wandigoo sucks

Moderator: broud3r

MudMan
Treant

wandigoo sucks

Postby MudMan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:04 am

Basically wandigoo costs more than blaster, and blaster is at about 2x the dps of wandigoo on rounds where they are good (14 for example)
if we take a look at other tier 5 units:
druid is useful
bear is useful
disciple is good early game yolo
apparition is useful aura late game
halfbreed is useful
cyborg can hold 14..

wandigo has no use at all!!

Few suggestions: either decrease the upgrade price from 250 to 200, or change the ability: bring back the evasion maybe? it had tank value

any ideas people?

point
Forest Walker

Re: wandigoo sucks

Postby point » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:50 am

in comparison with most of t5 units wandigoos and ancient wandigoos totally useless from start to end of games:
1. they are totally sucks 5 (4 unupped wandis have 720 value and leaking half wave lvl 5)
2. they got no any profits even if you stay low - you got no chances to manage lvl 7 vs full send
3. they also got low chances holding 14 vs send
i am totally agreed with mudman about wandis useless unit after changings

i think wandigoos were stronger in the past, but gonna be the same as cavaliers today

same thing with komodo and zombie imo. komodo maybe is a little bit useful but still rarely playable and zombies is totally useless

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Re: wandigoo sucks

Postby Hakuna » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:41 pm

Wandigoo has Charisma, it doesn't need to be a good tower.

As a real opinion though, I would compare not to things like druid and disciple which are totally different kinds of tower.

Comparable Tower:
  • Grizzly - cheaper to get upgrade, more obtainable, better damage type, better ability. Strong on many levels like 5, when upg.
  • Cyborg - expensive but strong tower, great tank.
  • Halfbreed - cheaper to get Goliath than Ancient Wandigoo, very useful aura, though not great to spam.
  • Nightmare - expensive tower but quite capable early waves as a cross tower and has decent usefulness vs medium armor.
  • Outcast - Tier 4 but directly comparable to most Tier 5 towers. Not a good tower vs most waves but not the worst tank for cost.
  • Harlot - very strong 7 holder, niche tower very strong in meta for early game. Upgrade not that useful though so drops off.
  • Komodo - Expensive tower with upgrade with dubious worth. Not the worst but definitely struggles to keep up with other t5s.
  • Wandigoo - Has decent clear speed but not that tanky even with upg. Mediocre at best.
  • Knight - Strong holder tower with good holds on ranged waves like 8 and 12 due to very fast move speed and tanky ability on upg.
  • Goblin Alchemist - Probably best tower in tier. Fast clear, decently tanky, economical, not very risky, can cross decently or solo exceptionally.
  • Druid(master of elements only) - flexible tower somewhat expensive but flexibility helps it retain value.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

Return to “Archive”