oracle on 31 to b uff only the guy who builds it pls.

Moderator: broud3r

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Re: oracle on 31 to b uff only the guy who builds it pls.

Postby Jabba41 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:25 pm

Good point @mudman
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

HodoR_
Forest Walker

Postby HodoR_ » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:13 pm

Spoiler!
MudMan wrote:
Jabba41 wrote:Isn't 31 about outrolling the enemy in each case ?
Ahead are OP down there too. Some units are worthless while others are super strong.

I don't think Oracle is broken. You can say the same for any aura down there then.

the same cant be said to other auras because they are living up to their assigned task.
troll champion gives attack+move speed to all units, so it does on 31
messiah gives mana to all mana-using towers, so it does on 31
oracle buffs the 6 adjacently built towers to it, but it does differently on 31 by buffing all units that luckily spawned next to it?

outrolling is one thing, but even if you are heavily outrolled and outvalued, oracle can still make u win a game that you are actually supposed to lose!

if you outplayed your enemy team hard and you are 3-4k value on average ahead of them, you can still EASILY lose if they have oracle. just isnt fair to scale

For those who doubt this, here's an interesting replay of a game I had yesterday. Game was really really close, (props to ineedmoreincome for the win btw) and as you can see in this replay, he totally wrecked me at the end (31+ race) . Truth be told, I would've probably lost the game anyway since he had a better roll than I did but still you can see how big of a difference oracle makes.

I think this is a really good example since we pretty much had the exact same value on both teams and the blood orcs didn't cause any major splits.

https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9978177
Hold the door!

HodoR_
Forest Walker

Postby HodoR_ » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:47 pm

@broud3r
I'm hoping this post brings your attention to this issue. I know most people don't care, as Kiwi made clear. But hey believe it or not, there's an actual 1v1 crowd out there.

Thing is now 31+ games is 100% about luck (split) or ridiculous advantages people have if they roll oracles. I'm not much of a ELO hoe, but still it's kind of sad that you get lose a bunch of points over something that is out of your control. 90% of the people playing 1s are smurfs or 800-900 elos and you get to lose 15-25 points a pop to a roll of a dice.
Hold the door!

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:36 pm

Spoiler!
Guardian Spirit
At the beginning of the level, creates a guardian spirit above adjacent units, causing them to take only 77% of all incoming damage.

Lasts the entire level.

Taking only 77% of all incoming damage is basically the same as giving them +2 armor, which blocks 23% of the damage. +2 armor is nothing, goliaths give +3 damage to nearby units and goliath's aura has a higher range than oracle. So following your logic, we should also remove goliath?

Also, I don't see the "broken" aspect of it. It is clearly specified in the tooltip that Guardian Spirit is casted at the beginning of the level and that it lasts for the entire level, nothing new here. It doesn't say that it only affects 6 units, this is only the restriction on your lane (which makes this unit mediocre early, mid and late game), but when it comes middle on a 31+ game and that it recasts on level 32 it becomes strong (mark my words, it is strong, not op, not broken... only strong). Every unit has their strong level:

Revenants, hydras, thunderbird, warlocks, etc. are strong on level 15 for instance.
Mutants, grizzly, goliath, etc. are strong (if not op) 17.
Wolverines and druids are op (mark my words, I said op) on level 10, 20 and 30, yet I didn't see anyone complain about it and asking it to be nerfed/removed or whatever.
Oracles are only good on level 31+. Why should we have to nerf it to make it mediocre on all levels of the game?
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

broud3r
ENT Staff

Postby broud3r » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:56 pm

Kiwi wrote:Taking only 77% of all incoming damage is basically the same as giving them +2 armor, which blocks 23% of the damage. +2 armor is nothing, goliaths give +3 damage to nearby units and goliath's aura has a higher range than oracle. So following your logic, we should also remove goliath?

wrong.
the default reduction of 15% stays so you take only 65% in total which is like having +6.5 armor so 9.5 armor.
If you add an goliath to it, so 6 default = 73.5% damage taken * 0.77 = 56% damage taken its like having 13 armor so + 7 even.
if you got even more armor it scales more.

just the highest possible example forsaken + mermaid + goliath + oracle means 3 + 10 + 5 + 3 = 21 armor (21*0.06/21*0.06+1)*0.77= 34% damage taken
this is equal to 32.5 armor so even + 11.5 armor.

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:00 pm

@Kiwi there is no lvl 32, it's just the way we call the 2nd wave of 31 cos it's easier, to start with. So by that logic there shouldn't be any recast at all.

Comparing a goli aura is kinda funny here - golis run in front and die and have a super small radius, while oracle lasts the whole lvl no matter what. Golis buff only units super close to them, oracles buff like a half your army while they're smushed on one point after porting. Also golis have 0 chance to buff the key units at all since all the key units are ranged. Not to mention golis prolly won't even make it to mid in many cases...

Lastly, oracles are not and were never meant to be an aura, they're a one time buff. That's why there's a specific amount of units they can buff while having to be strategically placed. Lvl 31 completely destroys the whole concept of it...

IDK how do you not see how broken it is. I'd personally buff oracle's stats a bit and mb increase the protection to like 30% while completely removing the 31 recast.

Or maybe do the similar scaling depending on value of buffed units that new overseer has.
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:41 pm

bezdak wrote:@Kiwi there is no lvl 32, it's just the way we call the 2nd wave of 31 cos it's easier, to start with. So by that logic there shouldn't be any recast at all.

Comparing a goli aura is kinda funny here - golis run in front and die and have a super small radius, while oracle lasts the whole lvl no matter what. Golis buff only units super close to them, oracles buff like a half your army while they're smushed on one point after porting. Also golis have 0 chance to buff the key units at all since all the key units are ranged. Not to mention golis prolly won't even make it to mid in many cases...

Lastly, oracles are not and were never meant to be an aura, they're a one time buff. That's why there's a specific amount of units they can buff while having to be strategically placed. Lvl 31 completely destroys the whole concept of it...

IDK how do you not see how broken it is. I'd personally buff oracle's stats a bit and mb increase the protection to like 30% while completely removing the 31 recast.

Or maybe do the similar scaling depending on value of buffed units that new overseer has.

1. You're right, 31+ is consisting of waves on the current map, which is quite sad, considering the nature of LTD. It used to continuously spawn other levels until a certain level, which was basically impossible, but when you beat it, you win. It should have stayed the same and be considered as levels still.

2. Goliath doesn't really run in front. It has 180 range, so every single melee unit will go in front of it and die before goliath does. Also, Oracle's buff has a 100 range, goliath has 200-300 range (I don't remember).

3. Removing 31 recast basically kills oracle, which is, do I really need to tell, already pure tk unit.

Finally, you guys are super stubborn so I will stop here, but oracle has always recasted in mid and it was never a issue. It's part of the RNG to get it in your rerolls if you reach level 31+. Maybe if it's really an issue, work on your calling skills and manage to end the game before 31+ :D
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

HodoR_
Forest Walker

Postby HodoR_ » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:06 pm

Anybody got the Ark of Truth handy? I think we could use it (SG reference :D)
Hold the door!

Return to “Archive”