Give leaver's builder to ally

Moderator: broud3r

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Give leaver's builder to ally

Postby Hakuna » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:22 pm

Maybe someone can tell me it would give the team losing someone an advantage. I can't quite be sure myself.

Possible factors:

Builder keeps units it had in roll.

Builder is now controlled by the horizontal ally (red to teal and vice versa, blue to purple, yellow to green, oj to pink) to prevent lane having full access to two builders. If builder boundaries could be maintained somehow, the lane partner could gain control instead.

Built units stay built.

Gold and lumber from leaver are transferred to new controller.

Possible issues:

Leaver's units were crap and build was crap and now is a massive burden to maintain.

Leaver and horizontal ally both left. In this case possibly grant control of each to diagonal ally?

Built units were troll units and leaver was in game to troll.

Leaver was incomer and all gold/lumber spent on wisps is wasted. Maybe refund that gold/lumber to player who gains control?

Would be nice if there was a way to give a second economy, i.e. goldcount and lumbercount, so that the one player gaining control couldn't just spend all gold and lumber on their own lane and become huge. Though this would only be a temporary boost and the 0 bounty units would start to be more burdensome than the temporary boost was helpful I would think.

Also even if this were implemented, it should be an OPTION offered to the person who would control, not forced on them. There would be cases like where the value partner is the leaver where it's game changing to be able to keep their units, and in other cases like I mentioned where the leaver was a noob or a troll where it is a waste to keep them.

Another option potentially as an alternative to the above is just give the units to the lane partner, give them full lane build privileges, and keep both lanes spawning.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

Brandom
Armored Tree

Re: Give leaver's builder to ally

Postby Brandom » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:52 pm

I love this idea, I would do this differently tho. Imo the best option is to give acces to leavers builder and townhall/barracks to all remaining players like in normal melee ("double econome") game so they can decide who will control, it would cause some arguments but it would not force players who struggle with their own build to manage two lanes, suecider or good player could do this instead.

There are obvious pros for allowing other players to control leavers lane but I see one major con, MUCH more vk abuse, I would still like it to be implemented tho.

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:19 am

You think? I fine it so hard as it is to get a votekick (which is a good thing!) I can't really imagine people vk'ing someone just idly. Though I can admit if it didn't negatively affect them at all to do so they would have no reason not to. Problem is, noobs who get vk'd for being bad need to learn they can go on here and report it because it's against the rules for their team to do that to them. Though that being said, there are too many reports for the moderation staff I fear :/
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

broud3r
ENT Staff

Postby broud3r » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:10 am

There was a discussion about this a while ago.
Result was that the negatives including possible abuses outweighed the pros.
Wont implement that for public hosting.

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:37 pm

Makes sense but still a shame. I wish there was a balanced solution so that leavers didn't ruin games. Something like 40% of games these days have a leaver, just sucks.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

Return to “Archive”