General Discussions

Get together in teams and battle in cup-style.
G0LIATH_05
Forest Walker

Time zones of LTL season

Postby G0LIATH_05 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:08 am

As you know already many of us have a job, i hope you will set up wisely the playing time for all players . ;) For example at my time GMT+2 I'm working since 07:00 am till 07:00 pm every day. So my available time will be just since 08:00 pm till 00:00 am. Congrats @kiwilekiller to make all efforts to organize such a season like this and good luck further with it mate :).

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Re: Time zones of LTL season

Postby bezdak » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:12 am

@G0LIATH_05 teams decide the time, not the staff :)
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

scrumm
Aura Tree

Re: General Discussions

Postby scrumm » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:11 am

Kreutertee wrote:I don't mean this as a personal offense, but why do you (Meshtar) think you're the only one who knows something about 1200 players? While everyone else wouldn't know anything?

You underestimate some 1200 player, you overestimate some lihl players, while none of it matters anyway?

Why do soccer clubs keep playing even if losing each game? And I'm not talking about primera division, Bundesliga, Premiere league etc. I'm talking about the local clubs who play... Wait for it.... For fun!

Yes, for fun. Easy as that. You don't waner be part of it? Fine, certainly noone forcing you.

Apart from that, as my previous speakers mentioned, this is even pre season 1 with many motivated people. So why not keep the spirit up instead of insinuating we lihlers all live in our ivory tower.

Peace. ✌

You completely missed the point of his comment.
LTD league vs football clubs :D -

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Re: Time zones of LTL season

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm

G0LIATH_05 wrote:As you know already many of us have a job, i hope you will set up wisely the playing time for all players . ;) For example at my time GMT+2 I'm working since 07:00 am till 07:00 pm every day. So my available time will be just since 08:00 pm till 00:00 am. Congrats @kiwilekiller to make all efforts to organize such a season like this and good luck further with it mate :).

Yes, we are totally aware that people live in different time zones, that some people work late, work on weekends, etc. This is why we decided to let the captains decide on their own the exact time the matches will take place.
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

magicpotatoes
Donator

Postby magicpotatoes » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:49 pm

Whats the rules about dc? autodraw or other team have choice?
Let's make LTD great again!

FateStayNight
Forest Walker

Postby FateStayNight » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:50 pm

magicpotatoes wrote:Whats the rules about dc? autodraw or other team have choice?

since its easy to get gproxxy, its up to the opponent if they want to make a regame or take the win.

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:29 pm

if theres a dc for some1 without gproxy id srsly punish him and never draw

people gotta learn

magicpotatoes
Donator

Postby magicpotatoes » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:01 pm

Btw do we have to play a serie with 4 same players or we can change every games?
Let's make LTD great again!

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:36 pm

magicpotatoes wrote:Btw do we have to play a serie with 4 same players or we can change every games?

You can change ofc.

Actually, you are strongly encouraged to change your lineup and to make sure all your players play, since a player needs to play at least 2 games during regular season with his current team to participate to the playoffs.
- Beastman (2017)

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:27 pm

I have a question considering the points.
A game is won when a team reaches 2 points, so it is 2-0 in the fastest case. But, if a game actually starts off with a 1-1, more points are given, since it will end 1-2 or 2-1, respectively. So, stoping at 2-0 could be considered unfair, because those points are actually important for the ranking in the league and the losing team could still make a 2-1, but also the winning team could still make a 3-0. You haven't written anywhere in the rules, when a match is ended, only that it is won with 2 points. Maybe you should clear this point or change the system to fixed points for wins and make the single game points only 2nd ranking. What you think?

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:44 pm

Jamo wrote:I have a question considering the points.
A game is won when a team reaches 2 points, so it is 2-0 in the fastest case. But, if a game actually starts off with a 1-1, more points are given, since it will end 1-2 or 2-1, respectively. So, stoping at 2-0 could be considered unfair, because those points are actually important for the ranking in the league and the losing team could still make a 2-1, but also the winning team could still make a 3-0. You haven't written anywhere in the rules, when a match is ended, only that it is won with 2 points. Maybe you should clear this point or change the system to fixed points for wins and make the single game points only 2nd ranking. What you think?

Yeah he is right, considering that the total amount of points matter all 3 matches should be played even if the result after 2 games is 2:0
Last edited by Meshtar on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

ForFrodooo
Aura Tree

Postby ForFrodooo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:52 am

iamyoursenpai wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd-WZsNEU2c

:lol: SENPAI lol

I'm also a little confused about the "point thing". @FateStayNight or @kiwi , if one of u could be kind enough to clarify, would be great <3

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:47 am

It's clearly written in rules that 2 wins end the match so ye, it can end up being 2:0. It could've been also 1 point for every match if there wasn't any irregularity and I like the point system.
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:24 pm

Well I think it wouldn't be fair if a team who loses 2 games and could potentialy win 3rd game gets no points, whilst the team who won first or second game but lost the match still gets 1 point.

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:46 pm

Ok, I'm not sure I actually understand all your points in this debate, but I will try my best to explain the current point system and the reasons why we decided to it this way over another.

First of all, I do understand your point of it being unfair if the match ends after 2 games, since the losing team could win the third game and snatch a point out of this. But it's important not to forget that the matches are Best-of-3. If we make it always 3 games, it wouldn't be a Best-of-3 anymore.

We thought, at first, to give a point only to the winner team, but after reconsidering our decision, we decided to give a point to the losing team if they managed to win a game. However, we decided, for the reasons listed below, to end the match as soon as a team wins 2 games.

> If we allow teams to play 3 games, even though a team won the first 2 games, it would create 2 possible scenarios :
  • The team that won the first 2 games also wins the third game, winning 3 points.
  • The team that lost the first 2 games wins the last game, making it 2-1 point-wise.
Personally, I think doing so would be unbalanced and would only create even bigger gaps between top teams and bottom teams.

> Also, we do think it should be part of the strategy to deny points to the enemy team.
  • Let's say a team tries hard and manages to win the first 2 games.
    • This team, doing so, prevents the other team to win a point and that might make the difference in the end of the season, which is the strategy aspect I was talking about.
  • Also, when losing the first game, a team will have to win at least the second game, otherwise they won't be able to score any point at all for the match.
However, please remember that it is the first season, and that we can change it for next seasons if we feel like it needs to, or should, be changed.

=====================================================================================

Maybe it can help if I bring it this way?
Spoiler!
When thinking of the point system, I had in mind that a match would be 2 games :
  • If a team wins the 2 games (in regular time), the winner gets 2 points and the loser 0 point.
  • If it is a tie after 2 games (1-1), the teams play another match, considered as an overtime. The winning team wins 2 points, the losing team 1 point.
These users thanked the author KiwiLeKiller for the post:
bezdak (Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:54 pm)
- Beastman (2017)

Return to “Legion TD Team League”