digit skipping on timer/creep kill

Moderator: broud3r

oxoDus
Treant

digit skipping on timer/creep kill

Postby oxoDus » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:24 pm

Hi,

I have noticed that on the newest version (3.43d) timer skips digits like 73 72 71 69(skipped 70) or ygg mob kill count goes 32 31 29(skips 30). This is a bit a problem when you try to determine what tower enemy could have on lvl 1.
[see replay]
mm.w3g
(6.22 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

I have tried older version (3.42d) and the skipping did not occur.
previous version.w3g
(5.65 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

I made those replays offline via custom game so internet wouldn't affect it.
El Psy Congaroo

broud3r
ENT Staff

Re: digit skipping on timer/creep kill

Postby broud3r » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:59 am

The time between rounds is the same just the visual update interval is not stable as its based on the local players time which might differs up to one second.
I made it as a provisional solution until blizzard fixes the timer window which is the case on their current testserver version.
As soon they release their 1.30 patch i revert the timer to its original (and fix the upcoming bugs like on every patch they had so far)

The kill count gets updated every second which been the case on the original 3.41 version (and pretty sure on the 1.x versions) as well and was never touched.
Thereforce with an attackspeed of 0.9 an Ygg somethimes kills 2 units in one interval.
Having the exact killspeed would make it way too easy to determinate the enemy units especially in 1v1.

Return to “Archive”