Blizzard Update

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Re: Blizzard Update

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:35 am

@Keelay Moved.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:09 pm

@lensmall002
If you're referring to the fact that your screen is 4:3,

Open Warcraft III => Click "Options" => Click "Video" => Click "Fixed Aspect Ratio"

Now, you should have widescreen resolutions available.

The_Archdemon
Aura Tree

Postby The_Archdemon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:46 am

Hi Blizzard just updated whats the Client GProxy new version as 28.5 wont work and says still Current version is still too old. i tried adding a letter like a b c d etc at the end of 28.5 and still nothing even went back to 28.4 and below Still nothing.. Please give me the correct number for the Clint Gproxy... Why i still use Client it Reconnects me far more then the Gproxy with a single file.. so i never left the Client version...

Alright let me know when you can give me an update on the Blizzard update version for Gproxy++ aka Client gProxy.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:53 am

Hi @The_Archdemon,

I've run into no issues with the GProxy++ Varlock GUI version even with the new update. Don't believe you require adding .5 when it asks for the version. Just stick to 28, and make sure your client is up-to-date as it still uses your install to connect.

Here is a picture of my .cfg file if it helps you with your setup:
Spoiler!
GProxy++ Varlock GUI Config.PNG
GProxy++ Varlock GUI Config.PNG (10.15 KiB) Viewed 1568 times

Hopefully that helps.

The_Archdemon
Aura Tree

Postby The_Archdemon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:06 am

Unitil wrote:Hi @The_Archdemon,

I've run into no issues with the GProxy++ Varlock GUI version even with the new update. Don't believe you require adding .5 when it asks for the version. Just stick to 28, and make sure your client is up-to-date as it still uses your install to connect.

Here is a picture of my .cfg file if it helps you with your setup:
Spoiler!
GProxy++ Varlock GUI Config.PNG

Hopefully that helps.

These are my settings.... However it Still says Version is Out of Date!

http://i.imgur.com/rTRYjL1.png

### required config values

war3path = C:\Program Files (x86)\warcraft III\
cdkeyroc = ***********************
cdkeytft = ***********************
server = useast.battle.net
username = The_Archdemon
password = *********
channel = *******

### optional config values

war3version = 28
port = 6125
exeversion =
exeversionhash =
passwordhashtype =

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:17 am

Hm... Interesting... Is your actual WC3 client currently patched for 1.28.5.7680 ?
Your config file appears to be correct, and should connect properly.

If i switch my game path to a client patched on 1.28.2 i get this error which sounds like what you're experiencing:
Spoiler!
GProxy++ Varlock GUI - Connection attempt.png
GProxy++ Varlock GUI - Connection attempt.png (13.94 KiB) Viewed 1555 times

The_Archdemon
Aura Tree

Postby The_Archdemon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:23 am

Unitil wrote:Hm... Interesting... Is your actual WC3 client currently patched for 1.28.5.7680 ?
Your config file appears to be correct, and should connect properly.

If i switch my game path to a client patched on 1.28.2 i get this error which sounds like what you're experiencing:
Spoiler!
GProxy++ Varlock GUI - Connection attempt.png

http://i.imgur.com/VbFUuDq.png

theres the patched version.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:36 am

Hm... well everything appears in order.

Guess you could try one of the following, but i honestly am not sure what the issue is that you're experiencing at the moment:
1. Try running "Warcraft III Launcher.exe" as I've been told it helps with missing/corrupt files
2. Try re downloading the GProxy Varlock GUI version from the wiki
3. Try re-installing Warcraft III with the installer on the battle.net site. Instructions on the ENT Wiki : How to download WCIII if you're unsure how to do that. The new installer comes with 1.28.5 without any need to patch.

I cannot guarantee any of these methods will work as I cannot get my instance to replicate what you're experiencing.
I apologize if none of these have been helpful, and hope you get this resolved soon.

The_Archdemon
Aura Tree

Postby The_Archdemon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:46 am

Unitil wrote:Hm... well everything appears in order.

Guess you could try one of the following, but i honestly am not sure what the issue is that you're experiencing at the moment:
1. Try running "Warcraft III Launcher.exe" as I've been told it helps with missing/corrupt files
2. Try re downloading the GProxy Varlock GUI version from the wiki
3. Try re-installing Warcraft III with the installer on the battle.net site. Instructions on the ENT Wiki : How to download WCIII if you're unsure how to do that. The new installer comes with 1.28.5 without any need to patch.

I cannot guarantee any of these methods will work as I cannot get my instance to replicate what you're experiencing.
I apologize if none of these have been helpful, and hope you get this resolved soon.

I figured it out.. You gotta Delete the old War3 that you make for Gproxy for the update because the update will not update correctly.. so the new Warcraft III that spawns from the update rename it to War3 AFTER you updated wc3 and it gets fixed.... Put that to the Helpline when someone else has this trouble.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:58 am

Perfect, glad you were able to resolve the issue.

From what i'm reading it appears that you have two files one called War3.exe (From before the update so patch on this will be less then the current patch), and Warcraft III.exe which the updater places into the installation since it cannot find the file with the proper name.

Hopefully i understood that correct. It's always good to learn ways of resolving issues to help others.
Thanks for sharing. :D

Psyclone
Treant

Postby Psyclone » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:36 pm

I had the same issue - perpetually stuck in the updating process. Running the program as an administrator didn't help. But going to the properties of the warcraft3.exe and unmarking the compatibility mode field eventually solved it.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:20 pm

Old topic for old patch, most information here may help, however, mainly outdated.

Processing.

Return to “Processed Support Cases”