Legion TD HELL v3.98c [DISCUSSION]

Moderator: HELLRAlSER

Schmeezus
Resource Storage

Re: Legion TD HELL v3.98c [DISCUSSION]

Postby Schmeezus » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:53 am

We just had a tournament in which a team tried stacking a side for building following all rules but barely being within them. This is going to bread a lot of 50% 3rd wheel builders allowing the first 2 mates to become stacked. Since a send will split 3 ways (Yes 3 people send but really in this scenario only 2 really need to hold) the send is weaker overall at first with low lumber early on ingame. If a team of 3 knows how to execute a strat along these lines its gonna cause a wave of ban requests..... almost like the evil twin brother clog 2.0

I think the 3v3 aspect would be a cool idea but the rule about keeping atleast 50% recommended value might need adjustment later on... If I can assemble a team of 5 sometime I would love to show this theory because even with mild leaks here and there 200 income by 10 is easily reachable.... imagine if a player has the option to not worry about holding an entire wave and just going lumber crazy.... 3-400income might not be far off in the near future.

Just wish all the disputes over last tournament I see this style coming back especially when its only risking 33% of your team while relying on the 66% to carry the weight.

Thank you for all the work hellraiser!

@Greymare

betonakis-NEW
Basic Tree

Postby betonakis-NEW » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:14 am

hes absoulutly right!!!!
will be a new cross fail feed- leave style or something else low skilled like.
even if he is wrong its not improving anything of the game or ppls strategy.
Its not even making it more funny or what ever.... with 3 ppl upping king even holds 20 bosses or sth...
k its exaggerated but not as much as it should be.
open door for luckwin, stacking and with not teamplaying allys u have 50% higher chance for leaver and thats not an upgrade.
oh and btw almost unable to kill again on normal lvl... one does always hit lucky and gets like descriped pushed to teamrescue...
we back on 1-10 & 10-20 safe! jippie.
no offence but i dont get why ruining for no reason after IT FINALLY BECAME HARDER AGAIBN
sry for my germish
The Idiots are winning!

Greymare
Treant

Postby Greymare » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:23 am

@betonakis-NEW @Schmeezus

I understand and agree with what you are saying BUT your issues are because currently (Fuck nows why) ENT is running Map Version 3.97c in 3v3 mode (Which is rediculuos and stupid), the new map that HELLRAISER has been working hard to create for us has alot of changes to it which you may find balances it better for 3v3 style.

With saying that you are correct. a team only requires 2 players to hold and 1 player to lumberjack as hard as possible. the feed resulting will allow for other players to overbuild making them harder and harder to leak.

Greymare
Greymare
Clan HELL Chieftain

HELLRAlSER
ENT Staff

Postby HELLRAlSER » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:14 am

I suggest you first play the map and then come to conclusions. Needless to say the game being played as 1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3 is entirely optional and depends on host's will.

iTwinkLyfe
Forest Walker

Postby iTwinkLyfe » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:36 pm

@greymare you're worried what happened in the Mega will happen here? The cross, and cross-like mind?

Greymare
Treant

Postby Greymare » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:35 am

@iTwinkLyfe im not worried about cross or cross like situations. Ofcourse that is going to happen, it happens in 2v2 so no difference really.

all i was saying is with 3v3 being the new format for 3.97c which i dont understand as i was of the understanding that the 3v3 format was being released for the 3.98 map, that currently if you play with 2 holders and 1 feeder (lumberer) you cant lose
Greymare
Clan HELL Chieftain

iTwinkLyfe
Forest Walker

Postby iTwinkLyfe » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:27 pm

@greymare true, i've seen this in a few games now. Also, perhaps just bad luck on my part, but my opposing team does what you mentioned, while my own team won't communicate. I used to be able to balance that in 2v2, but carrying 2 people against coordination is a bit... harsh? haha

Greymare
Treant

Postby Greymare » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:23 am

@ iTwinkLyfe

Harsh.... it damn impossible to do lol
Greymare
Clan HELL Chieftain

Pievius
Resource Storage

Postby Pievius » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:32 am

iTwinkLyfe wrote:@greymare true, i've seen this in a few games now. Also, perhaps just bad luck on my part, but my opposing team does what you mentioned, while my own team won't communicate. I used to be able to balance that in 2v2, but carrying 2 people against coordination is a bit... harsh? haha

Not to blame anyone but with 3v3 format i tend to get at least 1 guy that is new/noob and/or not communicating which kills the fun of the game. That is why i think we must revive 1100+ bot as a community and enjoy these new changes.
My new year promise is play only on 1100+ bot, hope someone will join and i will be able to play at least 1 game a month :D

Greymare
Treant

Postby Greymare » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:00 pm

@Pievius

As an experiment they should revert the 1100+ bot to 2v2 format and i bet you it will be played a lot more
Greymare
Clan HELL Chieftain

Pievius
Resource Storage

Postby Pievius » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:21 pm

@Greymare

Would love that since I'm playing on a toaster which starts lagging after 20 when its 2v2 and on 3v3 lag starts during lvl 7 and continues to the end of the game.

Maybe it would be fun to leave teal/green spots open with harder lanes for them on 1100+ bot with 2v2. And btw i really like these changes for teal/green lanes on paper and don't want it to go to waste.

Greymare
Treant

Postby Greymare » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:34 pm

@Pievius
a lot of people have complained to me about the 3v3 and that they are expieriencing lag due to it. I myself lagged out due to excessive lag last night on wave 28 for the first time ever since i started playing this. I honestly prefer 2v2 for map 3.97c anyway. Map 3.98 i did beta test on with friends and enjoyed the 3v3 format. But altimately its upto the powers who be to run it as they see fit to do so (ENT Management)

Another thing i have noticed also is that if 1 player is to leave then both players are recieving the lumber bonus which seems an overkill to me but that may just be me i dont know lol

I honestly just wish they would start running 3.98 map if its ready to be run.....
Greymare
Clan HELL Chieftain

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:38 pm

Greymare wrote:But altimately its upto the powers who be to run it as they see fit to do so (ENT Management)
Which entirely relies on public input as the suggestion procedure for map approvals are completely public, too.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Greymare
Treant

Postby Greymare » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:43 pm

@aRt)Y

I totally understand that. Thats why there are forums open for such things to be discussed. I must say though i have asked why it was changed to 3v3 so that when people ask me in game i can tell them and noone will tell me the reason for it.
Greymare
Clan HELL Chieftain

Pievius
Resource Storage

Postby Pievius » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:35 pm

Greymare wrote:Another thing i have noticed also is that if 1 player is to leave then both players are recieving the lumber bonus which seems an overkill to me but that may just be me i dont know lol

After that lumber change i started getting weird games where team of prophet + hybrid make prophet leave and hybrid guy just gets insane amount of lumber and income and holds anything you send at him :D

Greymare wrote:@aRt)Y

I totally understand that. Thats why there are forums open for such things to be discussed. I must say though i have asked why it was changed to 3v3 so that when people ask me in game i can tell them and noone will tell me the reason for it.

My thought is that maybe 3.98 should have been released earlier and got delayed for some reason or they wanted to see how 3v3 would work right before 3.98 release. Also votestart is allways an option :)

Return to “Archive”