Clog

Moderator: broud3r

GreenLikeHerbs
Aura Tree

Clog

Postby GreenLikeHerbs » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:20 pm

I asked if clog is now fixed most of player said me yes but i got 2questions

1- When did clog as been fixed ?
2- Are players allowed to try clog now ?

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Re: Clog

Postby Hakuna » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:55 pm

The patch notes from 3.42 say that he introduced increased bounty for other team from king kills based on time unit spends near king.

I've seen the word 'clog' used many many times but nobody ever bothers defining it. Does clog mean upping king regen and letting large amounts of early waves go straight to king in order to get more lumberjack time and have a massive send on a wave like 7 to instant kill the other team?
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

broud3r
ENT Staff

Postby broud3r » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:37 pm

Story time :)
Clog on early versions meant that you leak such a huge amount that the map cant handle the pathing till the units reached the king.

On version before 3.41e by leaking over 70 units the pathing got interrupted and units didnt move for multiple seconds which increased with further leaks. this way you could easily hold 100+ leaks round 7 without blowing a heal.

version 3.41e removed the pathing of units when they entered the middle which reduced this type of clog significantly but clog still occured before they reached that area.

Another type of clog abuse been that you simply sold all your units round 4 upgrading your lumberjack to 7/4 and maxing your kings hp and regeneration while your opponents stuck on a way lower push during the 10 minutes it took to clear the wave.
Clog in that definition meant having a lot of units standing idle arround the king unable to attack due the mass of units.
With a lumber of arround 3k per player you simply killed your enemies on round 6 or 7 no matter what units they had or how much they sent as well.

Therefore 3.42 implemented that you always receive 40% of the bounty of the enemies king kills, increasing the damage of round 6 against the king and a movement speed bonus to units depending on the amount of leaks.

By reworking huge parts of the code the clog got further reduced and the pathing more smooth over the 3.42 and 3.43 versions.

But Clog still remained an issue mainly on race levels till 3.43b with an automatic antistuck system which allowed to remove clog more or less completly.
Since then i had no further complains about it.

however while i try my best to reduce any kinds of possible abuse trying to successfully "clog" might still result in a ban as its covered by the general rule:

Code: Select all

Do not purposely glitch or exploit the game.

GreenLikeHerbs
Aura Tree

Postby GreenLikeHerbs » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:59 am

@Hakuna

There is an exemple of clog game: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11609430 also one of the funnyest game i played from long time

@Broud3r

Yes brouder im speaking about this clog type of clog

Another type of clog abuse been that you simply sold all your units round 4 upgrading your lumberjack to 7/4 and maxing your kings hp and regeneration while your opponents stuck on a way lower push during the 10 minutes it took to clear the wave.
Clog in that definition meant having a lot of units standing idle arround the king unable to attack due the mass of units.
With a lumber of arround 3k per player you simply killed your enemies on round 6 or 7 no matter what units they had or how much they sent as well.

And i noticed its more hard to clog than before especially lvl 6 u take more damage, i think now clog is easy breakable strats if you use abit your brain i take by exemple the game i linked our ennemy hold the send 7 because they where op at 7 and ob, but if u have yolo unit even bad yolo unit you can also just push and send lvl win the race 7 by sending big (since your ennemie burn usually 1heal at 5 or 6) and i dont speak to clog against aqua or archer who is autolose since they can push more than u without leaking.

Anyway i found this STRAT funny i will kept to do it sometime, you free to bann me im giving u a proof of my guilty here

But i think we could also talk again about clog and debacle how we define it, because i dont see where clog is more a glitch exploit than antistuck/merge, cross whos are allowed, for me clog is a strat like yolo is a strat or holding is a strat

Please considere my appeal im pretty sure im not the only one guy who like clog game

Return to “Archive”