Remove cross from Mega bot

Moderator: broud3r

Fredbull
Aura Tree

Remove cross from Mega bot

Postby Fredbull » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:54 pm

I think that cross should be removed from the Mega bot. My reasons are:

1. The game isn't balanced around crossing, and cross can be very easily exploited (i.e. it's broken as hell);
2. It doesn't motivate new players to learn how to play, and doesn't prepare them for the 1200+ bot, because there's always some higher elo player saying "cross I value" at the start and flaming if the player refuses;
3. It's just a circus seeing everyone spamming "antistuck" as if that's a fundamental game mechanic and not a way to prevent buggy units from being stuck. Might aswell just call the map Antistuck TD.

I am predominantly a 1200+ player but everytime I play mega I'm always perplexed at how awkward the games feel.

I've always wondered why cross is still allowed. Thoughts?

nicolai123
Treant

Re: Remove cross from Mega bot

Postby nicolai123 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:01 pm

I don't think there is anything wrong with cross itself, since not everyone is tryhard enough to ''prepare'' for 1200+ bot. Some people just want to play and have fun, and i think we should let them build however they want. The obvious problem is that the mega players who actually want to reach 1200+ elo, and play on a competitive level are forced into a meta where they have to play something that isn't even allowed on 1200+. IMO there should be auto -nm mode just like in 1200+, on mega bots.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:18 pm

wrong subforum. but won't happen anyway. announce -nm mode in mega for games without cross
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:32 pm

Fredbull wrote:3. It's just a circus seeing everyone spamming "antistuck" as if that's a fundamental game mechanic and not a way to prevent buggy units from being stuck. Might aswell just call the map Antistuck TD.

I cannot agree more. I'm baffled that people accept such glitch abuse and I'll always support the antistuck removal from this game.

Crossing however is a different story, it brings more variety into the game and some people simply love crossing. I've suggested -nm mode for mega once also but I can totally see why I was rejected and this topic will be also most likely.

#RemoveASorRiot
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

Fredbull
Aura Tree

Postby Fredbull » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:44 pm

Units killed by antistucked units shouldn't grant gold. I also don't understand the argument in favor of crossing. Something that isn't balanced needs to either be removed or balanced.

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:50 am

Fredbull wrote:Units killed by antistucked units shouldn't grant gold.

This is done in 1200+ bot.

Fredbull wrote:Something that isn't balanced needs to either be removed or balanced.

The problem now is, that too many people love crossing and it adds a variety to kind of static game nowadays (since most mega meta is pretty much the same, more strategic variety appears only on ENT 31 and LIHL). If the cross got removed now, a lot of people would ask for it to come back (same thing that happened to LoD mode change recently).

I still think the AS spamming has to go out of the game though :)
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

milfhunter96
Forest Walker

Postby milfhunter96 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:41 pm

I agree that As usage should be banable or removed but cross is not op. Its only good if u play against players that doesnt know what to do against it. (lvl1, split, no port bug etc etc)

Return to “Archive”