Unfair ban

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

DrChemba
Forest Walker

Unfair ban

Postby DrChemba » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:59 pm

this was the ban request
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=108780&p=428004&hilit=april2017#p428004

my appeal
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=109012&p=429067&hilit=april2017#p429067

2nd opinion
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=109080&p=429320&hilit=april2017#p429320

when asked why i was banned kiwi said
You are banned for teamkill as your allies didn't want you to stall time on 8 and to waste a heal, they even wanted to go 18 attacks. This was never a heal if you used shockwave.

This is the chat during level 8
Spoiler!
(15:47 / Allied) Castiell: att 18?
(15:50 / Allied) Charlotte: no
(15:51 / Allied) April2017: nah
(15:55 / Allied) April2017: we go for time
(15:59 / Allied) Charlotte: we cant aford
(16:02 / Allied) Charlotte: hp and full regen
(16:06 / Allied) April2017: its 1 heal
(16:17 / Allied) Charlotte: wave
(16:19 / Allied) Charlotte: wow
(16:22 / Allied) Charlotte: he doesnt wave
(16:23 / Allied) Charlotte: LOL
(16:27 / Allied) Farook: :)

my questions are
1>"allies didnt want you to stall time"
how did u reach to that conclusion (1v1 vote) not team vote

2>"they even wanted to go 18 attacks"
completely false

3>"This was never a heal if you used shockwave"
i still think it was a heal but it was 1v1 vote again to use wave and not

so again i need to ask what rule did i break ?

to which jabba said
After further investigation i kinda agree with kiwi here. The decision was bad imo, never the less did we both agree that you served some time and after reading your appeal we understand that you didnt had bad intentions and get your point.
In the future try to communicate better, your ingame behaviour made it a little hard (you flames a little and got !muted) Could have been avoided easily. This ban will stay in your history.

i didn't get the ban reason yet
what rule did i break ?
last answer i got was "bad decision"
is it bannable ?

I want a reason what rule i broke , i have put in enough time looking at the replay and asking mods
they lied or have no answers

so this is my last resort

Im_Halp
Treant

Re: Unfair ban

Postby Im_Halp » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:18 pm

Clearly this ban is incorrect. Kiwi defending the ban is ridiculous at best. As Chemba stated, kiwi said:
"@DrChemba
You are banned for teamkill as your allies didn't want you to stall time on 8 and to waste a heal, they even wanted to go 18 attacks. This was never a heal if you used shockwave."

As far as i can tell it was 2:1 to go for time. Charlotte wanted to max hp/regen to make the level last longer and so did chemba. Since they wanted time obviously he would not wave as it would make them kill the creeps faster.

If charlotte was upset with the outcome of not going for 18 attack then that is tough for them and Chemba should have never been banned for this.

"they even wanted to go 18 attacks" i mean what kind of nonsense is this, all you have to do is check the chat log and this is proven false.
As far as something "never being a heal" that is a speculation. You can not assume the player is "pro king", just like you can not ban a new person for not being "pro king" or for not giving up the king even when you ask, this is the same situation so that is no defense for kiwi's decision to ban this player.

As a final note, Jabba said "this decision was bad imo" according to Ent rules, there is no rule that says "you can be banned for a bad decision in the mods opinion". Especially when the "team" (2 to 1) came to to the decision to go for time, and not to go 18 attack.

@drchemba you were unfairly banned. And for the reasons you provided you are correct that you should not have banned and that you did not break a rule.

DrChemba
Forest Walker

Postby DrChemba » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:29 pm

I would also like to request to not close this topic before we come to a conclusion . Like my prev appeals where the ban reason was either false or not valid in my opinion
I mean no offense to anyone . Its just that i am not satisfied with the reasons i got and how mod/mods tried to cover it .
Saying that i almost served the full ban , as the unban didnt really help in the last few hours anyway

KiwiKiller[QQ]

Postby KiwiKiller[QQ] » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:41 pm

You were banned, as I told you many times, for teamkilling. You failed to control king properly on purpose. You took the very fast decision, on your own, without consulting your allies, to use a heal for absolutely nothing.

None of your teammates agreed with you, as I told you in your 2nd opinion request :
KiwiKiller[QQ] wrote:Just to answer to your quote:
Player [Castiell] was ready to got for 18 attack to save the heal, player [Charlotte] said no, because she thought you would use wave.
Also, after you wasted the heal, players [Charlotte] and [Farook] said this :
Spoiler!
(17:49 / Allied) Charlotte: he wants to send 10 vs double ea
(17:53 / Allied) Charlotte: and lose heals on 8
(17:55 / Allied) Charlotte: very smart
(18:32 / Allied) Charlotte: just watch we lose this
(18:44 / Allied) Farook: i also feel like it

Also, you just said "we go for time" and you never actually asked your teammates.

