A serious request from bship players

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

aqua
Aura Tree

A serious request from bship players

Postby aqua » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:54 pm

Greetings,

Firist of all, I did read forums rules along with other processed complaint cases, I'm fully aware of consequence of taking complaints too lightly.
After serious consideration I still believe it is serious enough for me to bring it to complaint section instead of ban request, because I was not only speaking for me but entire bship community. We already tried many times on ban request section, as the result the population of bship bots had been shrinking day by day, year by year, so whoever going to handle this case please read entire article and links, we would deeply appreciate it.

Asking higher rank admins to review it please, please consider it as a request from bship community, instead of my personal request.
Original post: viewtopic.php?f=172&t=102103&p=403675

With all due respect, apparently FalenGa didn't even read entire post, otherwise at least he would merge all requests against abadon which still on pending, those links were noted in original post as well.

Let me clarify it so admins can understand it better,
Request for 5th offence on Nov.7, on pending:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=102000&p=403277
Request for 6th offence on Nov.8, on pending:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=102069&p=403572
Request for 7th to 9th offences, resulted, but asking for review
viewtopic.php?f=172&t=102103&p=403675

Please do not take this as an individual case, Ent has to set up a system to prevent this kind of continuous offence happen again, because it is the reason why people stopped joining this game, you can see other players were concerned about it and spent much time to write a paragraph in those request too, people don't do that unless it is really a serious issue.

What we are saying is, the way Ent force its rules only apply under the condition that people are will to learn or change, as FalenGa mentioned in that post "abadon seems to be unable to learn". In fact people like him is able to learn, otherwise he wouldn't learn how to play the game from very first beginning, their problem is they only willing to learn what satisfy their interest, rules and bans doesn't effect them at all because they simply don't care, they are refusing to learn the rules, not unable to, and language is never a problem is this certain case, check his dialogue with other players then, he always repeating "chill out kid, it's only a game". That's the main reason we had no choice but to ask admins to stop him!

As I mentioned in post, it takes 10 people to start the game but it only take 1 to ruin it. That is why this game is dying, because Ent had been fail to stop them from joining, neither change their behavior. We understand that you can't change people if they are unwilling to do so, but at least you can prevent this happen over and over again.

We players had been being simply hopeless for years, bship bot used to fill in 15 minutes, and then it increased to 30 minutes, 2 hours, now it had became over 12 hours sometimes already. Please imagine that you were going to join a bship game on 9 Nov 2016 8:00 EST, and you saw abadon was there too, you knew he is going to do it once again, then you rather spent half an hour to an hour to play a ruined game or just avoided to join it? and of course abadon didn't let you down, he afked and ruined all 3 games that he had joined on that day, no doubt people avoiding to play with him and end up people stop playing, people rather get another thing to do rather then came back later to check/hope that game ruiner had stopped playing, that is how bad players are replacing rule abiding players on Ent, wake up admins.

The worst part is, due to the system failure, there are not only a single game ruiner like him, but many, because we simply unable to prevent them to continually commit same violation. According to current rules, unless they dodge a ban, there is no way to get rid of them. Ent should take it seriously and start to set up some rules for those who committing same violation over 5 times, especially for those who never came to make appeal even once, how do you expect they to change?

The result of case on Nov 9th is also controversial, those 3 games are continuous, and the first 2 of them were only last half an hour, which means what abadon had done is, joined a game, then sit afk until he got kicked, then joined the next one, repeatedly until he willing to stop. How can such a ridiculous behavior being consider as a single offence? It is no where the same as someone just go afk in one game and got kicked, he was kept doing it game after game on the very same day, and FalenGa consider them as a single offence? The result doesn't make sense at all is unacceptable from our point of view.

Here is some reference for continuous game ruiners who never changed even if they got banned, like abadon
m.f, currently banned for his 6th offence.
viewtopic.php?f=172&t=101697&p=401967
fofo, bannd for an year due to ban dodge
search.php?keywords=fofo
goingmad1, banned for an year due to ban dodge
search.php?keywords=goingmad1

And the long list goes on, my point is there is no way to stop them unless they dodge a ban, so they just taking turns to come back and keep committing the same offence to ruin games, how could rule abiding players endure gaming environment like this?
These users thanked the author aqua for the post:
Ziarno (Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:16 am)

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Re: A serious request from bship players

Postby aRt)Y » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:41 am

What exactly are you complaining about? The fact he "only" got 20 days for afking or that the topics have not been merged? Or both?
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

aqua
Aura Tree

Postby aqua » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:07 am

1. 3 offences being considered as one, he repeated being afk in game on that day, and everytime he got kicked, he joined next and repeating this cycle, this is nothing like a single afk offences, plus he had done this countless times before, hence the multiple offences shouldn't being merged and punished as one.

2. Ent actually is lacking of rules for this particular kind of people, they read English and refuse to learn rules at all. Isn't that obvious he still had balls to violate the very same rule after he got banned 4 times intensively in a month?

3. Considering he is not the only case out there, and they refusing to change, we are asking Ent to lift ban duration way longer for same violation over 3rd or 5th times, otherwise they just kept coming back and repeating this cycle by taking turns, they can be unbanned when they come to make appeal and agree to follow rules, until then their action already shows they are totally ignoring entire system so they should be locked out.

We would be glad to see if Ent has alternative ways to change them instead of increasing ban as well, all we are asking is please being considerate for the population of rule abiding players, people really had stopped playing because of them.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:02 pm

@aqua
As i already explained to you in the request i processed, the maximum penalty for going afk is 5 days.
On that note, he was banned for 20 days.

What does that tell you? It should be obvious that we do consider it as a repeated offense, hence the 15 extra days.

Once his ban expires, if he goes afk again, it will result in a ~30 days penalty.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:48 pm

1) Afking three times might not be the same case but it's the same rule violation. The guidelines for moderators already include the minimum and maximum impact a rule violation can have on the game (for various reasons).
2) ENT does have rules regarding that. If players do not learn the game by refusing to learn/listen (due to lack of English skills), they can be votekicked. You can suggest rules to fix that "hole", however, as you might imagine, that's rather hard to do.
3) ENT has guidelines in place to adjust ban durations. The first bans for rule violations increase proportionally. However, in cases as this, the ENT Management might make an exception and enforce bans which are outside the recommended length.

To judge that, all cases have to be processed. I will then review the case (as in all cases regarding the user).

Considering there is no abuse or wrong-doing, the complaint is processed. If you have suggestions regarding ENT's guidelines and policies, you may post a suggestion.

Keep in mind, our policies are not just to punish players but also to protect them from unproportional and abusive bans.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Processed Cases”