(DotATourney) Discussion

uakf.b
Staff Department

(DotATourney) Discussion

Postby uakf.b » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:37 am

Please keep general discussion on the DotA tournament in this topic.

EDIT: since there's now a separate section for the tournament, you can make a new topic here instead now.
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

uakf.b
Staff Department

Re: (DotATourney) Discussion

Postby uakf.b » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:39 am

DA-01 wrote:Ah, verry well

What is the plan?

I wanna say something, (ENT), bots may experienced, some lags/delay issues, should be fixed'' somehow?:)

I'll participate in the tournament only if there is no lag/delay to really bother me
I'll must admit that ent becomes more popular! :) It's an advance hosting service. please just don't pay attention on the *If you got a problem with new/player with low experience and small probability related to dota ranks''stats. *Teach the players how to do don't just disregard them since they are new here Everyone was new at everything at one point in their life. ofc -_- :)

Best_Regards,
DA-01

Post moved from another topic is quoted above.

JackSwift
Treant

Postby JackSwift » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:24 am

Thoughts on making quarter finals semis and finals best of three? I would prefer it.. and imo the more games the better.

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:38 am

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I'm not sure how Crispz is organizing it.

Crispz
Treant Protector

Postby Crispz » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:46 am

JackSwift wrote:Thoughts on making quarter finals semis and finals best of three? I would prefer it.. and imo the more games the better.

Well I was thinking of the short amount of the teams, I was going to make it a best out of 3, and I will provide a loser bracket for the fun of it.
What do you think?
Retired. Co-Admin/Forum Mod/Dota Admin
Tommy | Visuals

JackSwift
Treant

Postby JackSwift » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:04 am

16 teams (potentially) which means a total of 15 matches which means 45 games if every one is BO3. That is probably a bit much. Instead make the first round single elimination and put the losers in a losers bracket if they want, also make this BO1. Then have the next 3 rounds of the winners bracket be BO3. That's my first suggestion, my next is make the finals a BO5. But that could be excessive, timing this will be the hardest part with so many teams schedules, you might want to actually start the tourney on the 5th at like 7 or 8 est and get the first round completely done with. Idk it's your tourney, but this makes the most sense to me.

Crispz
Treant Protector

Postby Crispz » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:21 am

JackSwift wrote:16 teams (potentially) which means a total of 15 matches which means 45 games if every one is BO3. That is probably a bit much. Instead make the first round single elimination and put the losers in a losers bracket if they want, also make this BO1. Then have the next 3 rounds of the winners bracket be BO3. That's my first suggestion, my next is make the finals a BO5. But that could be excessive, timing this will be the hardest part with so many teams schedules, you might want to actually start the tourney on the 5th at like 7 or 8 est and get the first round completely done with. Idk it's your tourney, but this makes the most sense to me.

This seems pretty good as well.
I'll see what I can do when the registration process is done.
Then I'll contact you otherwise.
Tommy | Visuals

JackSwift
Treant

Postby JackSwift » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:47 am

Honestly I think you should make a final decision about a week before registration ends.. nadota players are fickle and like to play immediately, otherwise they will lose interest so try to get all of the details figured out sooner rather than later.

Crispz
Treant Protector

Postby Crispz » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:58 am

JackSwift wrote:Honestly I think you should make a final decision about a week before registration ends.. nadota players are fickle and like to play immediately, otherwise they will lose interest so try to get all of the details figured out sooner rather than later.

Registration doesn't end until July 5.
So I have time .
Tommy | Visuals

JackSwift
Treant

Postby JackSwift » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:50 am

I'm not saying you don't, but don't wait until the 4th to make final adjustments is all.

Crispz
Treant Protector

Postby Crispz » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:37 am

JackSwift wrote:I'm not saying you don't, but don't wait until the 4th to make final adjustments is all.

Oh no.. Why would I do that.
Tommy | Visuals

Crispz
Treant Protector

Postby Crispz » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:25 pm

Any suggestions on what round's time should be?

Sweet 16/Elite 8 -
Quarter Finals -
Semi Finals -
The Finals -
Tommy | Visuals

JackSwift
Treant

Postby JackSwift » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:33 pm

I would do as much of the first round as you can on the 5th, tell the team leaders to be in chat at 7:30 est and start getting games out by 8:15. That way you can probably get most of them done, and finish any stragglers the next day. Then I would just make it so each round is a different day, with the fiinals being on the 8th in a best of 3 / best of 5 (whichever you decide) each day I would make check-in at 7:30 est (I've found this is a good time for most) and go from there. You're going to run into issues each day, so use your own discretion on how long you are willing to wait for people to get on. Setting the times as early as possible allows you to get feedback from teams, so youu can make exceptions for people who are simply unable to make it, but let you know ahead of time so you know how long youu have to wait.

Crispz
Treant Protector

Postby Crispz » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:38 pm

JackSwift wrote:I would do as much of the first round as you can on the 5th, tell the team leaders to be in chat at 7:30 est and start getting games out by 8:15. That way you can probably get most of them done, and finish any stragglers the next day. Then I would just make it so each round is a different day, with the fiinals being on the 8th in a best of 3 / best of 5 (whichever you decide) each day I would make check-in at 7:30 est (I've found this is a good time for most) and go from there. You're going to run into issues each day, so use your own discretion on how long you are willing to wait for people to get on. Setting the times as early as possible allows you to get feedback from teams, so youu can make exceptions for people who are simply unable to make it, but let you know ahead of time so you know how long youu have to wait.

Are you telling me that a best out of 5 series should be completed in one day?
Same goes with bo3
Tommy | Visuals

JackSwift
Treant

Postby JackSwift » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:44 pm

Well the best of five will only be between two teams, since it is the finals, so yeah that will actually be the easiest match to be able to start and complete within a reasonable amount of time. The semis will be relatively easy as well, but if you do make the quarters a best of three, that will be a bit more difficult. I would make semis best of three and finals best of 5 and that will be really easy to manage.

Return to “July DotA”