Changelog 3.42d released

Moderator: broud3r

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Re: Changelog 3.42d released

Postby bezdak » Thu May 11, 2017 9:54 pm

@broud3r any chance of reposting the lost c version changelog, please? :)
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

broud3r
ENT Staff

Postby broud3r » Thu May 11, 2017 10:01 pm

nope didnt store it localy.
but its mainly the same as the b verison. overall the main difference were other optimization scripts, added modes for lihl and a bugfix on the msadjustment on leaks.
ohh and an op eggsack bug :)
These users thanked the author broud3r for the post:
bezdak (Fri May 12, 2017 8:03 am)

Swordmage2
Basic Tree

Postby Swordmage2 » Fri May 12, 2017 1:02 pm

I like:
- at all: buffing bad units and nerfing bad/unplayed units (i dont get why changed the already before often seen thunderbirds..)
- nerf thunderbirds back/change

I dont like:
- cross detection: make it a possible game mode, i dont get why we even need this, we already have "no mid"
- Removed misschance for fighting uphill during the arena, why are there hills in arena if not for the reason to make the fight more random?
- buffing the already good anti boss unit wraith and mercurial
- changes to disciple. Many people used it before as anti 10 unit... I dont get the reason why change this great unit, maybe change other rarely used units like landmine (only role is anti warrior help?) :P
- nerfing minotaur (why?)

broud3r
ENT Staff

Postby broud3r » Fri May 12, 2017 2:38 pm

Swordmage2 wrote:I dont like:
- cross detection: make it a possible game mode, i dont get why we even need this, we already have "no mid"

cross is way stronger than it should be mainly due to the wc3 engine abuse which got problems with too many units alive and leads to less movement and attacks of the creeps.
with a normal movement and attacks you would need to spend way more gold on delays to get the same result as it currently is (just 1 reason) and thereforce needs to be balanced.
Swordmage2 wrote:- Removed misschance for fighting uphill during the arena, why are there hills in arena if not for the reason to make the fight more random?

it has been a community suggestion with support.
viewtopic.php?f=295&t=107086
there is enough rng in the game already and hills looking better than no hills thats why. ;)
Swordmage2 wrote:- buffing the already good anti boss unit wraith and mercurial

Wraith and Mercurial arent bad units vs bosses but not great at all. mostly they waste their spell against mass units.
however the buff allows them to attack 1 time more within 15 seconds which means a bonus of just 2%.
Swordmage2 wrote:- changes to disciple. Many people used it before as anti 10 unit... I dont get the reason why change this great unit, maybe change other rarely used units like landmine (only role is anti warrior help?) :P

would be new to me that disciple has been a vaible choice to build against 10. the attackanimation been way to slow against mass to actually attack and the damage output was not great either.
however the reason for the change was to have a new uniq ability, another support unit in the beginning and a potentional add on round 15 while it has not that a big holding potential on its own(success or not will be shown, the strenght of thunderbird took a few month to be noticed).

landmine can be a great add on the first levels and especially on round 7 where it got a good holding potential.

with the balacing i rely mostly on my own experience and the general feedback right now mostly of 1200+ and lihl players..
Swordmage2 wrote:- nerfing minotaur (why?)

the reduced starting mana is actually a buff (which i forgot to adjust after the manareg buff) to effect more units before it uses his spell the first time especially on round 1 and 2 and 7.

thanks for your feedback and if you have any further questions feel free to pm me.

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Fri May 12, 2017 4:02 pm

Swordmage2 wrote:- changes to disciple. Many people used it before as anti 10 unit...

please, send me some replays with this... i've literally never seen building a disciple for 10 - its dps is bad and outside of 10 it's pure shit until 20+ where its upgrade can be viable with certain units, but still pure shit without those units... how can you call it a great unit blows my mind :D

Swordmage2 wrote:buffing the already good anti boss unit wraith and mercurial

and what about non-10 levels? you really want a "good" unit for one level out of 31? :) (no, it's not good for 20 since it's too cheap and takes too much space for later lvls)
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

Cool-Kira
Resource Storage

Postby Cool-Kira » Sat May 13, 2017 5:59 pm

Srsly the Disciple is dead now. he is truly changed to be average now on early levels like 1-3 but sucks hard after 5. not even worth his 200 gold cost. more likely same worth as gatekeeper or at best 105 gold. very hard nerfed. specially the atkspeed reduction makes no sense. he has no damage anyway. and if u delaying the 37 magic damage atk is kinda useless in my eyes. the area effect is a nice idea but its like he got a new spell but lost all his damage for a something useless fancy

Return to “Changelog”