Fixing Patching issues. version 1.28.3

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

PRECUM.
Armored Tree

Fixing Patching issues. version 1.28.3

Postby PRECUM. » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:49 pm

1.28.3 is out! cool! Oh but here comes the issues with installing it.

Error encountered when trying to install my patch: "vcruntime140.dll is missing"
Took me maybe 10 minutes to solve this issue. Download below will fix it. Install vc_redist.x86.exe first, and if that didn't solve the issue then try installing vc_redist.x64.exe ... This solved the issue and allowed me to patch the game and continue playing.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=52685

If you are still having issues you are welcome to mention me in this topic and state the issue and what you have tried to do to fix the issue. We can try to get you back to gaming ... and some of yall need the practice! :lol:
Last edited by PRECUM. on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author PRECUM. for the post (total 2):
Brandon11 (Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:36 am) • whiskeybound (Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:33 am)
Those who do not seek will not find.
✩☽◯☾✩

TeachRolls
Armored Tree

Re: Do you have a Patching issue? version 1.28.3

Postby TeachRolls » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:05 am

First had this very same issue but 'BlizzardPrepatch' allowed me to download the updates. Little did I know the old TFT shortcut disappeared and apparently roc&tft are merged now(?)

My resolution is completely wrong now and I used to have '-nativefullscr' on my previous tft shortcut. When I apply '-nativefullscr' to the new WC3 shortcut my screen is giving 'Input not supported'.

Thanks in advance
TeachRolls

JuMiLi
Armored Tree

Postby JuMiLi » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:20 am

I downloaded the x86 but then this error comes up after restarting wc3,
api-ms-win-crt-runtime-|1-1-0.dll is missing.... haha

[edit] Going to try restarting laptop :)
Last edited by JuMiLi on Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

whiskeybound
Resource Storage

Postby whiskeybound » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:25 am

Thanks go out to Precum. The man knows his stuff. Whiskeybound.

PRECUM.
Armored Tree

Postby PRECUM. » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:36 am

Tombamp3 wrote:First had this very same issue but 'BlizzardPrepatch' allowed me to download the updates. Little did I know the old TFT shortcut disappeared and apparently roc&tft are merged now(?)

My resolution is completely wrong now and I used to have '-nativefullscr' on my previous tft shortcut. When I apply '-nativefullscr' to the new WC3 shortcut my screen is giving 'Input not supported'.

Thanks in advance

Game window fixes or edits
@Tombamp3 Use the regular Warcraft III app. It should be 548kb in size.
The Warcraft Launcher likely won't support it due to the method of launching. Thank you for your input by the way.
add: ( -nativefullscr) after the quotation mark(") until the format looks similar to this: "C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe" -nativefullscr there is a space before the hyphen/dash that separates the hyphen and quotation mark, this is important to do correctly so the program knows where the command is entered and where new commands begin. You may also enter (-window) if you want your game to start in windowed mode- You can press ALT + ENTER on your keyboard to toggle these though so it is not a very big difference to enter that command in the Target.
JuMiLi wrote:I downloaded the x86 but then this error comes up after restarting wc3,
api-ms-win-crt-runtime-|1-1-0.dll is missing.... haha

[edit] Going to try restarting laptop :)

@JuMiLi You may have a 64-bit OS. Download and install the vc_redist.x64.exe and restart your laptop afterwards if it wasn't already fixed
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=52685 <--- find it here.

Another issue encountered after trying to launch WC3 after the patch:
We're having trouble starting Blizzard services. Please try again. If the problem persists, try restarting your computer.
Error Code:BLZBNTBTS0000005D

This was solved by entering my folder in C:\Program Files\Warcraft III and running the Warcraft III Launcher app. The Warcraft III app may also run the game after this error... Not sure if both will work ... possibly.

