(DotATourney) Discussion

Crispz
Treant Protector

Re: (DotATourney) Discussion

Postby Crispz » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:56 pm

JackSwift wrote:Well the best of five will only be between two teams, since it is the finals, so yeah that will actually be the easiest match to be able to start and complete within a reasonable amount of time. The semis will be relatively easy as well, but if you do make the quarters a best of three, that will be a bit more difficult. I would make semis best of three and finals best of 5 and that will be really easy to manage.

sweet16/elite 8 - bo1
quarter finals - bo1
semi finals - bo3
the finals - bo5

I just the times for each following rounds. I don't need the following dates because it has already been set.
Retired. Co-Admin/Forum Mod/Dota Admin
Tommy | Visuals

JackSwift
Treant

Postby JackSwift » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:00 pm

I noticed that the first games will be played July 13, I really want to stress that the players of each team wont want to wait 8 days after end of registration to begin playing the tournament, I hope these days are merely for show than actually set in stone.

Crispz
Treant Protector

Postby Crispz » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Well they have the time to practice.
Tommy | Visuals

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:17 pm

Hm, I think they have a lot of time to practice before the tournament begins already. If registration is ending July 5th, I think we should start soon (like two or three days) after that.
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

Crispz
Treant Protector

Postby Crispz » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:19 pm

uakf.b wrote:Hm, I think they have a lot of time to practice before the tournament begins already. If registration is ending July 5th, I think we should start soon (like two or three days) after that.

Okay I'll change it.
Tommy | Visuals

JackSwift
Treant

Postby JackSwift » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:20 pm

We should start that day imo, you have already extended the registration itself 2 or 3 times, I really doubt anyone needs an additional 8 days to practice. I say 1 or 2 days max.

EDIT:: nice idea moving the tourney to its own section.

Crispz
Treant Protector

Postby Crispz » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:46 am

2nerla wrote:why is my team not on the bracket we were the 15th team to sign up
uakf.b wrote:2nerla: don't worry, we're adding a second bracket to handle additional teams. All teams will be able to participate in the tournament.
Teshin wrote:Hey :) Is it too late to sign in? And may I ask why you require every single member of the teams to have a forum account? Seems rather meaningless to me.. Reply would be appreciated. Cheers
EleventhBoss wrote:Team Name: 11th Generation Bosses
Team Leader: EleventhBoss
Team Members: EleventhBoss
FirstBoss
Mr.Labco
NinethBoss
EightBoss
Leader's Email: clarencepancho@gmail.com

I have a question though. Since this is OL, what client are we going to use? Is it garena, playcybergames or RGC? Because we have some trouble connecting to garena. Please respond or email me. Thank You!
uakf.b wrote:Teshin: it is not too late to sign up. Registration ends on July 5th or something. Only the team leader is required to have a forum account (to coordinate in the chatroom and, of course, register your team), but if possible it may be better to have others in your team to register on forum in case something goes wrong.

EleventhBoss: you can either connect through the website (via a special EntConnect Java applet) or battle.net. It is advised to connect through battle.net because then you can use GProxy++ reconnect protection; by the time of the tournament EntConnect may still not have GProxy++ client implemented. We may also support Garena if needed through gcb, but that may be unstable. If needed we can also host in a PVPGN like Eurobattle.
Tommy | Visuals

EleventhBoss
Basic Tree

Postby EleventhBoss » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:30 pm

Hey admins,

We've try to connect to battle.net. however, we can't connect using that one. There is a problem in our activation code I think. I am not the one who install Warcraft III on the i-cafe we're playing, so I don't have any idea on the activation codes.

As for the EntConnect Java applet, how do we use it? We're can I download it, so we can try it out.

I don't think we can use Garena here in our place. We have problem with the connection in Garena for some reason. Which I don't know. We can only play online here through RGC. But, if we can try the EntConnect Java applet as soon as possible, we can test if we may be able to join the tourney or just back-out.

This is actually the 1st time we're playing online competition that's why we have to clarify a lot of things.

Thank You for your patience!! :)

DrazR
Aura Tree

Re: Enterprise's DotA Tournament (and registration!)

Postby DrazR » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:22 pm

http://www.dotacash.com/forums/processe ... -maphacks/

Please remove this mher from the tourney.

Thanks

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:37 pm

Thanks for reporting.
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

DrazR
Aura Tree

Postby DrazR » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:37 pm

Dont want noobs who cant play fair getting any chance of a win or anything

DA-01
Treant

Postby DA-01 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:00 pm

true, thx much...
Announcing the premiere release
of the Gnosis video :

nick13oi
Basic Tree

Postby nick13oi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:48 am

Round 2: Date - Time - (Quarter-Finals - Best of 3 series)

its bo3 now? did yall just change it recently? i like this change

JackSwift
Treant

Postby JackSwift » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:09 pm

Nah, round 2 isnt quarters, so its still best of 1, round three is quarter finals, so its bo3

Return to “July DotA”