a idea for next patch

Moderator: broud3r

kasper699
Treant

a idea for next patch

Postby kasper699 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:47 am

i have been making a small list of some ideas for mega. some may be dumb or to hard to program but just thought to give some input in the game that i been sinking a few hours into streaming.

1st idea: it would be really cool if there was a counter near king to show the penitential king gold you may rec from the leaks to king. it sucks when your 1 or 2 gold off getting that tower because you did not know how much king gold you may get.

if that was implemented maybe an extra sec or 2 at end of round before inc is given?

idea 2: buff auras abit and make all auras work like oracle (playing to much ltd2 i think)

idea 3: an mirror match with rolls? still ph but 1 member on each team has the same rolls as other team? ( and same king spell) since its a mirror match it will take the best team work to beat the other team

idea 4: i miss the beta bot with heroes that was what got me into mega those years ago

idea 5: a vote at the start of the game and have a 0 elo game? so just for fun! do elo loss or gained. i think people would try new things and different metas if no elo was going to be lossed. ( just draw at start of game)

idea 6: an new tower like mut that you juice but used gold not wood?

idea 7: king skill cleave ( maybe thats dumb but something different)

idea 8: buy heals for wood? 5k wood for a heal?

i will cross out the ideas that people think is not as good as others and underline the ideas that people like

thank you for your time guys
test
Last edited by kasper699 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

broud3r
ENT Staff

Re: a idea for next patch

Postby broud3r » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:29 am

First of all thanks for the suggestions.
Gonna speed it up a bit already:

1. Thought about applying the gold instantly on kill to fresh the game and metas up a bit.
-> Opinions?

2. Thats something i dont like on LTD2.
However i reworked 2 units already which apply a buff like oracle to emphasize the difference between auras and buff units.

3. Would implement that if the community supports it.

4. Same as 3 but just a secondary mode.

5. If people want that they could draw the game right at the start or go for a private hosted game.

6. The T4 unit of the upcoming race has a similar ability like that

7. Something to consider.

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:30 am

regarding 1:

I think this will be a significant change in the meta, because it would allow you to push instantly during huge king leaks. This would have a really big impact on the current meta where you generally have to decide if it is worth pushing before sending lvl or not. It will make the game very different. I am not sure if I like the idea. I would prefer a gold counter for king gold.

regarding 3:

I think that is something that should be really tried. Would be the next step in LTD to play with fixed rolls, like in LoL ect...

6. upcoming race? Tell me more!

7. King skills should be a little bit like in paper, scissor, rock. If there are too many of them, the spell ability vs certain lvls is gonna "overlap" and it is gonna be a lot harder to figure out when to send or how to scout king spells. Please no more king spells.

kasper699
Treant

Postby kasper699 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:36 am

idea 1: that might be a easy alt getting the gold instantly less programming i guess that making a counter.

2. yeah i hated it to start with but it slowly grew on me after after about 70 ish games.

3 and 4. sweet i will promote it soon on my twitch and see if my ltd followers will comment.

5. yeah u are right crossed out

6. sweet cant wait

if you need any testers i would love to test. when 1200 games finish for the day its like just before noon for me since not working atm after car crash i have to much free time on hands

broud3r
ENT Staff

Postby broud3r » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:53 am

Released the preview of those fighter on the ltd beta section on discord like 1-2 month ago. Write me or the discord staff and we can add you to it.
The new version is close to be ready for some beta test but i had simply no time/motivation to work on it. especially after those patches.
Announcement should follow this week tho.

Anyway no matter what here is approved or not it will have to wait for the release after :)

kasper699
Treant

Postby kasper699 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:09 pm

i think thats fair blizzard is killing wc3..... remember there is a lot of people behind you and ltd mega. you do a good job.

i failed finding you on discord??? so i messaged tsipras.go.hell

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:14 pm

You did an amazing job balancing the game. Only then it finally became as competitive as it is now. I really hate that blizzard is gonna push us out with one lazy strike. Please know that we are really greatfull for your work.

When we won't be playing on the normal battle.net anymore, maybe it is time for a second standalone. One that is free and more close to the current ltd mega meta and balancing. With microtransactions and small rewards to get tons of teenagers hooked :D

Return to “Archive”