If you had the issues like me then you will want to place a shortcut to the Warcraft III app located in your Warcraft folder: "C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe"
or perhaps you have it located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe"
Right click the Warcraft III.exe icon and create shortcut to the desktop if that is how you prefer to launch your game. ;)
These users thanked the author PRECUM. for the post:
Brandon11 (Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:36 am)
Those who do not seek will not find.
✩☽◯☾✩

JuMiLi
Armored Tree

Postby JuMiLi » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:23 am

Not great at these "coding"/fixing shit. Ended up uninstalling and reinstalling.
Had a bit of trouble doing that too, haha.
Ended up working now but not a fan of the default setting.
Stop patching so much for goodness sakes!

Anyways, thx for attempting to help this nub ;)

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:35 am

Looks like another update is being pushed out (1.28.4) that will fix a few issues:

Code: Select all

Greetings Commanders,

We're working on a hotfix for players on XP to resolve the GetTickCount64 bug.

We're also removing the dependency on vcruntime140.dll when patching.

When encountering any problems other than GetTickCount64, here is a method to use the launcher to heal any missing or corrupt files:
1. Go to your installation folder
2. Run Warcraft III Launcher.exe

Cheers,
Classic Games

SOURCE LINK: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/to ... =5#post-93

h1ghz3nb0rg
Resource Storage

Re: Fixing Patching issues. version 1.28.3

Postby h1ghz3nb0rg » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:44 pm

Hello,

I recently did a fresh install of TFT and have been unable to launch the game since the new patch.

After installing the games from the CD's and updating, I am prompted to restart the game as usual. When the game tries to restart, the updater launches and starts another update which gets stuck at around 75%

I've tried running the launcher as admin with no luck, and if I just try to open the game exe normally, it gives me a cd-rom drive error. I also downloaded and installed the microsoft update in this thread.

I'm using Windows 10.

No matter which method I try to launch or update the game I cannot get it to work...

Screenshots:
https://pasteboard.co/GzzB8cb.png
https://pasteboard.co/GzzBDDW.png

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:12 pm

@h1ghz3nb0rg

If you have your own official CD Keys you should try using the installer on the battle.net website. The only thing you need is to make sure you have is an account registered with battle.net, and redeem your CD-keys on their website. This will enable you to download the game/installer via their site.

ENT Wiki : Download WC3

The installer patches to 1.28.3 to my knowledge (may have been updated for current patch, but haven't tested). This would be the best solution as you don't have to run the game with CD's, and you don't have to run into the issues of patching a client that is 1.27b or less up to the current 1.28.x patches. They updated how the game was patched, and a lot of people ran into issues with patching in general.

Do note, you only need to download one of the installers as they will install either/both if you have the appropriate CD-keys.

Hopefully that helps, but if you have more questions don't hesitate to ask.

h1ghz3nb0rg
Resource Storage

Postby h1ghz3nb0rg » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:35 pm

Unitil wrote:@h1ghz3nb0rg

If you have your own official CD Keys you should try using the installer on the battle.net website. The only thing you need is to make sure you have is an account registered with battle.net, and redeem your CD-keys on their website. This will enable you to download the game/installer via their site.

ENT Wiki : Download WC3

The installer patches to 1.28.3 to my knowledge (may have been updated for current patch, but haven't tested). This would be the best solution as you don't have to run the game with CD's, and you don't have to run into the issues of patching a client that is 1.27b or less up to the current 1.28.x patches. They updated how the game was patched, and a lot of people ran into issues with patching in general.

Do note, you only need to download one of the installers as they will install either/both if you have the appropriate CD-keys.

Hopefully that helps, but if you have more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks, I redeemed my CD keys and downloaded the installer but it brings me to the same place I was at before, which is downloading the update to about 75% where it gets stuck forever.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:50 pm

@h1ghz3nb0rg

Seems the installer has been updated to the patch that was released today for 1.28.5. Try downloading the installer again, and let me know if you run into any more issues. I did a few installs today to see if the patch version for the install was correct, and it was.

Alternatively, try launching the game with "Warcraft III Launcher.exe" located in the installation folder.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:18 pm

Most of these issues appear to be resolved with the more current patches.

Processing.

Return to “Processed Support Cases”