General Discussions

Get together in teams and battle in cup-style.
Kreutertee
Treant

Re: General Discussions

Postby Kreutertee » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:00 pm

I don't mean this as a personal offense, but why do you (Meshtar) think you're the only one who knows something about 1200 players? While everyone else wouldn't know anything?

You underestimate some 1200 player, you overestimate some lihl players, while none of it matters anyway?

Why do soccer clubs keep playing even if losing each game? And I'm not talking about primera division, Bundesliga, Premiere league etc. I'm talking about the local clubs who play... Wait for it.... For fun!

Yes, for fun. Easy as that. You don't waner be part of it? Fine, certainly noone forcing you.

Apart from that, as my previous speakers mentioned, this is even pre season 1 with many motivated people. So why not keep the spirit up instead of insinuating we lihlers all live in our ivory tower.

Peace. ✌

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:03 am

The capacity for drama that some of you guys have is really amazing.

Now, I have made a few very friendly and benevolent posts, and both kiwi and fate answered politely and constructive and that was pretty much it for me. It was all I needed answered and they were both kind to do so. The rest of you took this as some kind of an attack on the league, on some of you personally and god knows what else. You are treating me with almost open hostility over my view of the 1200+ bot and over the league idea, which again I made only as friendly suggestions and observations.

Anyway, I have gotten my answers so I'll drop this subject, if for nothing else, then to avoid causing drama, that is definitely the last thing that I want.

Take care, I hope to see many interesting teams in the league :)

HugMeOnce
ENT's Poet

Postby HugMeOnce » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:54 am

Meshtar wrote:
HugMeOnce wrote:@Meshtar and to anyone else not feeling confident enough to join

I think its pretty weak minded to not enter competitions where other teams are perceptibly stronger than your own. With rng and rolls any competent team has the chance to beat another team regardless of who is "better" in a bo1 or bo3. I won a 2s tournament with rocknrolled. Yes THAT rocknrolled. Yes there were mostly LIHL players in the tournament. Tin won a 4s tournament with fantouoliver, thandrin, and undeadkingpr. Yes THAT undeadkingpr. Neither of us were playing LIHL at the time. Don't sell yourself short. All the pressure is on the LIHL teams to win. If you don't win, then it doesn't matter because no one was expecting you to win. If you do win then its a great underdog story and you get eternal bragging rights over the rest of the legion community.

Like what @bezdak said the point is to have fun and to compete with people you enjoy playing with.

Remember when I beat you in the finals of that 2s tourney? @Nore

@boretkpanda It's going to be a time frame where the 2 captains are going to work out whats best suited for one another.

Once again you are talking from the lihl point of view, which is very different than 1200+. You can play for fun, and you can play to compete and to win in a game you are good at. Sometimes those 2 things can combine and that's by far the best gaming experience.
Now that being said, people playing on 1200+ bot are like 95% random guys who like to occasionally play a game of LTD which doesn't require too much immersing into the game and especially into the community, you can see that by checking forum, none of them bothers posting anything but ban requests. So unlike lihl, people play with mostly different players every day, and there is barely any player "bonding" if you get my meaning. So if you expect buddy teams from 1200+ you will be surprised very much. I know I will be surprised if I see even one such team signing up. So that leaves the compete to win motive to play. Now if you get the best players from 1200+ you can get 2 decent teams max with chances to actually compete and do something in the league. Some of those won't work together due to personal disliking, toxicity etc. so if they start with low success rates they will fall apart pretty soon.

Finally, I never said I won't compete, even with a full 1200+ team. Contrary to the impression you maybe got from these posts, I am not selling myself short, nor do I think that I am worse than maybe even half of the lihl players. But getting a team to work together from the 1200+ pool of players is much harder than you think, mostly cause of the mentality i described above. These posts weren't about me, I just pointed out that you will fail to get the numbers you expected by opening the league for 1200+ players which, I suppose was the whole point of the idea, otherwise you would just have made this lihl exclusive league.

Your posts are full of assumptions and are far from "benevolent" lol :roll:

1. Check my game history. 85% of my games are 1200 and not LIHL. Why do you think that I am unable to comprehend the environment on 1200? (not benevolent)
2. You underestimate a lot of 1200 players. You might not be selling yourself short but you certainly are them. (not benevolent)
3. Every legion tournament on ENT the last 2/3 years has always had a decent turnout from strictly 1200/mega players.
4. How many players did you think we expected to sign up from 1200 anyways? 1 team from 1200 is better than 0 teams from 1200. (conjecture)
5. If you are not speaking on your own behalf, why do you feel the need to be the voice of others? Why do you automatically assume that people will not show up from their own volition simply because of losing. (not benevolent)
6. You refer to 1200 players as "canon fodder." (not benevolent)
7. Now from the same logic that you used from my inability to comprehend 1200, why do you feel that you have the ability to accurately gauge the ability of LIHL if you have no LIHL experience yourself? (contradiction, conjecture) Wouldn't someone who has had extensive games in both LIHL and 1200 be able to accurately depict the ability of both groups?

