Captains + team draft in the future?

inQ
Forest Walker

Captains + team draft in the future?

Postby inQ » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:40 am

I like the idea of creating your own team (who doesn't want to play with close friends?) but I think in order for this Team League to really draw in players of LTD, maybe we can rotate seasons where we can pick our own team and have a captains draft where notable players are chosen to become captains and picks players from a pool. Players would have to sign up in advance and captains would pick teams just like Fantasy Football or something. Although it may be frustrating for some, I think it will also give opportunity for lesser skilled players to become better and create opportunities for new friendships.

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Re: Captains + team draft in the future?

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:28 am

See my reply to Meshtar here :
Kiwi wrote:
Meshtar wrote:Well, ok then I will be the first :D

Since the posted rules aren't completely clear on that account, I would like to know is there a set numbers of players in team who must come from lihl and set number of players who must come from 1200+ etc? If I read the rules correctly, it says that only one out of 5-6 team members has to be from 1200+ so that theoretically means 5 possible lihl players in team? Doesn't that kinda defeat the whole point of mixing lihl and 1200+? I don't want to be negative, since I think this idea really is great in general, but if thats how rules stand I suppose most of the lihlers will stick to their mates and you will have most of the teams who are either 80% lihl or 100% 1200+ with some random teams from mega and most of the teams will end up as canon fodder. There is currently not more than 5-10 1200+ players (if even that many) who can play, lets say, close to the lihl level. Plenty of average or decent players, but players who , if they are to form their own team, don't stand a chance to achieve wins against anyone but teams of similar quality players or megas.

Either way I would appreciate it if you could clarify some of these points to me.

Peace,
Meshtar :)

edit:

Two of the teams that signed up already proved my point ;)

I think you are right. We thought of it at first and we figured out that teams will be most likely unbalanced. However, it is important to acknowledge that this is the very first season of LTL and that we have to explore the limits of what is possible with the amount of players that we can get. Also, we think that forcing teams to be composed of X amout of LIHL players and Y amount of 1200+ players would ruin the main idea, having fun teams with your friends.

We will keep your ideas in mind though and maybe we will be some special seasons eventually where every teams are random, or where team's captain needs to draft their players.

I think it's a good idea, but we'll have to see first season how it goes. Actually, everything will depend of first season :D
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:37 am

Yea, I guess see how 1st season goes. But I think this draft thing might be a more interesting idea. Better than randomly shuffle lihl players into 1200 players or stuff like that. This draft thing I like, sounds cool.

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:40 am

Maybe we could add a player pool of people who didnt got a team but interessted and ez draft them

Vendeta
Treant Protector

Postby Vendeta » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:45 am

Draft would be cool also. If players wants to join in season 2 for example, we make a draft and transfer players, of course, if number of teams is maxed.

There are so many fun things we could do in this league, and i think it will be a great project.
D.S. 1989

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:05 pm

We have some very nice suggestions here, will archive it.

Nonetheless, we will certainly keep those suggestions in mind when it comes to planning the 2nd season.
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

Return to “LTL Archive”