G-Dragon

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

noxxish
Forest Walker

G-Dragon

Postby noxxish » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:25 pm

My complaint is new moderators adding notches to their belt (g-dragon joined 2017... new..) Flipant banning to create the illusion of doing a GOOD JOB, is just bullshit! New member mods, should understand when someone that has been in this community for years with minimal problems, isnt just blatently breaking the rules. Some plasticity would be needed to be a decent mod. Now Im only saying being logical and not abrupt as a robot trying to find every single technicality. G-dragon banned me, and during a pm messaging it became more of an argument. In the midst of argument mentality goes from "i do not mind unbanning" to "you will not be unbanned/reduced time." I admit i probably upset him, i wasnt posting with flowers and rainbows. But when admitting that going afk and being autokicked is a shorter ban time, and i should have probably done that.... Now if anyone as ever played a LoD game knows very well it is not balanced it can be very one sided, with lots of complaints and confusion, and is not a game to be banning ppl on every single technicality such as a 4 minute afk at the very end. But lets add notches to our belt and suggest to purposely break rules for an autoban better than being reviewed, because new moderators need to make a name for themselves!
"If two wrongs don't make a right, try three." Laurence J. Peter

Hatedmaru

Re: G-Dragon

Postby Hatedmaru » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:25 pm

I'm guessing this is the appeal you're referring to viewtopic.php?f=25&t=106771 (to which your attitude was terrible to begin with - When players are banned, you're supposed to do 2 things: 1st) Learn/acknowledge what you did wrong (which rule(s) you violated), and 2nd compromise/ensure it doens't happen again in the future) - Do you see any of the following there? Cause i don't.

Being afk is bannable itself (obvious the afk duration will impact on the ban duration, but that's it) - And well .. if you have to afk for a long time (unexpected afk), it's best to leave and take the autoban, at least ur team can still use ur hero/gold, etc (Note: Not saying that leaving is the best choice (considering leaving is bannable as well), but if u have no other choice but to afk for a long time, just leave and take it - mb not the best for you, but best for the team/game);

Overall ensure you have enough time to play a game, so that you don't have to afk; However if you have to afk, judge whether ur afk will be short or long and how it will impact ingame (Is it an afk at start for 1-2 minutes? prolly not that bad; Afk for 2-3 minutes near the end, where u got a chance to defend and comeback? Prolly will have a harder effect on the game result, also known as you/your team losing); So if something comes up and you have to afk, it's best to leave and take the autoban, instead of afk'ing (Both are bad, don't take me wrong - but at least if you leave, ur team can use ur hero, items, gold, etc while you being afk ur just sitting there useless)

Now going to your comments:

new member mods, should understand when someone that has been in this community for years with minimal problems, isnt just blatently breaking the rules.
It does't rly matter if ur new or old on the community: If you break a rule, you're banned (like every other member, moderator or not); Your history of bans might affect the ban duration, but it doens't change the fact that going afk is bannable duh.

Also, regarding your appeal, yes it common sense to at least inform your team you had to go/afk (You dont need to tell exactly what happened, but at least let them know, for a matter of courtesy)

All in all, you're pretty much bashing on G-Dragon for no reason: If you had appealed, understood your wrong doings and ensure you'd act different, im pretty sure u would have ur ban reduced/removed, most likely; Again ENT vision while banning players is not to keep you banned for the most time possible, but to ensure the said player learns that violating rules have consequences (aka ban), and that he will do his best to ensure it doens't happen again

My 2 cents :d

Rain-
ENT Staff

Postby Rain- » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:30 pm

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=106771 is ban appeal by OP

Now in the appeal i've tried to explain several times that going afk whether full 5 minutes or not is clearly bannable and asked him to read the rules or ask other admins if he has doubt on my reply. You may check that ive repeatedly mention the rules to the user on the appeal post also I will include
my pm with the OP none were edited i copy pasted the exact words that ive sent to user.
My msg to user In order

Spoiler!
Sent: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:47 pm
Recipient: noxxish

i do not mind unbanning but you have to watch replay before you comment saying ban is not fair.
If you must go afk you must tell your temmate that you have to be away for little for w.e. reason and if its going to be long one you might as well leave and receive autoban instead of afk ban which are longer.

Spoiler!
Sent: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:55 pm

I simply stated the rules
I gave you directions watch replay
see how long you were afk for
you afk and team lost game by the time . you were in fountain when other team was raxing this is clearly against rules even if you were afk for 2 minute you would be banned the same way any other admins would.
If you do not think this is true you can ask them.
However i will not unban unless you can follow directions watch replay, or read ent rules again since you are not believing my words that your ban is justified ban that any other admin would ban the same way

Spoiler!
Sent: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:20 pm

here ask seriouslystrange since he was reading the topic . you may pm him and ask

As we can see clearly all 3 message I've tried to explain to user about rules, asked him to watch the replay, read the ent rule he did not reply to single of them nor ask opinion from 2nd mod which again i asked him to do several times. He did not follow in anyway. I have not reacted in anyway anger,bitterness as you can see from appeal post + message. Simply stated rules and asked user to watch replay, check ent rules, and if he didnt agree that he could ask for other mod's opinion.

I'd like to stay away from this complaint unless staff require any other information ; as they will handle it way it is suppose to be.
Thanks =D

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:30 pm

Banappeal: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=106771
Banrequest: viewtopic.php?t=106578

Regarding the ban:

You respawned at fountain at 32:29.
-> Stayed at fountain until game ends at (35:46 / All) EbashZalavash: This game was hosted by GHost++ (www.ghostpp.com).
-> You were afk for 3 minutes and 17 seconds during a critical point in the game

The ban is thereby legit as you were afk for 3+ minutes at an very important point of the game.

Regarding the appeal:

my bathroom break unannounced didnt change the outcome of the game.

-> You say you had to went to the bathroom.

Code: Select all

(33:21 / All) lou: Gg finish
 33:24 <lou> 0x10: Immediate order: holdposition (flags: 0x0000)

-> You were afk for already more then a minute when you said this and went into hold position behind fountain. On top of this you used !ff several times during the game.

The "i went to the bathroom" story is very weak and i honestly dont believe it at all, considering your ingame behaviour.

In the appeal you not showed that you understand your wrong doings in anyway and just blamed others .

I dont see ANY abuse of G-Dragon here. Only because someone is new in staff doesnt mean hes doing it wrong. No matter how long someone is here, if hes part of the staff or w/e, they get treated the same when it comes to bans and appeals. You dont get a free pass or special treatment just because youre playing here for long.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:38 pm

On first sight, it looks to me like a baseless complaint, and I would not have approved it because you failed to provide either links or proofs (PMs). Looking further into the complaint, I confirm that it is groundless.

I'm still unsure what you're complaining for, to be honest. Is it because he's "showing off" as a new mod and banned you? In other words, you're complaining because you broke a rule and got banned for it... Instead of taking the blame for what you did, you try to blame it on a moderator who was merely doing his job.

I would therefore like to remind you that you are ruining one's reputation by taking complaints too lightly, so careful with that. However... @[G-Dragon] , I would also like to remind you not to process ban appeals that call you out for abuse.

Complaint denied.

Return to “Processed Cases”