizzard's property rights and create your own game using their template and design? Someone will have to put a lot of effort into redesigning the game and quite frankly, that's where DotA 2 and LoL comes into play. But if someone can recreate DotA, LTD, Hell Hall TD and all these original custom maps but using their own template, I think you are right - they would make a hefty amount of money. I'd like an ENT mod to provide the statistics. I hope if Blizzard does move forward with banning hostbots that ENT will recruit a team and may them to help recreate this.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Hands-of-God
Aura Tree

Postby Hands-of-God » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:55 pm

...I want to play dota... I think 48 hours is excessive, if people were gonna sign and make noise they would have by now... its the freeken weeken........................

I just wanna get a couple tiny games in :D

YOLOSTRATS
Resource Storage

Postby YOLOSTRATS » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:01 pm

ENT NEEDS TO BE DETHRONED HEIR TO THE POWER OF THE ISLAND TROLLER!

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:43 pm

My question is would ENT connect still work? If so, I dont see the issue here tbh.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:51 pm

ENT Connect has already been tested and does not function.

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:00 am

MickeyTheMousie wrote:I hope you guys will be able to make a difference for this new patch. There is no question that for the regular users of ENT this will be a major blow. Thank you for standing up for this amazing community.

I have signed the petition and commented on the BNet thread. Wish I could do more!

Let's try to reach out to bigger gaming communities and even more important, to journalists. People should grasp the relevance of this step to the gaming world, since WC3 funmaps have sparked the MOBA trend.

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:03 am

Astros wrote:
firefly wrote:You guys are sitting on a gold mine. Put a team together and set up your own server. Charge a small monthly fee to play the game. I will be happy to pay the fee to play it. Blizzard is a corporation, and there for, their bottom line is profit. If they cannot make money off of DOTA they won't care much it. To be fair they have kept the servers open for custom games for a long time.

Only long term solution is set up you own server.

And do you think you can just steal Blizzard's property rights and create your own game using their template and design? Someone will have to put a lot of effort into redesigning the game and quite frankly, that's where DotA 2 and LoL comes into play. But if someone can recreate DotA, LTD, Hell Hall TD and all these original custom maps but using their own template, I think you are right - they would make a hefty amount of money. I'd like an ENT mod to provide the statistics. I hope if Blizzard does move forward with banning hostbots that ENT will recruit a team and may them to help recreate this.

That can not be done. You can't create clones of these maps within another developement environment, since WC3 mechanics and KI are the groundlaying functions and those are not available for your own use elsewhere. There is already a Legion TD standalonel, LTD 2, but I have to admit it is very different from what we have here and LTD players will miss the competitive environment.

I don't know why blizzard missed that trend. They could have hired those custom map creators and would have a monopol on a lot of magnificent multiplayer games with lootboxes and large player bases. Riot Games would not even exist if they would have taken DotA under their wings. Even the smaller maps are worth being standalones.

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:27 am

Unitil wrote:ENT Connect has already been tested and does not function.

Does entconnect basically have you connect to ENT and not even blizzard? You are connecting through LAN. Even if that was the case why not just have a rollback and have users play on whatever patch that worked for warcraft 3 for ent to work.

I dont understand why it wouldnt work. It feels like there are solutions here and maybe it is time that ent doesn't use b.net anymore. Wouldn't you guys have more power as people would have to register an account on ENT to play? It might even fix some of the community problems you guys have.

SourDiesel_Pot
Armored Tree

Postby SourDiesel_Pot » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:13 am

this fucking blows...just back from a trip at work and i come back to this shit...all i wanted to do was play some legion td and get stoned!!...damn blizzard

Hanabi23
Basic Tree

Postby Hanabi23 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:41 am

Rip Wc3. For me the reason i kept playing this is the sheer amount of costum games. It was very creative, hostbots made life so much easier. This is the final nail in the coffin of costum games. I dislike playing the normal online matches, so this is it for me. Peace and im out, sad!

randomloser
Forest Walker

Postby randomloser » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:56 am

Footmen Frenzy
Hero Push
wc3 (melee)
Too bad the other bots didn't get the memo I would of really loved to see the 6-8 game lobbies. Or for people to realize how bad player side lag can really be at times.
-load :6589p to play custom hero arena 3D
Do you like hero craft?
Do you like angel arena?
Then try cha out you'll probably love it :D

Return to “Archive”