A Message to the WC3 Community | Shut Down

AllUrBasesAreMe
Aura Tree

Re: A Message to the WC3 Community | Shut Down

Postby AllUrBasesAreMe » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:24 pm

caan i private host a game using ent right now?

Atros
Forest Walker

Postby Atros » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:34 pm

just reposting links so people can find it easy

blizzard forum topic about next update
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/12790218/

petition against new update changes
https://www.change.org/p/blizzard-retur ... ft-3-patch

418fewa
Resource Storage

Postby 418fewa » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:20 pm

Based Blizzard making it more & more difficult for bots. This thread is good for salt mining.

SHARICASMI
Basic Tree

Postby SHARICASMI » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:23 pm

I only see two problems with this patch.

Players can't repub. I really don't foresee this being an issue as long as the lobby links don't expire like how they currently do. Currently, these servers refresh more often than they should, often pushing player hosted customs off the list.
Tournament hosting bots are going to have to be re-written with some help/insight from blizzard no doubt. Bot support obviously will exist on SOME level (Blizzard automated tournaments use jass scripting and match making). It's just a matter of re-coding your bots.

Port forwarding/bot hosting should not be necessary to play your favorite wc3 map. It never was 15 years ago.

blazeitup
Forest Walker

Postby blazeitup » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:37 pm

I'm no expert, but you prove nothing by "putting the bots offline" for 48 hours. Blizzard don't care about amount of players playing the game. They care about sales and the amount of copies of the game sold. Turnings your bots offline for 48 hours dont effect their sales a all (not even a single purchase). Its safe to say the same amount of people who bought the game 2 weeks ago, also bought the game this week. Their sales are not effected at all by this stunt.

Points for efford, but no matter the future, your attempt is just a failure to yourself losing players, not blizzard losing customers.

FYI: Ofcourse I signed the petition.

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:15 pm

Regardless of whether or not the "strike" would affect blizzard, it definitely brought it to the players' attention.

Anyway, very glad you are back, ENT. I dearly hope we never lose you. <3
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

ehrenmitglied
Armored Tree

Postby ehrenmitglied » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:13 pm

Thanks for keeping this alive and all the effort u put into this game.
You guys are doing a great job :-).

jamil
Treant

Postby jamil » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:17 pm

guys please start emailing blizzard directly, get in their faces. This beartribe character on blizzard forum just doesnt give a shit.

to pr, msadat, dgredell, CSlaughter, aramirez, dsymonds
Dear Blizzard,

My Name is Jamil and I want to reach out to higher management. Please let me know if I have contacted one of the correct individuals to address my concerns.

Firstly I would like all to turn attention to the recent forum posts at the following:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/to ... 080?page=4

I have been a blizzard client since you started and also spend on a regular basis at your hearthstone Arena game. Simply see my transactions to see how much money you earn from me.

Please can somebody reply to my posts as per the link above. I am DaEarthquake on the posts and am extremly frustrated at the lack of understanding and acknowledgment to the forum posts.

Guys, in a nutshell, WC3 is not your main concern and is so old for you to probably care, but many of us in the community are effected by this astonishing behaviour and lack of care to your consumers.

I am 37 years old and played WC3 since it launched. The bnet custom games hosted by bots is the main reason you have so many users on WC3, especially with it being such an old game.

as per the post in the link :

Instead of insulting BearTribe, let us assume he is doing his job and wants to clean up the game.....

I have played via ENT for many years. I am 37 years old and LTD mega is my favourite game of all time. ENT are a hostingbot that cleans up hackers, dodgers and game ruiners. Surely if we ask BearTribe to look into this in further depth, he may support our argument instead of pissing him off. Yes D2 has bots which is completely different to hosting bots. maybe we can approach him nicely and gain his support.....

BearTribe, Please listen to the players that have helped this community and understand most people here dont even play D2. WC is dead without the likes of ENT hosting bots. Just look at their website and see the community. It is not even a community that has just developed the game, but a community that has cleaned up the problems with ALL matters. Blizzard directly do not offer this support. However, maybe look into asking ENT to join up with Blizzard and allow them to be part of the integral setup of the solution as most players are in this community.

