Removing or buffing kingspell "Thorn"?

Moderator: broud3r

archol
Treant

Removing or buffing kingspell "Thorn"?

Postby archol » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:21 pm

Greetings,

ive restarted this game about 1 month ago as you can see at my profile and this spell never helped me once (!) all my games during this month (about 100 games i think this month, not that i had it each game ofc), because its by far the worst spell pre10 (especially for crucial levels like 7 or 10) as it doesnt help you at all at the crucial level 7 or 10 and is even worse than the former worst spell "Wave" in the early game as you always lose more heals with "Thorn" on 7 than with other skills.

I do agree it helps a lot at level 12 and 16 - but so does "Wave" but not in that content as "Thorn", but how does that matter if you lose so many heals at the early game thanks due "Thorn", some people told me that its the 2nd best skill in the lategame, which i greatly doubt compared to "Stomp"/"Immo", i even rather have "Wave" now compared to that spell.

In LIHL i already complained huge and often about "Wave" as its not as benefiting as "Stomp" or "Immo", but now an even worse spell got implented and makes this game even more unfair/random than it is already.

What do you think or do you think im in the wrong?

Sincerly

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Re: Removing or buffing kingspell "Thorn"?

Postby Jabba41 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:26 pm

thorn is super is ok on 5 and 8 and good on 10 and it's the best in lategame. you can survive bigger leaks then with any other spell
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

MudMan
Treant

Postby MudMan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:36 pm

thorn has already been buffed before and now its perfectly balanced..it is the only spell that can survive 12 and 16 and is pretty much 2nd to stomp on race rounds because u can snipe demons much faster than wave/immo

archol
Treant

Postby archol » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:05 pm

But the problem is you never come that far to 12 and 16 because you lose so many heals in advance already - even after we upped king at 5-10 we lose so many games at 10 or 12 already because of "Thorn" costing us so many heals on 7 ala 10.

Heres a good example (recently) https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=10318070

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:12 pm

Well if the argument is "Thorns are too weak on 7", I would offer that it becomes of vital importance to ob for 7 AND upg king. While this may seem like it's unfair compared to say, immo, I would say it's the cost of having a stronger late game ability.

Personally I would take immo over thorns as I'm sure everyone would, because being given early push room and being able to leverage the game against the opponents with losing them gold and keeping them defensive, usually leaves it up to you to make a mistake to lose rather than being at the mercy of the strong team, as your enemies are.

I like being in control.

Thorns means playing defensive and being somewhat at their mercy, though with the right team composition, such as yggs holder lane, ea/aqua/engineers push lane, alphas/wolves/turrets/abnormalities/hades boss lane, and some other lane idk maybe cavaliers, you wouldn't need to care what ability you got. Obviously I'm painting the ideal scenario, but still it's not that unusual with 4 rrs to get decent lanes.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

HodoR_
Forest Walker

Postby HodoR_ » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:58 pm

I'd rather have thorns on 10 than immo, all u need to do is up HP then u can go full inc knowing you can hold 12 ez. Also imo wave is underrated, it deals tons of damage especialy late game (25-31)
Hold the door!

Return to “Archive”