Darkness builder text

Moderator: broud3r

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Darkness builder text

Postby Hakuna » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:28 am

The description of the Darkness builder is word-for-word copied from the Paladin builder.

I have a blurb I wrote but anything else is fine so long as it isn't literally the opposite of what it should be.

Seething with corruption and decay, the warriors of darkness seek revenge on all living things.

While I'm on the topic, the Orc builder's description is a bit poorly written. Currently it says,

Strong in melee. Specializes in healing aura (regeneration) and debuff.

I recommend changing it to say,

A strong melee race, backed by healers and warlocks to curse their enemies.

Prophet Builder says,

Powerful diviner, he can build tower from all race.

Should say something like,

Powerful diviner, he fills his arsenal with a random selection of towers from all the other races.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

Mutzii
Resource Storage

Re: Darkness builder text

Postby Mutzii » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:42 pm

I would keep the Darkness text descriptive. Something like:

Darkness: A versatile race with strong summons and powerful debuffs.

HodoR_
Forest Walker

Postby HodoR_ » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:30 pm

Darkness : Pure Dankness, gg ez.
Hold the door!

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:49 am

This is not a big change but still hasn't been updated.

As I said I don't really care what it was changed to, but being identical to the Paladin builder's text is ridiculous.

"The noble warriors of humanity employ both a strong military and powerful healer in the defense of their shining kingdoms."

Oh yes, very dark. Much scary. XD

Also Mutzi, your suggestion is good, to make them descriptive, but so many of the other texts are not that way so I guess to me I just want it to be interesting and appropriate. Lore to me is about equal with accuracy, especially given the fact All Pick is probably one of the least played game modes.

Race:
Current Description
Potentially better, more descriptive description

Beast:
The creatures of Azeroth are no strangers to war. A balanced race overall. Also pretty inexpensive in cost.
Beast: Strong physical fighters. Uses tactical slowing poisons, lacks magical power.
Mech:
Boasts cutting edge military technology. Powerful core stats, but expensive and have few special abilities.
Mech: Strong ranged combat with tanky front-line. Relies on expensive but straight-forward strategies.
Nature:
Defensive Race. Slow, but very resilient and have excellent abilities. All fighters have slight life regeneration.
Nature: Slow and steady with natural regeneration. Outlast the enemy, or kill them with your dying breath.
Shadow:
Specializes in dark magic. High damage fighters with a good balance of offensive and defensive abilities.
Shadow: Strength in numbers. By fielding many fighters you can overwhelm your enemies.
Element:
Forces of magic far older than life itself. An offensive race.
Element: Emphasising area-damage and magic, every gold spent goes a long way.
Ghost:
Having transcended the physical world, fighters have strong offensive magic and ranged attacks. Weak on defense.
Ghost: Strong focus on curses and debuffs, your strength is in crumbling the mightiest foes, but weak against masses.
Demi-Human:
A motley crew of species with similarities to the human race. Fighters boast versatile abilities.
Demi-Human: Exceptional in the early game with some potential late as well. Lacks magical damage.
Marine:
From the depths of the ocean rise creatures unlike any other.
Element: Focused on fielding very powerful fighters. Weak at the start but strong late.
Prophet:
Powerful diviner, he can build tower from all race.
Prophet: Able to build one tower of each tier, randomly provided from one of the other races. Focus on creative solutions.
Hybrid:
A strange race with no characteristics of its own. Instead, morphs into fighters from other races.
Hybrid: Towers morph into those of other races, you don't know what you will get. Maximum randomness, good luck.
Arctic:
The creatures of Nortrend, master of cold.
Arctic: Using slowing abilities and splash damage this race outpositions the enemy.
Goblin:
Goblins are small humanoids. They constantly build and repair machines and work on new ideas. Very strong in mechanical thing and firearm.
Goblin: Equal focus on offence and defence, ranged and melee. No magical damage. Good mix of single-target and area-of-effect.
Paladin:
The noble warriors of humanity employ both a strong military and powerful healer in the defense of their shining kingdoms.
Paladin: Fast and strong, can be utilized either for a strong economy or a powerful defence capable of defeating any threat.
Elf:
The first race to awaken on Azeroth. Fighters have mastered powerful offensive spells, but lack in the area of support. A haughty, selfish race.
Elf: Magical defences well-complimented by magical damage. Elegant and powerful but can be fragile.
Orc:
Strong in melee. Specializes in healing aura (regeneration) and debuff.
Orc: Luck-reliant, put your faith in RNGesus to the test. Capable melee fighters with good healers and debuffs.
Undead:
The horrifying Undead army, consists of thousands of walking corpses and powerful necromantic magics.
Undead: Can be vulnerable early, but boasts a strong end-game. Lacking strong Siege damage.
Darkness:
The noble warriors of humanity employ both a strong military and powerful healer in the defense of their shining kingdoms.
Darkness: Very powerful summoners and debuffs. Very difficult to stop once snowballing.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

broud3r
ENT Staff

Postby broud3r » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:28 pm

my optimization tool has simply overwritten the text with the paladins one :D
will change it manually for the next updates.
also i like that and will take it
Mutzii wrote:I would keep the Darkness text descriptive. Something like:

Darkness: A versatile race with strong summons and powerful debuffs.

will see if i adjust the others as well those are some good descriptions even thought nearly nobody will ever read them :roll:

Return to “Archive”