Legion TD 3.42

Moderator: broud3r

broud3r
ENT Staff

Legion TD 3.42

Postby broud3r » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:19 am

general
this update mainly includes internal changes to increase the performance.
rewrote big parts of the mapscript with native language to increase the perfomance and fix the majority of memory leaks.
the old map had multiple 10 thousands of those leaks in a long game which are down to a few hundreds now. (for technical questions pm)
for the game this means much less delay spike and faster delay decay.
so far while testing there was no delay during the building phase after round 20 but as it depends on the slowest computer ingame it might be possible that all testers just had good computers.
another sideeffect less delay -> less clog but this is just hardly noticeable and not a solution for the global clog issue.

Fixes for clog
there were a few ideas to limit the power of early game clog but for now i would like to go with this solution.

early game
-added 30% minumum bounty on kingkills just for the enemy team the bounty increase up to 30% depending on the time the unit spend on the king.
the exact numbers are not defined yet and will decrease depending on the amount and value of units being sent.

midgame
on no mid mode units lose their collision on entering the dark green area and are slowed down by 10% movementspeed.
each following entering unit gets less slowed and after a specific amount it turns into a up to 10% movementspeed boost which depends on the value of the leaked unit.(leaking small units like miltias bowmen have no impact on the speedboost)
this should cover the problems with the old system, makes mass leaking less efficient and balance clog on race levels.

both soultions are implemented but not yet activated.
awaiting input and opinions.

Legion TD Mega 3.42.w3x
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 166 times
Last edited by broud3r on Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LTDNorb
Forest Walker

Re: Legion TD 3.41i

Postby LTDNorb » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:26 pm

broud3r wrote:general
this update mainly includes internal changes to increase the performance.
rewrote big parts of the mapscript with native language to increase the perfomance and fix the majority of memory leaks.
the old map had multiple 10 thousands of those leaks in a long game which are down to a few hundreds now. (for technical questions pm)
for the game this means much less delay spike and faster delay decay.
so far while testing there was no delay during the building phase after round 20 but as it depends on the slowest computer ingame it might be possible that all testers just had good computers.
another sideeffect less delay -> less clog but this is just hardly noticeable and not a solution for the global clog issue.

Fixes for clog
there were a few ideas to limit the power of early game clog but for now i would like to go with this solution.

early game
-added 30% minumum bounty on kingkills just for the enemy team the bounty increase up to 30% depending on the time the unit spend on the king.
the exact numbers are not defined yet and will decrease depending on the amount and value of units being sent.

midgame
on no mid mode units lose their collision on entering the dark green area and are slowed down by 10% movementspeed.
each following entering unit gets less slowed and after a specific amount it turns into a up to 10% movementspeed boost which depends on the value of the leaked unit.(leaking small units like miltias bowmen have no impact on the speedboost)
this should cover the problems with the old system, makes mass leaking less efficient and balance clog on race levels.

both soultions are implemented but not yet activated.
awaiting input and opinions.

Sound good, but could you attach the map for testing? I assume you just forgot as you always attached it when you released a new version.

broud3r
ENT Staff

Re: Legion TD 3.41i

Postby broud3r » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:30 pm

@LTDNorb currently i still private host it to make sure everything works before i attach/release a version will edit it afterwards

broud3r
ENT Staff

Re: Legion TD 3.42

Postby broud3r » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:38 pm

uploaded the map.
looks like everything works like it should would be great if someone could host and test it besides me so we can update the map soon :)
especially full house tests to confirm the perfomance would be awesome.

RadiantCrystal
Protector of Nature

Postby RadiantCrystal » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:30 pm

early game

So do we have an exact number now?
(09:54:07) Jabba41: Hello RadiantCrystal. I'm so glad you became an Admin here because green is the color of hope and whenever your presence brightens up my life i cant thank you enough to know such a person like you. [KING NOW GIVE KISSES]
Spoiler!
ChatBot: aRt)Y has been logged out (Invalid IP address).

LTDNorb
Forest Walker

Postby LTDNorb » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:32 pm

How is your Mac-compability in this version? In the current version, I noticed that Mac-Users desync around lvl 14-17 (prolly around same time as rounds go faster/slower depending on the game). I dunno whether that is something you can do something about or not. Haven't noticed those desyncs during the original 3.41 nor your other versions, although I haven't really played against/with Mac-users during your other versions.

Return to “Changelog”