Moderator: broud3r

Hakuna
Forest Walker

New Mercenaries: Kobolds

Postby Hakuna » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:48 am

Kobold Spearman
Cost: 60
Income: 2
Ability: Gains 1% bonus damage for every Kobold in a small radius plus 3% for every Kobold Taskmaster.
replaces warrior

Kobold Candlemancer
Cost: 100
Income: 4
Ability: Causes nearby Kobolds to enter a frenzy state whenever a Kobold dies nearby. Frenzy doubles the bonus from each Kobold's special ability for 2 seconds.
replaces whelp

Kobold Taskmaster
Cost: 200
Income: 8
Ability: Gives small attack speed aura to nearby units plus 3% bonus damage for every Kobold. Gains 5% bonus damage from other Kobold Taskmasters within radius.
replaces chariot
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Re: New Mercenaries: Kobolds

Postby Jabba41 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:54 am

I think replacing warriors with something that's isn't great against solo units will kinda break the meta in a bad way.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Re: New Mercenaries: Kobolds

Postby Hakuna » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:55 am

I disagree. Warriors is a very small part of the meta and it's not like people don't build solo units b/c they are afraid of warriors. If you get goblin alch you better believe you gonna build it and early wisp to boot. Fat chance you see someone not do it or overbuild.

I also find the warriors seat in the meta to be quite stale. It takes almost no skill to pull off a warrior send, it only matters on the first wave, it does not have any bearing on what they built only on what your team has. As such, I would gladly see warrior meta die in exchange for some new metas.

Also if you felt it was a necessity to have a unit that excels at killing solo towers, the Kobold Spearman could have a 2nd ability which gives it some extra damage when facing off against one enemy alone, like Spectre's Desolate passive in DotA.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

Return to “Suggestions”