DotA AP Games [Update: EM is back]

Krkljator_CF
Aura Tree

Re: DotA AP Games

Postby Krkljator_CF » Sun May 31, 2015 1:40 am

Btw, why did you shut down -arem euro and leave only -arem us/ca?

Now Europeans who want to play -em (while it lasts) will have higher delay.
Give a man power and you will reveal his true character

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun May 31, 2015 1:43 am

More gold is by far not even for all heroes. Carries simply gain more by it than supporters. Supporters buy supportive items and carries buy damage to two-shot you. How is that even slightly even? You can't be serious telling me that any of the four to five roles in DotA are even only because all gain more experience and gold.

I do fully agree with jfaller1 that you should at least schedule 30-50 minutes for any game. If you plan to go afk after 30 minutes, dont play at all. There's no reason you should start an apem game because you are short of time.

@Krkljator_CF I dont really understand your last post. We changed both europe and us/ca easy mode games for AP. We didn't touch arem, sdem or rdem just yet as we await the statistics. European players can still play ap euro.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Krkljator_CF
Aura Tree

Postby Krkljator_CF » Sun May 31, 2015 1:50 am

See the game list:
https://entgaming.net/forum/games.php

The only available -em DotA games (except LoD) are:
[ENT] DotA rdem us/ca
[ENT] DotA sdem us/ca
[ENT] DotA arem us/ca

So, 3 on us/ca and 0 on euro.
Give a man power and you will reveal his true character

F-Train
Protector of Nature

Postby F-Train » Sun May 31, 2015 1:56 am

We never had an arem euro bot, only apem euro.
Having an unstable internet connection or a high risk of lagging out? Are you tired of losing a won game because you disconnected?
    Do not worry, there are solutions to solve your problem!
    • ENT Connect is a on LAN connection based reconnection tool (no cd-keys needed).
    • GProxy++(Varlock) is a reconnection tool for the battle.net with an external prompt.
    • GProxy++ DLL is a reconnection plugin for battle.net (Recommended).
    For technical issues or questions, post a topic in the technical support forum.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Have a question? Search below for your answer :)

Not sure if you're banned? Don't know how long or why you're banned? Click this

pinheadlarry
    Forest Walker

Postby pinheadlarry » Sun May 31, 2015 10:13 am

I must say I am disappointed with your new direction... I have a hard time understanding why you would discontinue your fastest-filling bot (apem us with the old map). The fact you had AP up with the new map with empty lobbies when apem was up should indicate the opinion of the general community. I thought that was suppose to be the test to see if the community wanted to move, which they didnt? What exactly is the new test Arty is talking about?

I started playing dota when 6.43b was out on Dotacash where I played over 3000 games. When dotacash unfortunately shut down I hit a cross roads of choosing whether to move communities, go to dota2 or switch to LOL.I had played various non dota games on ENT during my time using cash (HLW, LTD). I saw ENT had very active mods, a good client for my friends to use to play with me and lots of dota games, so naturally I chose to give ENT a chance and have played 1500 games since. One of the best things about ENT is the VARIETY of game versions you host. You have 3 versions of HLW, and many versions of LTD. And until now, you have have had great variety in terms of dota bots.

While I do prefer -em due to the faster game pace, I am more opposed to the new map that is attempting to emulate dota2. I think one of the best aspects of 6.81 is it is NOT like dota2. If I wanted to play dota2, I would have moved back when dotacash shutdown. I am not denying that there are some heros who need to be balanced, however, from all the versions I have ever played, 6.81 is by far the most balanced as even the "op" heros can be quickly shut down with a strategic build/counter-pick. Dota2 has much bigger balancing problems from discussions with my friends.

The bottom line is please keep doing what ENT does best which is offering variety. I am not saying you shouldn't have 6.83 maps hosted, just please keep the old bots too! Give us the option to choose!

davidhasselhoff
    Aura Tree

Postby davidhasselhoff » Sun May 31, 2015 11:12 am

This is foolish. Non EM isn't really more balanced, it's just different. I'll go rock a non em game for fun because it's been awhile but then I am switching to a new bot.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sun May 31, 2015 12:56 pm

This change seems to have decreased the player base significantly, based on the time it takes to fill a game. I don't care so much about the mode, but I do care about getting the same bad mannered troll in half my games and not being willing to dodge.. (the jakiro player who I won't name, for example)

AnotherWorld
    Donator

Postby AnotherWorld » Sun May 31, 2015 2:00 pm

One interesting statistic we should remember btw :

for over a year minimum, all the AP euro games were empty (waiting hours inside to get started) while APEM euro got full so fast & 3 or 4 games gone while the AP were still in the game list waiting for players.