Your first appeal was not even an appeal, it was a post crying about unfair ban, you didn't actually asked for an unban. You asked for answers, I gave you answers.

You then post a topic asking for second opinion. @Jabba41 replied to you second opinion and agreed with my decision.

Furthermore, as you quote the chat from level 8, if you didn't have a toxic behavior throughout the game, player [Charlotte] would probably not have ignored you, so you could have seen that neither him or player [Farook] agreed with you.

I do not see any abusive or unfair ban here.

LTDNorb
Forest Walker

Postby LTDNorb » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:56 pm

On that case I don't see a teamkill as his team won. I could understand the fuss if they lost because another heal would have been enough to win, but they held vs lvl 15 send of opponents and won on 17. There was no race or loss.
"Refusal to cooperate" maybe at best. Oj had ignored him, so he only saw 1 person ask about 18 att and both oj and he said no to that. So not really that either.
"Toxic behaviour" definitely, but this wasn't listed among the reasons for the ban.

ahols91
Treant

Postby ahols91 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:19 pm

100% agree with LTDNorb.

The ignoring made it nearly impossible to come to a conclusion whether to 18 or not. Time was limited aswell. It's not like you can pause and discuss it.

Another dumb br decision made by this mod. Is he a fruit, or a person? I honestly dunno.
'ddddsasdf

DrChemba
Forest Walker

Postby DrChemba » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:42 pm

You were banned, as I told you many times, for teamkilling. You failed to control king properly on purpose. You took the very fast decision, on your own, without consulting your allies, to use a heal for absolutely nothing.

and i asked you many times how did i teamkill , thats the whole point !!!
You failed to control king properly on purpose

another lie , how do you reach to such conclusions
You took the very fast decision, on your own, without consulting your allies, to use a heal for absolutely nothing.

i didnt take the decision alone , i typed it out and when noone said "no dont go for time" i took it as a yes ?

and that chat you show above in spoiler how is that relevant ? it is after level 8

Your first appeal was not even an appeal, it was a post crying about unfair ban, you didn't actually asked for an unban. You asked for answers, I gave you answers.

why should i apologize for something i didn't do and don't regret ? it was not a appeal to reduce ban . it was "unfair ban" appeal

ty halp for the support
i dont want anything from this
i just wanna know if my ban was legit or not ,and if yes what rules i broke

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:49 am

Honestly I follow this case since the first appeal, because i know Chemba from LF's stream and videos and i couldn't believe a player of his qualities would TK in mega.

This case is indeed an unfair ban and in the second appeal, covering colleague's ass. The whole thing is based on Chemba's wrong situation evaluating (maybe, but I also think the healing was avoidable with a good wave, we'll never know tho) and close to no team communication. If that was the valid reason for banning, there would be 50% brq increase from mega (at least). He never tried intentionally give advantage to the enemy nor lose, he just chose to sacrifice a heal (that he thought was unavoidable) to gain an advantage for himself. You can call it a bad decision or a noob moment, certainly not a TK though.

What also amuses me is Kiwi's statement about 18 att which was completely wrong and he even tried to defend it. He never admitted to be wrong nor apologized. also his quote
Also, you just said "we go for time" and you never actually asked your teammates
was ridiculous. This would mean that every strat caller in mega is a solo player and could be banned for his calls. He made a call and nobody disagreed until it was too late. Argumenting with a past-incident chat doesn't need more commentary than it's completely irrelevant.

Chemba has my full support here.
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

KiwiKiller[QQ]

Postby KiwiKiller[QQ] » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:00 am

i just wanna know if my ban was legit or not ,and if yes what rules i broke

It was legit. I already told you, you teamkilled.

The outcome of the game doesn't influence the teamkill aspect. Actually, you could also see it from the fact that enemy team didn't even heal on 10, while your team did.