I don't know what you expected as a response. Anyone who agreed with you, you said was polite. Anyone who disagreed with you was starting drama? :? Anyways... what Kreu said.

Kreutertee
Treant

Postby Kreutertee » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:38 am

Meshtar wrote: You are treating me with almost open hostility over my view of the 1200+ bot and over the league idea, which again I made only as friendly suggestions and observations.

Anyway, I have gotten my answers so I'll drop this subject, if for nothing else, then to avoid causing drama, that is definitely the last thing that I want.

You really need to reflect on yourself, sir. No one is causing drama, we all just spoke our thoughts. And if you can't handle an opposition, please don't blame it on us. And by far no one is treating you with "open hostility". I for example merely tried to point out you're not all-knowing. As Hug said, you're selling 1200 players short. I don't know why. And as Hug also kindly elaborated, you haven't been playing lihl, so why would you know more about it than people, who reside in both worlds?

On a last word. Many of us play 1200, some openly with their main accounts, some covert with smurfs, to play in peace and try stuff. I doubt you know all smurfs of all players.

That said, if anyone is causing drama in this matter, it's you really. You speak your mind, which is fine. But blame us then for not supporting your opinion? What an oddball move.

But as u also suggested, we can leave it here. I won't comment further on this matter as well :)

Vendeta
Treant Protector

Postby Vendeta » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:56 am

As a regular 1200 bot player , i can understanf what meshtar means. As always, 1200 bot is changing, players fromega bot are searching for bigger challenge, so they join 1200 bot.

But, i dissagre with idea to mix players who doesnt want to play with each other. We all have some players with who we love to play with, and some who we dodge. So why not make your team and having fun kicking some overrated lihl asses :D

I suggest u not to give up on LTL just because many lihl players joined, and simple say i lost in advance, make some team with good friends, and give lihl players hard time, and also have fun playing bigger challenge, 1200 too boring these days :D

Cheers!
These users thanked the author Vendeta for the post:
Meshtar (Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:44 am)
D.S. 1989

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:36 am

Friendly reminder : This is a general discussion about LTL. Please keep it to that. I think all has been said concerning Meshtar worries/concern, now we can maybe go to another subject?
These users thanked the author KiwiLeKiller for the post:
Meshtar (Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:44 am)
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

iamyoursenpai
Treant

Postby iamyoursenpai » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:50 pm

Kiwi wrote:Friendly reminder : This is a general discussion about LTL. Please keep it to that. I think all has been said concerning Meshtar worries/concern, now we can maybe go to another subject?

Wait ... kiwi doesnt join a Drama? Is this real life? :D
These users thanked the author iamyoursenpai for the post (total 2):
bezdak (Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:18 pm) • KiwiLeKiller (Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:59 pm)

Vendeta
Treant Protector

Postby Vendeta » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:06 pm

Kiwi wrote:now we can maybe go to another subject?

EntConnect - available or not for LTL ?
D.S. 1989

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:49 pm

Vendeta wrote:
Kiwi wrote:now we can maybe go to another subject?

EntConnect - available or not for LTL ?

EntConnect is available for the LTL! It will be played on ENT public hosting bots, and all bots are connected to ENTConnect.
These users thanked the author KiwiLeKiller for the post:
Vendeta (Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:59 pm)
- Beastman (2017)

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:15 pm

Consider hugmeonce team as pub team :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:21 pm

More seriously, whats about you guys having a different color and not oj? I thought Kiwi was LIHL mod and almost had a heart attack , feelsbadman.

magicpotatoes
Donator

Postby magicpotatoes » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:17 pm

At what time will we play the games? Might me tricky to set a time with such different timezones
Let's make LTD great again!

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:53 pm

magicpotatoes wrote:At what time will we play the games? Might me tricky to set a time with such different timezones

We will provide a rough schedule including every games played and the week they are played, but t will be up for captains to set a date and a time for the games.
- Beastman (2017)

magicpotatoes
Donator

Postby magicpotatoes » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:14 pm

Sounds good thks
Let's make LTD great again!

iamyoursenpai
Treant

Postby iamyoursenpai » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:12 am

These users thanked the author iamyoursenpai for the post (total 2):
magicpotatoes (Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:48 pm) • KiwiLeKiller (Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:53 am)

Return to “Legion TD Team League”