I just raise that point to show that ENT players showed interest for most of them @APEM mode. Even if you right in what you exposed and that i understand, i just want to say that the community been playing apem & not ap... this could affect the DotA @ENT activity. I hope not... let's see

nabo.
    Donator

Postby nabo. » Sun May 31, 2015 4:04 pm

pinheadlarry wrote:The fact you had AP up with the new map with empty lobbies when apem was up should indicate the opinion of the general community. I thought that was suppose to be the test to see if the community wanted to move, which they didnt? What exactly is the new test Arty is talking about?

Not really. Not many people even knew there was a new map. The number of downloaders indicate that not many people even knew there was a new map. We have already proven that the average game time difference between em and non-em is only about 10 minutes. If you dont plan to play about an hr for each game, you shouldnt be gaming. Even though non-em can be longer, it DOES NOT mean slower paced. You must really not know wtf dota is about and how to play objectively.
    pinheadlarry wrote:... 6.81 is by far the most balanced as even the "op" heros can be quickly shut down with a strategic build/counter-pick.

Do you even know what you are talking about? "...most balanced"?
    EdgeOfChaos wrote:This change seems to have decreased the player base significantly, based on the time it takes to fill a game. I don't care so much about the mode, but I do care about getting the same bad mannered troll in half my games and not being willing to dodge.. (the jakiro player who I won't name, for example)

What a bad argument. + Your opinion is based on one player? Over 150 games filled within 24 hours. The bot aint doing so bad with its fill-up-rate. In my opinion, quality of players will be a lot better in the long run if people start to play non-em.
    AnotherWorld wrote:... this could affect the DotA @ENT activity. I hope not... let's see

Which is why we are running a trial and seeing how the community responds in terms of activity. The demand for -ap from euro ppl had always been there. ap euro games filled everyday during "euro active time". Currently the AP bots have been filling pretty good so far. Quit with the crying please and see how this goes.
    Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
    • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
    • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

nabo.
    Donator

Postby nabo. » Sun May 31, 2015 4:17 pm

@agreements

Read the previous discussions from main post.
    Clan High@useast

• Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

aRt)Y
    Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun May 31, 2015 4:21 pm

My post should have clarified as to why -em is useless. People have yet to bring up an argument as to why it is so difficult to adapt to normal games. - It is also to combine the player base of em and normal games. Thus, increasing the bots activity in theory.
      Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
        Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

nabo.
    Donator

Postby nabo. » Sun May 31, 2015 4:30 pm

Remove-em suggestion topic has been up for a month and the dota v6.83 update suggestion topic including suggestion that it should be for non-em has been up for 2 months, we need more discussion?

Sure, we can have a poll if you would like. Not sure why current bot activity is not enough though.
    Clan High@useast

AnotherWorld
    Donator

Postby AnotherWorld » Sun May 31, 2015 4:47 pm

I don't cry, but for over a year -em got filled 10x times faster than empties AP ones.
    Everybody know that.

But, most important is to get rid of this .83c. ROYAL bugged (Mort has evasion active when no heroes around... normal ???)

nabo.
    Donator

Postby nabo. » Sun May 31, 2015 5:44 pm

Yes, few heroes like pa and naix bug are well known with minor bugs since the version came out, but the game is still fine and non-beta state. Nothing game breaking.

You want 6.81 bug? troll is bugged. Point is, all versions have their minor bugs.
    Clan High@useast

ILLIONAIRE
    Aura Tree

Postby ILLIONAIRE » Sun May 31, 2015 5:59 pm

Non-em game > we just need to give people more time to catch up to the new things. Most of people are not even aware that ap bots fill we just have to give some time for people to recognize that ap bots fill now with em mode gone

Return to “Archive”