As for the 2v1 thingy you're talking about, this is wrong. It was 3v1. You did what you did against everyone in your team. Just take a closer look at the chat and you'll see. I already told you many times, but you are clearly too stubborn to let it go.

matdas
ENT Staff

Postby matdas » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:38 am

I do believe not waving on wave 8 was a team kill move. Your attitude was extremely toxic as well. Your appeal was accepted after serving some well deserved time off from ENT. I hope your attitude changes.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:41 am

Ok first of all:

I want a reason what rule i broke , i have put in enough time looking at the replay and asking mods
they lied or have no answers

so this is my last resort

-> This is just not true and you might have read the complaint forum rules beforre posting here. They state:
Complaints may no longer be used as a replacement of the PM

My PM towards you:
Spoiler!
Re: Your question
Sent: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:46 am
by DrChemba
Sure okay , i just feel justice was not done to me . I watched the replay a few times and i am very confident that i didnot break any rule . So i waited patiently on my first post , it got closed without answers . So made a 2nd post . Still no answer on what rule i broke . I was hoping for a compensation on my unfair ban , rather if it is going in my ban history i have know the reason what rule i broke.. I am off for now too . And enjoy the weekend . We can talk on it later whenever you habe spare time

Your question
Sent: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:39 am
by Jabba41
"Looking for a valid ban reason
Unread postby DrChemba » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:30 am
Your Warcraft III username: April2017
Realm/Gateway: useast
Why are you banned: teamkill
Why you should be unbanned:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=109080

After further investigation i kinda agree with kiwi here. The decision was bad imo, never the less did we both agree that you served some time and after reading your appeal we understand that you didnt had bad intentions and get your point.
In the future try to communicate better, your ingame behaviour made it a little hard (you flames a little and got !muted) Could have been avoided easily. This ban will stay in your history.

Youre unbanned now, and dont throw around with "abuse" claims here...

Why will the ban remain in my history ?
What rule did i break?
Bad decision is bannable ?
Take your time . No hurry on this
@Jabba41"

Hey, i wanted to go to sleep and kinda chill now :) Reply here and we can talk about it in PM. No need to spam the appeal section there, its not what this section is intented for.

Have a great weekend :) i answer you neatly on the question soon

-> You just got imapatient, even though you told me youre not in a hurry. So stop telling this was your last resort and no one was answering you. Bad manners.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the ban:

KiwiKiller[QQ] wrote:Anyway, I'll let other mods process this.

-> I did this, so you might see "lack of communication" between me and him which leads to different views on the ban itself.

The 2 days ban for this was not legit, right. It could be worth a warning though and i agreed with kiwi there.
Because:

You obviously didnt cared about the calls/decisions of your mates during that time.
Your behaviour ingame shortly before was toxic and uncooperative.

Code: Select all

(14:14 / Allied) Charlotte: full up
(14:17 / Allied) Charlotte: they hard 8
(14:17 / Allied) April2017: stfu
(14:29 / Allied) April2017: "full hp "
(14:30 / Allied) April2017: tard
(14:43 / Allied) Charlotte: noob we barely made it to hp 11
(14:47 / Allied) Charlotte: to take advantage of heal
(14:51 / Allied) April2017: tard
(14:53 / Allied) April2017: learn to play
(14:56 / Allied) Charlotte: !ignore april
(15:01 / Allied) April2017: follow calls
(15:03 / Allied) April2017: and u fine
(15:09 / Allied) April2017: dont use your stupid small brain

Of course making bad decisions isnt banable, what made me think its worth a warning is the lack of will to communicate and consider the things your mates say, you just felt superior above all.
The whole thing is hard on the edge of whats legit and whats not, i agree there with you.

As you were banned already for 2 days, i lifted the ban. Bans always stay in th history (we just cant delete them) it was just an FYI. I could have like unbanned you and changed it to a "refusing to cooperate" ban/warning which then would stand above the old ban, but i doubt this would make your history more clear (considering there will be mods who might review stuff against you in half a year or even later) and i expect my fellow mods to actually click on the BRQ TID linked/the appeal TID linked in a violators history before considering it for multiple offenses, which here would ever happened after reading the appea(s).

You might wonder because of the answer i gave you on the appeal. Well, it's always better to stay nice and try to solve an issue in a good, mannered way and not openly degrade someone for his (honest) mistakes. Thats why i used the wording of "we", actually wanted to hit kiwi up on that topic the next day. But then you already posted your complaint, even though you said youre not in a hurry :)

And on your appeals: The first one you didnt wanted to appeal after you got a reply, not anyones fault except your own.
2nd appeal was handled and you got unbanned after you explained yourself neatly.
-----------------------------------------------
tl;dr original ban length too harsh, got unbanned, was too impatient to wait for PM after approaching him, ban/warning itself is on the edge different mods might judge differently here (no big issue at all), no abusive behaviour.
-> Thats my opinion :)

EDIT:
As many people were posting here, dont bother to reply on my post in here. I wont answer on this complaint, stated my point, if you want to talk do on discord or on PM if its really needed.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Return to “Processed Cases”