Questions regarding picking up free agents

inQ
Forest Walker

Questions regarding picking up free agents

Postby inQ » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Trades
Every team can proceed to 2 trades for free during the regular season.
Every additional trade will cost 1 point to the team.
A captain cannot be traded.
If a team starts the season with 5 players, it can draft a player for free and it won't count as a trade.

I wasn't able to find anything regarding free agents so these are my following questions:

1. Is anyone not currently signed up for LTL considered a "free agent"?

2. If there is someone on your roster spot that has been inactive for a significant amount of time, can the said player be added to an "injury list" until that said person can come back? I.e. Let's say we have a 6 man roster but 1 person has been inactive due to personal reasons / emergency. Can we put that person the disabled list- pick someone, and remove new player when the original person returns?

3. What's the protocols for dropping a player due to whatever reasons? I know there's 5 trades allowed per season until you're penalized a point.

Thanks in advance

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Re: Questions regarding picking up free agents

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:34 pm

1. I will edit my post and add that a trade can be either between 2 teams or for a free-agent.

2. We do not have such a list for now, we might consider it for next seasons depending on the issues we face during this season. If someone is inactive for any reason, you can either keep him or trade him for a free-agent.

3. Dropping a player is considered as a trade, so I would recommend to simply trade him for a free-agent or for another player from another team instead.
** It is clearly indicated that it is 2 trades before you start to lose points for a trade, not 5. **
These users thanked the author KiwiLeKiller for the post:
inQ (Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:16 pm)
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Re: Questions regarding picking up free agents

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:48 pm

No further question, archiving.
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

Return to “LTL Archive”