1200+ is broken by leavers trying to skip a loss

Moderator: broud3r

entgeneer
Aura Tree

1200+ is broken by leavers trying to skip a loss

Postby entgeneer » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:27 pm

Hey guys,

I don't know if that's just me, but I am really annoyed by leavers in 1200+. It's already hard to deal with people that just cannot lose a game, but this avoiding by pulling plug is really out of control.
( Example: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11245915 )

How does ELO work exactly? An option here would be to give someone who disconnects for whatever reason the whole -ELO while everyone on the opposing team gets a quarter of this ELO. Is this possible? What do you think?

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Re: 1200+ is broken by leavers trying to skip a loss

Postby Augustinus » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:38 pm

The most popular version of gproxy does not work at the moment. You could give people that disconnect the benefit of the doubt first.

Pyrosha
Aura Tree

Postby Pyrosha » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:07 pm

Augustinus wrote:The most popular version of gproxy does not work at the moment. You could give people that disconnect the benefit of the doubt first.

I agree. Unless people are using ENTconnect, disconnecting is most likely unintentional in these given scenarios with the current issue with the gProxy.

entgeneer
Aura Tree

Postby entgeneer » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:02 am

Maybe I am mistaken, but if there is no counting down to wait for a player and it just says instantly ECONNRESET is that really an unintended disconnect? It's difficult to say that and I know it's really subjective, but usually it happens on the team that is losing. Not everyone does it, but some just take the short ban instead of a loss.

devaztate
Armored Tree

Postby devaztate » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:39 pm

People PP all the time in 1200, yes its a common thing and yes there should be more punishment for it other than just a 1 hour autoxban. Its a problem and in my experience its the lowest skilled players of the LIHL community that do it the most. 1200 a year ago was a fun bot to play in now the entire community including LIHL is starting to be full of trashcans.

Stiff_Maistar
Treant Protector

Postby Stiff_Maistar » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:02 pm

@entgeneer to answer you, when players disconnecnt instantly and it says ECONNreset it is usually because their game crashed, which happens because of the newest bnet update.
These users thanked the author Stiff_Maistar for the post:
entgeneer (Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:15 pm)
What did snow white say when the dwarves saw her naked?
7-UP
https://www.facebook.com/TehLurdOfTehReingsOfficial/videos/710971672378120/

DonaldJTrump2020
Resource Storage

Postby DonaldJTrump2020 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:05 am

Stiff_Maistar wrote:@entgeneer to answer you, when players disconnecnt instantly and it says ECONNreset it is usually because their game crashed, which happens because of the newest bnet update.

lol just lol, its kinda common knowledge that people dc for the sole reason of forcing a draw....havnt had a crash since the last LTD update but have had to draw countless 1200 games cause people pp. Surely youve been in games where plugging was discussed in chat and or discord.

blazeitup
Forest Walker

Postby blazeitup » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:02 pm

Easy fix: Dont draw.

Actually I find this whole thread being invalid as they only skip a loss of you actually draw the game. If they pp they, and you know the game was lost for whatever reason, why would you even draw?

If you continue to play their game will count as a loss and they will lose the elo.

Drawing encourage the behaviour, you are the solution.

Alexxino7
Armored Tree

Postby Alexxino7 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:41 am

DonaldJTrump2020 wrote:
Stiff_Maistar wrote:@entgeneer to answer you, when players disconnecnt instantly and it says ECONNreset it is usually because their game crashed, which happens because of the newest bnet update.

lol just lol, its kinda common knowledge that people dc for the sole reason of forcing a draw....havnt had a crash since the last LTD update but have had to draw countless 1200 games cause people pp. Surely youve been in games where plugging was discussed in chat and or discord.

I haven't played too many 1200+ games lately but I can confirm crashes are still a thing.

devaztate
Armored Tree

Postby devaztate » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:40 pm

Alexxino7 wrote:
DonaldJTrump2020 wrote:

I haven't played too many 1200+ games lately but I can confirm crashes are still a thing.

only "crash" ive seen has been desync at start of games. Havnt seen a actual full crash since map update, maybe ive been lucky but also played several past 20 and had no issues

item
Aura Tree

Postby item » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:54 am

devaztate wrote:only "crash" ive seen has been desync at start of games. Havnt seen a actual full crash since map update, maybe ive been lucky but also played several past 20 and had no issues

There are still crashes on arena, and it occurred to me twice that I crashed when others did not (at least one time another person with me in a game apparently crashed). For me, I crashed on 14 and some other level after sending, so I still got my wins. For the other person, it was around (but I think before) arena.
So yes, it seems you're lucky.

Syntman
Resource Storage

Postby Syntman » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:17 am

devaztate wrote:People PP all the time in 1200, yes its a common thing and yes there should be more punishment for it other than just a 1 hour autoxban. Its a problem and in my experience its the lowest skilled players of the LIHL community that do it the most. 1200 a year ago was a fun bot to play in now the entire community including LIHL is starting to be full of trashcans.

All u do is random tradhtalk lmao, i wanner see some names for lowest skill lihl players that pp 1200. Even stating that its alot worse than back in the old days is just stupid haha.

Return to “Archive”