Tournament info

Map: Legion TD 3.42c
Mode: -pr
dweiler
Plague Treant

Tournament info

Postby dweiler » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:48 pm

Here all the info you need for the LTD tournament this weekend! Things will be quite different than last tournaments, so even if you played LTD tournaments that I hosted before, please read all the info.

The tournament site is this: http://challonge.com/aprilprtour (Already note there is a 'group stage' and 'Final stage'.) I will randomize all groups and match-ups about 1 hour before the tournament. If you want to make sure I do it fairly, join me on Discord, I will announce there when I randomize.

Start of the tournament/discord
The fastest way to communicate this tournament is through Discord. Discord can be found among the headings on top of the ENT page. If you are a captain and don’t know how to use it /don’t have a Discord account yet, make it ASAP because you absolutely need it to be able to participate in the tournament.

We have opened a special channel for the tournament, which you can join by typing "!rank Tournament LTD" in the general ENT channel on Discord.

Captains will have to be in this Discord tournament channel approximately 10 minutes before the start of the tournament, so that I can check if everyone is there and other teams do not have to wait. Discord will also be used for communications between the teams who have to play (with hosting and seeing if the other team is ready) and questions to the organization of the tournament.

It is highly appreciated if you send a smiley with an animal face on it when you join the Discord tournament channel. They are always funny!

Hosting the games
The captain of the team that is listed first in the match-up in challonge will host the game through ENT Link (https://entgaming.net/link/). The map that will be used is “Legion TD Mega 3.42C.w3x” as uploaded by broud3r. The game name will be “Tour” followed by the group and number of the matchup as you see on Challonge, e.g. TourA1, TourC6, et cetera in the group stage. The final stage will suffice by just adding the number of the match in challonge, such as "Tour2".

There are no observers allowed in the games, with the exception of tournament organization, ENT moderators and streamers who are approved by the tournament organization.

The captain of the winning team will have to report the result on the forum. I will make a new thread with more info on the match day.

Rules in the games
The game will be played in –prgmnm! Red is always responsible for typing in the mode. Don’t forget!

The rules will be the same as the rules on the 1200+ bot. Some main differences for Mega players are that you cannot build on the dark-green area, nor use anti-stuck. The main differences for LIHL players is that you cannot split on any round except the level you are going to send demons + you are allowed to sell except the level before it will be a race. The captains are responsible that all team members know the rules. Ignorance is no excuse for breaking rules in the tournament!

If you are banned on the general ENT bots you won’t be able to participate in the tournament.

Punishments on breaking rules will be looked at case by case. Auto-losing the game, disqualification and playing the game all over again (when time allows it) are among the possibilities. Serious offences will also have consequences outside of the tournament (map hacking, ghosting, ban dodging).

Because of the time schedule we do not have time to draw for disconnects. This means games will be played out regardless of disconnects. So I would recommend all captains to check if their players have GProxy or entconnect,

For all non-LIHL players: In this version, egg sack is bugged. If you click on the egg-sack spell between rounds you will gain 100 income. This is forbidden! Never click the spell! IF it does somehow happen you need to keep that 100 gold every time. (So 200 gold on 2nd round, 300 gold on third etc.)

Tournament form
The form of the tournament will be different from other tournaments and not be as announced!! Because we have 12 teams it is nearly impossible to do a double-elimination tournament. That is why I have chosen to start with a group stage, followed by a Best-of-three quarterfinal + semi-final +match for 3rd place, and finally a Best-of-five final. There will be no loser bracket!!

The group stage will exist out of 3 groups with 4 teams. In the schedule below I have only added the time for the entire group stage. This because games in the group may have different lengths. Within this time you must play all group matches! On the challonge site you can see who you have to play in which order (Tab group stage, then tab ‘Matches’at the group your team is playing in). Be aware you may have to wait a bit for your opponent if their games take longer.

All #1 and #2 will qualify for the quarterfinals. Two out of three #3 will also advance. The best #3 (the team with the most wins) will auto-qualify for the quarterfinals. The other two will have to play a Best-of-1 match to determine who takes the last spot in the quarter finals. This match is called “Round 1” in the schedule below. It is, however, not included on the challonge page because I can’t see how to add that :p.

