D.S. 1989

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Re: Remove warriors

Postby Hakuna » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:46 am

ultralord1337 wrote:That'll be all.

Yours truly,
cringelord

I felt this way too. I wrote a thread about it.

My current feeling about it is this:

Several builds for effectively dealing with Warriors on 1 exist. If you are one of those, like me, who really enjoys playing a T5 build, I.E. Blasters, Knights, Greymanes, Nightmares, Harlots, Halfbreeds, or Timestealers, then you need someone to be able to hold for you. If all three of your allies are also doing a T5 or a vulnerable T6 (Sea Giant, Yggdrasil) or some other vulnerable build (3 Aquas, 1 EA, 2 Engi, 2 Blood Orc Warriors, etc) you should recognize this and either overbuild, using your T2 or T1 either for extra dps or extra tanking, or just switch to a safer starting tower.

The best anti-warrior builds that come to mind for me:

4-5 Aquas
2-3 Engi with scientists in front
2 Blood Orc Warriors with 1-2 Orc Warriors
Lord of Death
2 Prisoners

Some decent anti-warrior towers:

Solo lane Spawn of Dragon
Solo lane Orc Warchief
Minotaur
2 Skeletors with 2 Bone Warriors
2 Turrets with 2 T1 in front
Most T5 holders with 1-2 T1s/T2s

Once you've built so that you aren't just blowing heals on 1, now you have to play smart so that it still doesn't give your opponents an advantage. If by them sending warriors on 1, you are all able to send blood orcs on 3 with possibly 1 or 2 furbolgs too and get a heal from them, then you won that trade. If you had enough time to all get enough for furbolg on 2, that can be another option, although harder to get a heal from them. If you got a scout on 2 or even on 1 just by dumb luck, then decide your send wave accordingly. Often it is wise to quickly take note of how well you held 1 into the warrior send, decide how well you might recover, and push hard if you probably won't. If you were saving for that second Goblin Alchemist and you only got up to 150g from the kills, but your ally with 5 aquas is going to catch most of the leaks, then realize you won't be getting the second alch and weigh your options of T1-T3 or build a few wisps instead and make your send on 2 or 3 stronger. The worst outcome for the team receiving warriors is that they don't manage to punish the other team with a bigger send and that they spend all their gold trying to catch up in value and wind up behind in push. Try and keep a decent amount of push on 2 or 3 of your players so you don't get bullied into never being able to send. There is nothing worse than being undervalue AND underpush.

I still am of the opinion that warriors are not a net gain for the strategies that are in the game, I find it takes very little skill and instead all luck whether sending warriors will be a problem for your opponents, plus it's nearly always the case that you are just costing them gold but never a heal or even lumber spent on king when you send warriors. To me it is one of the most boring and pointless strategies, designed to target ELO-hunters who always cross or premades. I don't respect it as a strategy, but I've given up trying to get it removed and instead try and perfect my ability to play around it existing.

Hopefully this helps.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

bratmi
Armored Tree

Re: Remove warriors

Postby bratmi » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:07 pm

OP was 1 day early.
These users thanked the author bratmi for the post:
Jabba41 (Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:15 am)

broud3r
ENT Staff

Re: Remove Warrs strat

Postby broud3r » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:42 pm

There are already a lot of units and unit combinations that can hold warriors while pushing a wisp.
Taking a risk by pushing is present on all rounds and part of the game.
Same applies to building units against one level with are terrible on the following level/s.

The only thing i might change in the future about warriors it their rng by removing the stun chance complety and apply the stun after every 5th attack.
These users thanked the author broud3r for the post:
Brandom (Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:00 am)

alphawolfe
Resource Storage

Re: Remove Warrs strat

Postby alphawolfe » Mon May 21, 2018 2:15 am

Yes, there are way more builds that can hold warriors lvl 1 while going +1 wisp.
1. 3 sprites
2. 3 meat wagons
3. 1 unupped helicopter with 2 rifles
4. 1 gategaurd with 2 tribesman
5. 1 pyro + 1t1
6. 2 upped acolytes with 1 egg
7. 1 raider + 6 spectres
8. 1 disciple + 1 servant
9. 1 clock + 2 geomancers
10. 2 bottom feeders + tribesman or footman
11+. Some combination of the above

And then, there are builds that can hold warriors lvl 1 while going +2 wisps.
1. 5 corrupted ents
2. 2 unupped malf

In my opinion, warriors are just part of the game and requires you to use teamwork, because you have to cover your allies in case they don't build for lvl 1.

Return to “Archive”