Please understand that by removing ENT will remove most of the last standing players and people that voice the changes that were needed.

WC will die out very fast without HOSTINGBOTS (not BOTS). The ENT community is large and consists of most people that use WC battlenet.

Why would Blizzard encourage the removal of a community that has only helped WC develop?

https://www.change.org/p/blizzard-retur ... ft-3-patch

Warcraft 3 hostbots offer:

-Lower latency. Previously server latency was over 100ms.

-Host control: users can control their lobbies using kick, ban players from future lobbies they host, amongst countless other features.

-Ease of finding games. Communities have risen up around websites which offer a complete list of games hosted, making it much easier to find the game you want than the archaic game list which offers only a portion of games hosted and must be refreshed.

-Autohosted games. Many players play a few mods exclusively. Instead of having to manual host, there are autohosts which rehost automatically. This makes playing what you want extremely easy.

-Thanks to autohosts, competitive communities have grown through the use of stats and elo tracking. Here is an example: https://entgaming.net/customstats/legionmega/ . This website allows you to track your elo, game history, and retrieve replays. Bots have also allowed for community moderation, keeping the environment competitive thanks to moderation teams that review replays to stop cheaters.

Without hostbots, these communities will die. This decision was not communicated with the community beforehand, nor was it explicitly mentioned in the patch notes, only that they were releasing a new hosting system:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20769476896

Their hosting system does not offer any of the above features mentioned.

I had to confirm it was their intention to remove hostbots and replace it with their own system via discord. We are fed up with these patches that are breaking not only the game through crashes, but the features we have given the game ourselves in the absence of developer support.

Hostbots should be supported by Blizzard, not removed

I am specifically referring to ENT in this post.

Please BearTribe, shed some light on how, in anyway shape or form, has ENT hindered/negatively impacted WC battlenet?

Many people have come together via ENT community and enjoy endless fun of playing team games and communicating on the games that are hosted. Why would you want to remove this?

THIS DOES GO ON.........

Can somebody other than BearTribe from your upper management acknowledge what is being stated here and give a satisfactory explanation to the concern?!!!

Why would you as an online gaming provider want to piss off so many users and destroy what ENT gaming has done for you?

Please elaborate with an explanation.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Kind regards,

Jamil

jamil
Treant

Postby jamil » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:18 pm

guys please all that signed the petition please also email blizzard directly. get in their faces. OUR VOICES MATTER

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:22 pm

Jamil, beartribe from the b.net forums isn't a blizzard employee. He's just some autistic forum user who's in love with the b.net user terms of agreement.

CountChocula96
Treant

Postby CountChocula96 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:28 pm

Bots are back up! Just loaded a game of DotA, Hooray!
"you the biggest wack job on dead ent" -burberry; Flamer/Fan; DotA

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:30 pm

CountChocula96 wrote:Bots are back up! Just loaded a game of DotA, Hooray!

Honestly right now I don't know if I want to play or just start getting used to not being able to play anything in wc3.

artifacts
Treant

Postby artifacts » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:36 am

Glad the bots are on back online. I hope this next update wont be the end of host bots, i hope they heard our voices. Maybe there can be a medium so we can keep enjoying this game we all enjoy so much.

CountChocula96
Treant

Postby CountChocula96 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:37 am

Sylvanas wrote:
CountChocula96 wrote:Bots are back up! Just loaded a game of DotA, Hooray!

Honestly right now I don't know if I want to play or just start getting used to not being able to play anything in wc3.

lmfao. starting the weaning process slowly?

the end of an era...
"you the biggest wack job on dead ent" -burberry; Flamer/Fan; DotA

drspecial
Resource Storage

Postby drspecial » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:01 am

jamil wrote:guys please all that signed the petition please also email blizzard directly. get in their faces. OUR VOICES MATTER

But they dont lmao, quicker you figure that out better off you'll be

Return to “Archive”