Spoiler!
In case of equal points: if there are two #3 with shared highest points, those two will automatically progress to the quarter finals. If all three #3 have the same amount of points, we will look at the heal score.* The highest heal score will get the free pass to the quarter finals, the other 2 will have to play. If there are 2 teams with the same amount as highest they will automatically progress. If the healscores are also the same for all three teams, we will !roll for who gets the free spot and who will have to play for it. The highest roll wins

*Your heal score is the amount of heals the enemies used - the amount of heals your team used. (Over all group games)

Tournament schedule.png
Tournament schedule.png (7.64 KiB) Viewed 3351 times

Lastly, I want to ask all the captains to make sure all the players of your team will be there on time. Please inform them about the times! We will allow swapping players in case players aren’t there/can’t make it. Just change your line-up in the sign-up thread. However, once you played your first game, you cannot swap players anymore. Also we don’t allow players to be signed for multiple teams during the tournament.

I wish everybody a fun tournament!

@iamyoursenpai @Kirim @G0liath_05 @oneofhim @cutelittleshoe @borimason @hugmeonce @magicpotatoes @n1ll3 @jabba41 @raizoir @hakuna
Last edited by dweiler on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
These users thanked the author dweiler for the post (total 3):
G0LIATH_05 (Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:50 pm) • inQ (Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:29 pm) • magicpotatoes (Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:22 pm)
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

FateStayNight
Forest Walker

Re: Tournament info

Postby FateStayNight » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:57 pm

a bit sad that not enough teams signed, on the other hand i really like this tournament format since every team has at least 3 games to play!
These users thanked the author FateStayNight for the post:
dweiler (Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:15 pm)

magicpotatoes
Donator

Postby magicpotatoes » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:40 am

SingAboutMe wrote:a bit sad that not enough teams signed, on the other hand i really like this tournament format since every team has at least 3 games to play!

100% agree
Let's make LTD great again!

broud3r
ENT Staff

Postby broud3r » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:48 am

MickeyTheMousie wrote:Rules in the games
The game will be played in –pr! Red is always responsible for typing in the mode. Don’t forget!

the mode needs to be "-prgmnm" as no mid mode is not activated by default
These users thanked the author broud3r for the post:
dweiler (Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:45 am)

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:03 am

I would warn about egg sack bug :!:
These users thanked the author Diablo_ for the post:
dweiler (Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:45 am)
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:57 pm

I just want to make sure, since the language used is not such that I am familiar with:

you cannot split on any round except the level you are going to send demons

By saying you cannot split, I interpret that you mean a person cannot intentionally underbuild with the intent to let some of the wave get through to the middle section in order to give your team more time to harvest lumber and press a lumber advantage. I want to know, though, if a player is struggling to hold the wave due to his units or his under-value, is he required to "over-build" as it were, to try to stop leaking, (that is the word that I usually use/see instead of split, if I am interpreting correctly) rather than to push lumber and try to make a comeback later?

In other words is it disallowed to push lumber and accept that you are not holding waves?
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

Lord-Miles
Plague Treant

Postby Lord-Miles » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:59 pm

Hakuna wrote:I just want to make sure, since the language used is not such that I am familiar with:

you cannot split on any round except the level you are going to send demons

By saying you cannot split, I interpret that you mean a person cannot intentionally underbuild with the intent to let some of the wave get through to the middle section in order to give your team more time to harvest lumber and press a lumber advantage. I want to know, though, if a player is struggling to hold the wave due to his units or his under-value, is he required to "over-build" as it were, to try to stop leaking, (that is the word that I usually use/see instead of split, if I am interpreting correctly) rather than to push lumber and try to make a comeback later?

In other words is it disallowed to push lumber and accept that you are not holding waves?

You cannot split your army to leak every level , just the level you gonna sending demons for example time for double demon and more send.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:09 pm

@Hakuna And splitting means you build a unit a little in front of your units so they split into 2 groups which makes you leak slower.
These users thanked the author Jabba41 for the post:
Hakuna (Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:39 pm)
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:39 pm

Jabba41 wrote:@Hakuna And splitting means you build a unit a little in front of your units so they split into 2 groups which makes you leak slower.

Thanks, that was the missing info I didn't have.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

Varg
Forest Walker

Postby Varg » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:37 pm

There should be a timelimit when to start a game..

some ppl start a game 30 min late and now the whole group have to wait.

Classic TK..
These users thanked the author Varg for the post:
magicpotatoes (Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:43 pm)

Kreutertee
Treant

Postby Kreutertee » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:22 am

We played bo3, after the first game some dude on the other team needed go to the hospital lol. We waited 50 minutes in lobby rofl :D tk tema

Return to “LTD April Tournament”