Dumb rule or dumb mod?

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

RikiSmokedFirst
Resource Storage

Dumb rule or dumb mod?

Postby RikiSmokedFirst » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:57 pm

So on Thursday night I was playing LAN with my buddy SirReal. We played a few rounds of dota and when we went to join our last game of the night we were notified that we were banned under his name for leaving.
I figured this was just a mistake and an autoban which I always make a point of contesting so I dont have to deal with bullshit bans. I made my appeal topic and it was responded to and closed by FalenGa who told me that "there is simply nothing we can do until he appeals." I sent him a pm asking him to simply review the game since I was affected by the ban and knew it was a mistake. He responded with "Because it's the player that is banned who has to appeal for it.You cannot appeal for him. Noone else can. He has to do it. "

Is this really a rule or is FalenGa just an idiot? If it is a rule I think it is one that needs to be changed. Players can report other players for MH or using meepo scripts but we cannot report when autoban makes a mistake? A mistake that ended with me being banned as a result because he was on my IP.

Please rectify this issue so in the future I dont have to waste my time or the mods.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Re: Dumb rule or dumb mod?

Postby aRt)Y » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:12 pm

The moderator is correct. We do not accept ban appeals from users who are not banned. It should be clear that we want the players to appeal the bans so they know what they did wrong.

Considering it is an auto-ban, there is no error. The user disconnected (might have rage-quit, that's why it bans anyway) for which he must appeal and explain himself. He didn't and that's all.
Given you are sharing your IP, it is your responsibility to bear any consequences. The same happens when someone dodges or maphacks on your IP.

So if you do not want to waste your time or the staff's, just tell your friend to appeal the ban - it would have been approved given the stay rate and the nature of the ban.

Case closed.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Processed Cases”