Legion TD Survival

Moderator: broud3r

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Legion TD Survival

Postby Hakuna » Mon May 21, 2018 12:56 pm

Bit of an oddball suggestion, thought I'd chuck a topic in here and see what people think of the idea.

Make a map that employs everything exactly the same for towers, waves, bounty, score calculation, etc. but instead of being 4v4 it is FFA. Map would be redesigned so that each lane runs to a separate king. King would probably use the stats from 1v1 version of map.

Mercenaries would need to be redesigned, here are some ideas:
  • When you send, every other player receives it. Mercenaries would either need to be weaker than currently, or cost more lumber, or something to prevent everyone dying from getting 7 demons if everyone sent 1, etc. Not sure how this could be balanced.
  • When you send, a random opponent gets it. All sends are semi-randomly distributed, so that one player doesn't accidentally get dogpiled by everyone else.
  • When you send, a specific opponent gets it, either randomly chosen at the start of the match or always the person on your right, etc.
  • When you send, YOU receive it. This is the most interesting way to do it, in my opinion. You would be sending instead to maximize income but trying not to make yourself leak. If this were done, the auras etc would need to be worth MORE income than normal instead of less, and units like dino that are really easy to kill should be worth LESS than normal instead of more.
  • Instead of sending Mercenaries to anyone, there would be options of spending lumber purely for income, with higher lumber costs giving better rates, i.e. 20 for 1, 120 for 7, 400 for 25, etc etc.

Why is this an interesting idea? Would give the chance for players to toy around with different fun builds without pissing off the teammates, playing alone, or going to a non-ent bot. Would potentially be a fun way to use all the content in a new way. I personally love Legion's units and waves a lot but sometimes don't feel like playing the PvP game style so do something else like Element or Gem etc.

Cheers! Love to hear your feedback on the idea.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

MudMan
Treant

Re: Legion TD Survival

Postby MudMan » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:27 am

You should look up Line tower wars.. there are plenty of different versions of that map that are similar to your suggestion; i like the idea though

xiiliea
Resource Storage

Postby xiiliea » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:09 pm

I like the idea of receiving your own sends. I prefer solo TDs so I don't need to rely on random people, and also the current LTD is just a game of positive winraters vs negative winraters.

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:26 pm

Perhaps you should try LTD 2 on steam. The game idea might suit ur needs.

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:56 am

I'd be interested to know if a tit-for-tat Line Tower Wars existed which copied Legion's towers and waves. Not sure how I'd search for that on Epicwar?

I've done LTD2, not really my speed. I don't like the send meta or the lack of towers at this point. Also 2v2 is kinda...lame.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

broud3r
ENT Staff

Postby broud3r » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:25 pm

I like the idea but want some more community input to figure out if it worth to invest the time
as its more work to do than it looks like :)

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:51 pm

The idea is very interesting! But since it is a lot of work and I don't think there would be a community gathering around this mod, I am seriously suggesting LTD 2, because some of the ideas that the OP gave here are worked on in LTD 2. The lack of towers is being worked on and the sending meta depends on the player ofc. With 2v2 you have more input on which meta you play imo. LTD 2 is not as well balanced as LTD Mega is now, but I would like to remind you that LTD Mega didn'T used to be like this. It took a long time til we had the game as it is now and LTD 2 deserves the same chance.

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:22 am

True enough about how long the game takes to become refined. Just sucks being part of the refining process when there's already this glorious game we know and love here, wanting to be played. :P

On the note of how much work it is, I have so much time I really wish I could offer to help in any way. Even if it would take time to learn and whatnot I just have so much time I could put into it I'm sure I could get to the point I could help in some way even if it was just copying data from one game into the other or whatnot.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

Return to “Suggestions”